Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    I can confirm that Crossfire DOESN'T work in the game currently, tried using BF1 profile, no go...

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I need to double check in slow motion, but red is my hitmarker for headshots and... today I headshotted a guy with a flick within 15 meters with a bolt action sniper... and he lived :s

Also with the sniper assignment where you need 4 headshots in 1 life your character starts audibly counting. 3.... 4....

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    After 133 hours, i gotta say it's the best BF game for me sinds 1942/BF2.
    Recon/scout class is the only one now i need to lvl up, i haven't seen many people yet with a kar98 does it level that slow?

I like the assignments for guns, but man some are hard and frustrating. The last mastery assignment for the Gewehr 43 was insane, 20 headshots in one round while inside objective areas.
    Camping was a no go, so i made a hipfire build and just went running around and hipfired for headshots and that worked. :D
    So far i have the MP40, FG42, KE7 and the Gewehr 43 fully gold, not sure wich i will do next.

FG42 is my favorit gun, nice rate of fire and i can tap fire people from medium distance with ease.

EDIT: Game is pretty buggy as well, often my hud will disappear, bipod is glitchy, getting killed behind cover again sometimes and insta deaths.

And when a round starts i get huge micro stutters and i have the game on my SSD installed.
    It's quiet annoying when i join a match midway and spawn on a squad mate.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

I agree mostly , games a nice mix of the old battlefield and the new bf3 onwards.

There is a huge patch coming 4th of decmeber which should fix most of the big bugs that I've noted plus the start of tides of war so new map and guns ect

For the assignment try playing on frontlines , makes it easy to be always defending , I did the m1 headshot kills one that way.

signex likes this.

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Got my first STG 1 mag Quad kill :x I couldn't even keep track of what I was shooting at tbh, what a fustercluck.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Agreed, for a game I was sure I was going to hate, I have been very pleasantly surprised.

Most fun I've had since the Vietnam add on for Bad Company 2 (which I played religiously for a year, loved that).

Dragam1337, signex and big ROBOT bill like this.
  7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Omg i had a triple headshot kill with a sniper last night through a bush while i was following a guy lol!

His squadmates probably spawned on him, it was glorious. :D

Corrupt^ likes this.
  8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I think we can all agree on the fact that this game has bugs and in a perfect world would have been released in a couple months.
    It's below the standard of DICE game on a technical level, there's missing features that have been there since BF1942 - switch team / Auto balance ?!

Yet, it's still head and shoulders on top on any other shooter out there. Probably my favorite battlefield since bad company 2 !

Dragam1337, Kolt and BangTail like this.
  9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    The general consensus, which I agree with, is that BFV is not fun to play.
    Critical thinking reminds us that all games have bugs. But it's not just the bugs it's the general direction of the game which makes it least enjoyable.
    -No 2D nor 3D spotting
    -Lowered TTK/TTD
    -TAA which cannot be disabled making it difficult to see enemy players.
    -Randomness of hit rego and the fact they Dice can't figure out why. Surprising because it works just fine in BF1/BF3/BF4. This isn't a new game, nor different game engine. It's simply the same game re-skinned with newer maps with some of the same weapons.
    -DLC is laughable at best. Firing Range is now considered DLC. LOL.
    -Same weapons that you unlocked in BF1 are now locked in BFV based on it's abilities.
    -Did you actually get the weapons/skins from BF1 carried over to BFV? Nope, LOL.
    -Who's playing BFV with RTX, competitively above 1080p? Crickets...
    -We get what 5 or so weapons per class in BFV? Wow, a drop in the bucket compared to other BF games. Now, it could be more but you don't even get to see what's available per class until you get to a certain rank. This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a weapon unlocking system.
    -The notifications that you unlocked some of the most awful looking weapons skins is just atrociously annoying. Just when you think it's something worth while you are simply disappointed by the lack of actual thought into this weapon skin vs BF1 and COD weapon skins.

I'll stop here for now but yeah it's bad. It's not to say some won't like it. Some do in fact. But it doesn't mean that BFV is better. It simply fills the gap for preferences others have. Which is a far cry from actually good game play mechanics, well thought out maps, weapons and team balance and something reminds us we are actually playing Battlefield.

Solfaur likes this.
  10. Strijker

Strijker Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060Ti
    I think it's a great BF. Love the nerf with spotting.Great graphics, game play, sounds, animations, explosions/destruction.
    Sure it has some bugs like that I can't unlock my Sturmgewehr 44 but it doesn't bother me that much and I know it will be fixed pretty soon.

DesGaizu and Kolt like this.

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    You seem to have mistaken your opinion for the "general consensus"

and the fact your first issue is NO 3d spotting shows that, I've seen like maybe 4 people complain about it been gone, most people hated it since its introduction and are glad playing the ui is gone.

BangTail and Kolt like this.
  12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's fun but at the same time it's literally the most rage inducing BF I've ever played. Barely lose any 1v1 fights, but every time I die it's always some random camper that wasn't even part of the fight or group of people that were engaged with eachother.

That and the netcode. I've just VISUALLY seen people hit me BEFORE they came around the corner... like seriously. They had their netcode sorted with BF4, why the hell can't they copy paste what they've done there with whatever minor tweaks that are needed... Jesus.

For me from a gameplay PoV, Twisted Steel & Devastation are the best maps. They have a well defined structure and I find myself getting killed less by random bs.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  13. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    May I suggest an unbiased, actual, research on the subject? Better yet a quick google search would do:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=no+spotting+in+BFV&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

But there are other threads discussing it:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/161541/no-spotting
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/163875/spotting-enemy-soldiers
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...odels-intracate-maps-random-death-from-behind
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/164867/removing-spotting-was-a-mistake
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/84922/spotting-does-not-work

Ok enough of the EA Official Forum lets try Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/a099an/enemy_spotting_system_is_broken/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...potting_flare_why_is_it_so_bad_certainly_the/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/9z5fl5/how_do_you_spot_enemies_in_bfv/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9xfdr0/bring_back_spotting/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9vnwvo/why_the_spotting_flare_nerf/

Again, I agree with the general consensus. And yes, I can actually agree with it. lol

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
  15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    What's with people like you and not respecting other people's opinions.

It's a total inability to accept the fact that not everyone thinks like you or likes or dislikes the same things you do.

Just to use one example that you bought up which is TTK, I hate high TTKs, cannot stand them, you like them, see how that works, we have totally different opinions. I prefer it when people die after I shoot them, you don't ;)

Neither one is right or wrong, just two different preferences.

If you don't like the game, just move the F**k on, seriously.

I hate to use this video again but it does a perfect job of illustrating this particular dysfunctional behaviour.

Dragam1337 likes this.

16. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Lets stick to the context of the conversation.
    By providing you those links it shows, clearly, that general consensus many don't like the removal of no spotting. It was never my view that no one liked the removal.

But lets not forget Metacritic reults:3.5 out of 5
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/battlefield-v

:)

It's a give and take isn't it? You want someone to take consideration in your opinion then you have to have the ability to do the same.

You do realize that Dice plans on changing the TTk/TTD, no you didn't LOL. All you know is "get triggered".
    No wonder there is failure to communicate.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9vclld/battlefield_vs_known_issues_list/
    https://twitter.com/tiggr_/status/1064982245105156096
    https://twitter.com/BFBulletin/status/1065563466801577984/photo/1

So I take it that in order to prevent yourself from looking like a complete hypocrite you now hate Dice imiright? No wait, I'm guessing more trigger.

Honesty what is your problem exactly for either of you? People are pointing out issues, Dice address them for a fix and you want to complain about people complaining about bugs and other issues with BFV. If you are that emotional about it just leave and don't read the post.

17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Why are you telling him to stick to the context when you are the one that cherry picked threads to support your arguments?

You quite literally tried to make your point by using cherry picked links to support your argument and now we can't call you out on it?

Strange debating technique you have there.

I think you are giving yourself too much credit, I don't think anyone is 'emotional' or 'triggered' because of anything you've said, I think 'enervated' is probably a little more accurate.​

Our problem is you trying to imply that your opinions are somehow more valid than other people's for whatever reason (in this case, trying to imply that your opinion is more valid because x amount of (cherry picked) people agree with it).

A lot of people like Britney Spears music, does that mean it's good :rolleyes:

The current TTK is not an issue or a bug, if they change the TTK to the point where I don't like it, I'll either deal with it or I won't play BF V anymore (it won't be the first time that's happened).

And no, I won't hate DICE because I already play Battlefront 2 and that does have a ridiculously high TTK but I give it some leeway as it's Star Wars (even though I much prefer a low TTK based game).

I can always fire up Insurgency Sandstorm, so it's all good :D

And JFYI, I did know that the TTK might be modified, again, because of players like you who can't play unless they can sustain tens of hits without dying. I'm not sure what the allure of this type of gameplay is, but to each their own :confused:

Honestly, why don't you go play Splatoon if the idea of real world weapons that function the way they are supposed to offends you so much :p

The 'failure to communicate' you allude to exists because you want everything changed to suit the way you want to play and guess what, not everyone likes the way you want to play.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Ok so the TTK I have found is alright. At times it can take quite a few hits to kill an enemy and at other times with a good shot to the head the enemy is down near instantly.

A lot of hardcore bf fans who are friends of mine a really enjoying the ttk at the moment. I actually am also!

So what does the mass say? They need increase ttk!? God please no. If it is shortened, i am fine with that, but to increase it would just be outright silly as I mentioned before a good shot will take down the enemy fast.

A lot of people are not used to the new shooting mechanics where you actually have to have some aim and skill and focus to take down an enemy compared to BF1 where we all know there was a lot of spray and pay moments.

Dragam1337 and BangTail like this.
  19. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Thanks for figuring this out!

screwtech02 likes this.
  20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    As expected, the majority crying for higher TTK are console players...

They really ought to just make seperate versions of the game, then console players can have their version with auto aim and needing a full mag to kill someone.

BangTail likes this.