Battlefield 4 in October 2013?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Yeah, mostly with heavy machine guns which is weird because they're slower and I have good ping usually ~35 at German servers (or ~50 at UK servers).

Its not on all servers though, some are fine even with 110 ping.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I thought it was bad enough to stick to vehicles, either driving/flying them or fighting them.
    That's one thing I'd love to see changed and improved for BF4 as it really killed the fun of all infantry/gunfights.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I wonder if BF4 will have 2 seat Jets... that would be fun.

And Ammo limit on vehicles would be good also.

*Edit*

BRAND NEW BATTLEFIELD 4 TRAILER MULTIPLAYER FOOTAGE!!!!!!111ONEONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV-gnh1En6E

(◔ ◡ ◔)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I would like to see air only maps. I got really good with the jets in BF3. Can't wait to try it again with this game.

5. Ecurb

Ecurb Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 290X 4GB @ XFire
  6. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I wonder if all game modes from BF3 and the expansion packs will be included in the base BF4 game.

7. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    All I want is a standalone game again.
    No Battlelog, no Origin, and I would buy it for that alone.

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Didnt like the Jets in bf3, they were slow with broken mechanics compared to Bf2,everyone using cannons to kill.

In bf2 i have over 40k kills in a jet, in bf3 i have around 100 before i stopped playing.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    not going to happen I'm afraid.

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm a ****ty pilot, only got like 2-3 jet kills in BF3, and at least 2 of these were kamikaze roadkill.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  12. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I usually just crash the jets onto tanks! Who has the time to aim and shoot these days. :3eyes:

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yesterday was my off day and played BF3 whole day. yet again. with 70 MS ping i was not able to kill people easily. wasting whole magazine to skill. and in some servers it was that way, but in some servers it was awesome. i hope they fix what causes this. i see hit animation on enemy but i die first, and when i see enemy cam his health is 100%.bullsht. at least it should not be 100%.

anyway. i hope they fix this sht on BF4..but i dont think so.

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I'm glad to be able to play the beta because of this. If there's no change I'll skip this.
    They shouldn't need to use the "laser-like ballistics" like CoD/Quake but too much latency simply kills (infantry-based) gunfights.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    what do you mean with that laser like..u mean, when i pull the trigger, it wont simulate the bullet. an impact will happen on the enemy?

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes, more or less. In CoD bullets hit instantly (at least in theory, if you take lag comp out of the equation on newer titles) and perfectly straight.
    Battlefield has the "nicer" system with simulated ballistics / bullet drop as it takes some time for the bullet to hit the target. With too much latency added network-wise this can be a pure nightmare though, especially if the hitboxes aren't in sync with the picture you get on your screen.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    cant they apply this to BF3? no? why? to milk? god damn :(

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Got me a 48/11 kd on BC2 during a match last night and was congratulated by other players for my team work and killing skills. You'd never see me get anything close to that kind of kd while playing BF3 or even if I did that kind of reaction from other players/other team. I'm so very glad BC2 still has a pretty decent community that help keep it rolling along as it really is so enjoyable to play still.

19. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
  20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @biggie: In theory, at least, the system Dice has is much nicer and much more detailled.
    From my point of view many things they have though are terribly incomplete or simply don't work as intended. They are great, in a perfect world, but often cause more harm than they're worth.
    Lag compensation alone is a feature that can easily make my blood boil and then there's all the other stuff added on top.
    Hitboxes out of sync would be one thing, ballistics and spread or collision meshes (especially with destruction going on) are other examples. In a worst case it ends up like throwing dice :D
    I love how they try to push boundaries, as that's about the perfect opposite to CoD, but regarding their track record a little less with a little more quality/polish would really help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.