Catalyst 11.5a & Battlefield BC2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Isbre, May 15, 2011.

1. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Try this: Goto My Documents>BFBC2 and delete settings.ini

Open BC2 and it should select DX11 by default, do not change any of the video settings in game and try playing on a server... see if that works ...

2. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Did as you said and the same problem....as soon as I click JOIN screen goes black..still hear menu sound and then quits to desktop.

My screen is a Samsung 305T+ 30" 2560 x 1600 native res 60hz. (if that matters).

3. CosmoPoLitan

CosmoPoLitan Guest

GPU:
    MSI Lightning GTX580
    Do you have any hardware monitoring software running? Such as GPU-Z, CPU-Z, Trixx, MSI Afterburner? Punkbuster does not like things that access hardware mapped memory, so for the sake of playing BFBC2 you'll need to disable your monitoring software.

At least until PB releases an update to fix it.

This is a known issue and I believe there was a thread somewhere on Guru3D forums about it a while ago.

4. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Nothing like that running at all..in fact I did a complete re-install of Windows 7 64bit recently and the only thing I installed was BC2 and I got the same problem...wierd

5. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Okay try this:

-Express Unistalled the driver along with all the add-ons from your computer
    -Restart the PC, and run Driver Sweeper on the ATI drivers
    -Do Not Restart
    -Download the latest DirectX web-installer, and run it
    -Download the 11.6 (not 11.6a/b) drivers and install it.
    -Goto your BC2 directory and delete every directX related files (there should be three files, they should have the number 9,10,11 in it)

-Restart your computer
    -Delete the settings.ini again
    -And run BC2, as administrator if possible, and see if that works.