AMD VEGA10 Graphics Card Photo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Linus's video also showed that Doom was running all Ultra settings, no Nightmare ones.

Anyone got some 4k numbers for latest version of Doom with Ultra settings using GTX1080?

2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Thanks for the info! There are some clocks that are finalized for Vega, though. Unless it's not a 4096 shader part (which is very unlikely), Vega has to be able to hit 1525MHz to get to 12.5Tflop for the enterprise parts. One part of me says that usually enterprise parts have lower clocks, but it's an open field at this point. Still I would guess that if the configuration is indeed that, 1.5GHz for Vega seems to be an absolute minimum.

It doesn't matter. That system was there so that people in Dell, HP and all the rest of the HPC crowd could see that AMD had indeed high performance silicone almost ready and that they weren't bullsh*ting them during the presentation. Whatever performance it got is so ballparky that doesn't really matter. For all we know it might be faster than the Titan X, or it could get a last minute errata and end up slower than the 1080. We have to wait for some actual samples with actual drivers and not a debug ES made to show that they actually have something. Although, compared to Polaris, they have shown more of Vega, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see it earlier than we did with the RX 480, maybe around April-May.

3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´m going to be disappointed if the new cards from AMD aren´t significantly faster than the current 1080...

After all, Nvidia still has the 1080TI to counter the new Vega cards.

4. pokyeah88

pokyeah88 Member

GPU:
    strix gtx 1070
    thx for the info - looking foward to a new cpu since newer games need a lot more than 4 threads

5. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Looks like Vega 10 only works with Doom 2016 :D

Must be cheap :p

6. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Damm that would be cool if they released the pcb in its final form with the usb attatchment on it! Looks hella cool in my opinion.

7. MainFrame Alpha

MainFrame Alpha Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX 980 TI
    reminds me of car models at there last stage development and test drive..front and rear are covered so we don't know how the final product gonna look like :nerd:
    i just hope AMD is going to deliver something really special with VEGA

8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I think it does matter, especially for people who've decided to wait.

There is this one video I found;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13V8lYS--Pg

Bare in-mind, he's using the same PC to record the video as well.

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The max performance we get from NVIDIA until Volta is the Titan XP. The Ti will be lower than that. The Titan XP is the performance benchmark.

Only it doesn't really. As I said before, even properly scaling Polaris CFX is as fast as a 1080. Even if Vega had zero improvements over Polaris and was a "dumb" duplicate running with double shaders/rops/hbm2 at 1.5GHz, it would destroy the 1080. On top of that we have what looks to be the biggest GCN revision to date.

All logic dictates that the card will be close to the Titan XP initially. People need to stop squeezing that demo. It was literally running on debug boards so that financial people and the press could see that AMD has actual silicone. Saying that we can judge performance from that is ridiculous.

10. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Lol...

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    come on you know that they want you to see it in its upmost finest light....it cant be that good at this point.
    you know how amd is. if it could destroy a top competitors card they would have shown it in another green game that thier cards have issues with.
    nv would have
    like it will matter anyways I know I know just saying

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017