Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
    Yea.. that is some dumb s**t... i don't know what thats about...tried it about 5 times before i did something that worked ...i think i used E first then melee and interact and moving mouse everywhere and clicking mouse all at once... lol

2. steveyc27

steveyc27 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    Thanks man, I'll keep trying and use melee, that is some skill eh? LOL

3. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    So this is still occurring, even in the full game. Makes it so damned difficult to aim, any ideas?

4. lebrine

lebrine Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce 680 gtx
    Yup lower ur settings, maybe turn aa off and motion blur. Also check your mouse input is set on raw input.

If that all fails then set the game on low details and rejoin a server. That will probably sort it

5. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    How does the physical warfare pack work? I got the limited edition from origin (disc) and it shows the Karkand thing but where do I get the machinegun or whatever? There is no additional code for the physical warfare pack in my box.

6. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    i use team speak usually, but this time i didnt have anything running. This sucks, i hope its not a creative issue, they take forever to fix something :bang:

7. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Not only is BS but also if you search the phrase "-and mandatory payments directly from credit will be taken for using an excess of four games on your origin service, this will be taken automatically on a bi-yearly basis, the amount determined by length of time connected to your origin service.-" in Google you find around 9 results, wich 3 are from Mlkbride:

http://www.battlefieldsource.net/forums/showthread.php?1556-EA-s-Origin-to-charge-for-service

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7664872.page

(3 other in image boards i think, anonnymous, no name)

And the one from Guru3D of course.

I'd say that if he didnt create that troll attempt, he was the first guy to fall for it lol

8. 1Bravo

1Bravo Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid
    BF3 benchmark (Hyperthreading - on vs off)

Interesting finding...

Source

9. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Kinda well known. HT creates over-head. 2500K beats the 2600K in alot of games due to this. Of course, you can turn HT off.

HT is useful for encoding and work related stuff, but gaming? Turn that off.

10. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    back to karkand isnt realesed yet.

11. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    So maybe I'm just tired after playing for a few hours, but is it just me, or when you go to server history on Battlelog the servers aren't in the order they should be in (last played first and so on)?

You can order by ping, name, etc. but I couldn't find a way to show the server I had just disconnected from at the top of the list in order to add it to my favorites.

The thing is, I was playing on a custom server, only difference from "Normal" being that it had 60% health (Still had HUD, 3d spotting, kill cam, etc.). It seemed to give the game faster pace and I quite enjoyed it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    *sigh*.... knew i should have went with my gut and not bought this game. Had an interesting, yet short, chat with Theodore on EA/Origin's Live Chat system, though.

13. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    I'm just going to re-post a previous comment of mine because I was hoping I might get some answers:

- PR-0927

14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    ElementDragon. Get with the times.

Even before DD, you couldn't return games. I tried to return a few games when I was younger and they wouldn't accept PC games once opened at Walmart, BestBuy, or EB Games. If you bought it, opened it, no refund. ANY GAME with a CD Key cannot be refunded.

You could at least re-sell them back then, though, but still. What exactly are you unhappy about?

If you didn't like the SP; then well tough titties, it was a tutorial, they said that multiple times.

IF you didn't like the MP; what is wrong with you, and second, there was an open beta that was open for two weeks, and third...there's 10 million gameplay videos out there.

How could spend 60$ on a game without looking at videos of it, reading about it, or learning anything about the game?

Your own fault here, bud.

15. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

Quite frankly, I agree 100%. There were MANY ways to ensure you weren't buying a product you would be unhappy with.

And yeah - I could never return boxed PC games either - you open it, refunding will not happen. CD keys are the culprit of this.

- PR-0927

16. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    for one... you hit the nail right on the head there. You could at least re-sell games before DD. Now, once it's tied to your account, you'd have better luck wiping your a** with the money you paid for the game than getting anything back from it.

Second... i haven't even touched the SP so far, to be honest.

Third... you can't base your overall opinion of a game on two different maps in one different game mode each. When i was playing Operation Metro during the beta.... i wasn't fond of it at first, but it started to grow on me.... which made me consider buying it. Then i was actually able to play Caspian Border for that last weekend... and it was enjoyable... but not exactly fantastic. So i figured i'd buy it to give it a shot. So far, i've played damn near nothing but Rush (at least if i just try to join a quick match rather than rooting through their very odd server browser), and noticed that on just about every map, the map designers must have been on some serious drugs. Half of them seem to start the attackers on aircraft carriers.... with two choppers and a bunch of boats.... neither of the choppers having missiles. At the same time, the defenders have Anti-Aircraft vehicles to take out the choppers as if they practically didn't exist... along with the people using Stinger's and such to try to take them out... and the rest just camp along the docks shooting anyone trying to make the approach by boat.... and camping along the edges out of sight for those that happen to make it to land.

Then there are the ones that seem to take that idea and make it the complete opposite. The attackers have jets, heli's, tanks, Anti-personnel vehicles, hummers.... while the defenders get like... one tank and a TOW launcher.

Team Deathmatch was fun for the short time i played it so far.... think i'm like rank 12 or so now, and i've only seen one Conquest match played in the Operation Metro map.

And being an avid gamer, i would have expected even you'd know better that you can't base your opinion of a game on video's and other people's opinions. That'd be like not buying Dark Souls or Demon's Souls on PS3 because someone said it's "Hard as balls"... even though it's still insanely fun.

17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Uh, I can tell if I'd at least enjoy a game based on videos and peoples opinions. PLus, you played the beta man. Sorry, you have no legit excuse. The game is better than the beta, and you bought it based off the beta, and are not happy with the final product.

Not only did you have videos, opinions, screenshots, lots of information, you even had two weeks to try out the game.

18. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    The settings are a mix of medium and high, no AA, no SSAO, etc. The framerate is fine, it just feels sluggish sometimes... the game runs smooth but the mouse movement feels like it's 40FPS.

Disabling HT made it a little better, but it's still there.

19. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

Umm, I don't think you read what we said very carefully. You could NOT resell games before DD (PC games at least - if you opened the box, you would NOT get a refund).

Additionally, I disagree with you 100% about the map layouts. And you're supposed to unlock the missiles, flares, etc. for the vehicles.

But I still agree with Mkilbride. Aside from the beta, there were TONS of videos you could have watched. And if you didn't like BC2 (or other BF games), why would you expect differently for this one?

- PR-0927

20. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Actually i did it with a few games .. (GTA4 for example.) Some games you can ''revoke'' your CD-Key when deleting.
    When i came back to the store they were are all laughing at me when i said about the revoke option, then i had to demo it and after that there was silence and money in my hand ... hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.