Asus Xonar U7 HD 7.1

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by RagDoll_Effect, Oct 23, 2013.

1. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    It says in the specs for the U7, 110db input signal which is the ADC :) So, looks like it's higher than the DSX. This will produce better sound because of the raw signal strength. Also, in the U7 software and drivers, there's some features for recording :)

regards,
    RagDoll.

2. TechnicsHIFIfan

TechnicsHIFIfan Guest

GPU:
    Nivda GT240 1 GB
    The U7 will be the choice then, and much easier to moving a whole desktop around:bang:

Thanks for the help RagDoll. Looks a nice unit, not sure i can swap the opamps though, evenually I will get rid of the old girl ( Compaq R3000) for something new, take over my brothers HP notebook'. Sell some cd players to make room lolz i got about 8

Regards
    Macca

3. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Cool, Welcome :) I've got a few cd playes too lol, even a Sony discman portable :)

cheers,
    RagDoll.

4. RazorSim

RazorSim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB
    Hi all and sorry for my english :D

I bought the U7 in august ( 2013 :D ) and it is just amazing.

But now i want the new driver from the echelon version. I've seen the Martix's post but the method seems to not working properly for me.

I need to change the windows date to 17/12/2013 even to launch the last .exe. When it runs the hardware check fails... it ask me for the u7 echelon. Any helps?

5. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Did you disable driver signing?

regards,
    RagDoll.

6. RazorSim

RazorSim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB
    Sure, i did it from the advanced reboot menĂ¹ in windows 8.

Thanks for your answere

regards,
    Razor

7. RazorSim

RazorSim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB
    Sure, i rebooted the OS without the driver sign thing from the "advanced reboot" .

Maybe i am just unluky :)

Did you follow the Martix's guide without any errors shown ?

Regards,

RazorSim

8. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    What Windows are you using? Win7 or win8?

9. RazorSim

RazorSim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB
    Windows 8.1.

by the way, I needed to change the date of the OS to 17/12/2013 because the Setup_1.0.8.exe didn't launch properly. But i don't think this is the problem, with the right date the exe doesn't even launch :D

10. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    I got it working in windows 7, so I haven't tried it in Win8 :(

Try running it in compatibilty mode : Win7 SP1 :)

regards
    ,RagDoll.

11. RazorSim

RazorSim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB
    Thank you RagDoll, i'll try it and post the result :D

Regards,
    Razor

12. RazorSim

RazorSim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB

No way to let it work, but i want it badly :D

Waiting for Martix! :D

13. RazorSim

RazorSim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB
    Up! Any helps?

14. RazorSim

RazorSim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB
    Up! Any news? :)

15. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Did you make sure USB 2.0 is selected underneath the U7?

regards,
    RagDoll.

16. RazorSim

RazorSim Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB
    I am sure :) I am using the sound card correctly, the only problem is the hardware check when i try to install the echelon driver

17. Happytribe

Happytribe Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA geforce 550
    i am struggling to install my Asus Xonar u7 7.1 external audio card but cannot get it all correct. i keep getting code 12 resource conflict (looks like some of you have seen this), if and when a solution presents, i'd be grateful for any info.
    many thanks

18. deejaywolf

deejaywolf Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 3GB
    Hello.
    I have bought Asus Xonar U7 Echelon and pair of monitors KRK Rokit 5 G3.
    Bu I have a problem. I hear static noise and some high-frequency noise coming out. High-frequency noise changes if computer works(mouse moving, scrolling, and so on). If I decrase volume of the speakers to minimum(-30dB), those noises almost disappear, but this is not a solution. Moving volume in Windows does not any effect.
    I have tried sound card and speakers with another computer, but it was barely the same. Noises stop after unplugging sound card from USB, or cable speakers-soundcard from sound card, so cable should be fine. They are high quality gold plated cinch/cinch.
    I've tried to power speakers from another room, even with no grounding but still the same.
    I bought even gold plated USB cable with ferrites, but nothing changed.
    I unplugged everything except sound card and keyboard from computer, but still the same and the noise was in BIOS too.
    I tried to connect sound card through usb hub, still nothing.
    Only improvement was, when I split up USB cable to data/power and connected power to adapter and add some ferrites and noise filter. So now it is not powered from computer anymore.
    Static noise and high-frequency noise is almost gone, but if i open vlc player, winamp, firefox, ... it makes noise again. Sometime you just need to start the application, sometime you need to pres "play" button. Then you hear high-frequency noise(static noise is probably gone). After turning off those applications or pushing "stop" button in some, noise disappears.
    I bought from ebay ground loop isolator, but it only made the high-frequency noise stronger.
    I have desktop, W7 64bit, Intel i5, Gigabyte 7950 3GB, 16GB RAM, supply unit Fortron Aurum Gold 600W.
    Thanks for any advice

19. xynxyn

xynxyn Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    wow... strange thing as an external soundcard should eliminate those kind of issues...
    as you tried everything else already why not back it up to basics?
    try if headphones have this issue or maybe plug the KRK's on the mobo onboard sound to see what happens.
    did you try different usb ports on your PC? depending on the MoBo front-usb can have some issues with voltages.
    Did you check the settings in the U7 control panel if maybe there is something activated that shouldn't be if using monitors?

maybe somethings wrong with the U7 or the speakers?
    I drive my 250ohm Beyerdynamic Headphones with this card on full loudness and have absolute zero noise.

sorry, dont have any more ideas on this...

20. RED_404

RED_404 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080/980 temp need $$
    Just got this thing and well, back in the UPS drop-box for a refund in under 45min.
    It looks nice and all but on 3 systems it has poping and noise when no audio is playing and a rather considerable hiss during audio playback. As for the Mic input its fuzzy and a little muted on my Antlion Mod Mic v4 until the gain hits something like +35db then its just loud and overdriven. Quite frankly, this thing is far worse than the 6year old Realtek onboard audio on this system.

Used with Shure SRH840 headphones.