Aorus 1080 ti xtreme - weird crashes

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XcroN, Jan 4, 2018.

1. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    Hi,
    I don't know if it's driver, Hardware or MSI AB related so i decided to post it here.
    I'm having a random crashes in game with AB turned on on my system (Overwatch rendering device lost, black ops 3 once every couple of days crashing).
    Windows 10 pro, Latest AB, Latest NVIDIA Driver. F3P BIOS from gigabyte (rest of my specs listed on my profile).
    The crashes occur when i raise my TDP to 150% but with no voltage adjustments yet (Overwatch crashing either with TDP 150% or stock while AB is running. Tried to raise the voltage to 100% to check for stability, same thing.
    The temps are fine as i use EK waterblock on the GPU.
    Keeping the GPU at stock clocks and only raising TDP to 150% for now and still OW will crash and black ops 3 can have random crashes every couple of days (driver stopped working and was recovered error in windows event viewer).

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    What clocks are you reaching with OC? Seems you might simply have Lost the silicon lottery. My 1080Ti is perfectly stable, however just DARE I try to push it past 2037mhz, instant crash fest, below that rock solid, while my 1080 used to go past 2150mhz.

3. beta-sama

beta-sama Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS GTX1080Ti WF
    I have the same GPU, except its the Waterforce WB edition. My max core clock stable is 2088Mhz but 100+ in voltage, max temp 38°C, if the temp go up like 45°C i have a crash so...

https://www.3dmark.com/fsst/675010

4. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    For now, I'm not using any OC above what comes with the card so all the times i'm around 2000 Mhz when TDP is 150%.
    Oerwatch will crash no matter what the settings is and will only work when AB is not running. Black ops 3 started to crash not long ago so might be a driver issue? (same settings just TDP and never crashed).
    But anyway when i push to 2025 mhz and above games crashing instantly or after 30-50 seconds.

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Try barebones driver installation with pre-cleaning by DDU. Use stock voltages, and check memory OC (perhaps even underclock it by 5% or smt) Test it out then.

If it crashes with Stock clocks/ settings / voltage, then you can RMA it, if it starts crashing After you apply any kind of OC, means you simply got very unlucky with silicon lottery.

6. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    Without AB running everything is good no issues. That's the weird issue that i have.

7. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Can't suggest anything else besides reinstalling AB + Riva Tuner.

8. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    Wiped AB and driver with DDU, Fresh installed and tested with this settings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So far, 2038 Mhz on 1.31V black ops 3 and ROTTR Didn't crashed. Will put 3DMark stress test soon and heaven to measure how much headroom i have.

9. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Sounds promising, good luck with it.