AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.5.1 - Driver Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by GaryX, May 24, 2023.

1. Abaddon

Abaddon Active Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6800
    Had the some problems with 6600, until march on a DELL 25 240hz, hope the black screen will be fixed soon on 6650.
    After i disabled hardware acceleration on edge everything ran fine, how frequent are they?

HD64G likes this.
  2. dhaern

dhaern Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1060 6gb
    Is the driver timeout and crash related to Directx 12 fixed or I will need stay AGAIN with 22.5.1 with MPO disabled?? In WoW this is happening with EVERY driver after 22.5.1 even if you disable MPO...

3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Well, this is disappointing. Guess I will need to wait longer for a solid laptop build of the newer branch.

Direfield and zingzs like this.
  4. Jefferson Alvarez

Jefferson Alvarez Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT
    the tree is falling down with all those branches, lest go cut some, this is not a placebo finally im feeling something different

Last edited: May 25, 2023

5. loki168

loki168 New Member

GPU:
    amd rx 590
    since WoW Dragonflight i play mostly with Directx12 and AMD RX 590 Polaris never had driver crash or timeout issue. Early yes MPO disables helped with Chrome Browser for me only.

6. methariorn

methariorn New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 7900XTX
    I updated to this driver using display driver uninstal and Forza Horizon 5 keep crashing after the loading screen. Any other game work just fine (flight simulator, hitman 3, sniper elite 5, god of war, cities skyline, assetto corsa competizione).

silvia95guy likes this.
  7. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    Will look for closely. And will call out if it isn't fixed.

I will also check out for other bugs... Probably should've reported second one, but it is under "overclocking" clause.

Also need to check same driver week later in case they add some signatures again.

8. tonyrunks

tonyrunks Guest

GPU:
    Xfx rx 6650 xt
    Mines happens when the monitor goes too sleep , I still have too manually disable ULPC . Doesnt seem like they have this as an issue or even know about it.

9. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    Soo... updates on my bug tracks.
    Enchanced sync + flip buffer presentation is still broken AF
    And max frequency setup also broken (partially)
    Second bug is quite specific. If you go over max freqency = 2750 and then try to reduce freqency by just 3-7 mHz - either system will freeze instantly or adrenaline will freeze and system will follow after about 30 seconds. Only resolve is reset button - software reboot won't work.
    You can still go 2750+ --> -10 --> +5 mHz and it will work though. Instead of direct 2765 --> -5 which will freeze
    Can confirm this behaviour additionally at 2840/2835 and it doesn't care about set voltage.

10. LCA

LCA Active Member

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX Nitro+
    Thanks for the heads up and making the audio driver available. I've had crashes and/or BSODs with the 10.0.1.24 driver on my old AMD system and on my current Z790\13900k PC. Currently the HDMI audio driver is disabled in the Device Manager.
    I'll try the new driver out tomorrow.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Im still keeping that 2700min - 2800max and the average is around 2730mhz at 1.150v its perfectly stable. Driver works fine i just wish it had HAGS.

12. TheRockZBK

TheRockZBK Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6650
    maybe they were fixing a problem with Dolby Atmos

13. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    Ah, you probably hadn't understood me.
    I do have 2840 set 2790-2800 get OC with 1155 mV (sadly 1150 and lower have instability gap at 2440 set 2390 get). And it is fine
    But try to reduce your max frequency slider by exactly 5 mHz (type by text) while in game or PBR donut (with unlimited FPS, so you actually had load with max frequency).
    So for me it would be 2835, and for you it will be 2795 mHz
    System will instantly freeze.

Undying likes this.
  14. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Polaris still jumps to high gpu/mem clocks on desktop for 5s at a 60s interval while doing nothing (link1, link2) when relive components are installed. I guess this will be a departing bug to stay on these cards. Has been previously reported, and it's not on the issues list.

15. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    The version of AMF module (hardware encode library) in all drivers:
    Regular 23.5.1 - 1.4.29
    7600 23.5.1 - 1.4.30
    UWP - 1.4.31

BTW I have tested Win11 from the DEV branch (23466.1001) and there is no problem with the compatibility of the drivers with the OS.
    The problem exists just with builds from the Canary branch (25370.1).

I'm still not sure if the problem exists just on my system. Guys with NVidia cards confirmed that in the green team, everything is ok. But nobody else from the red team hasn't confirmed that has the same issues as me - corrupted DX12 rendering in some games like Returnal and SOTR(DX12), and WattMan reset on every boot.

16. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    I be fine if they released it as optional driver and then released a recommended driver at same time on stable branch
    if given up but i am pretty sure it happens in dx11 as well 100% sure even if you talking about freezes which sometimes give a gpu driver crash.

17. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    So far the only annoying thing, which isn't special to this driver, is that the all the settings stick when upgrading except for the frame rate cap that always moves from 240 down to 60. I find this strange because I am sure there are tons of gamers out there that set a frame rate cap and then have no idea they are being restricted to 60 after updating a driver. It is crazy how many people just don't pay attention to their settings or even notice if their frames are lower than they should be. It seems odd that my radeon image sharpening setting sticks through the update but not the frame rate cap. I assume this is a feature and not a bug?

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    So where is the Diablo 4 optimized driver?

19. Fabri01

Fabri01 Member

GPU:
    Rx 6600
    Thanks! How did you get the AMF module version?

20. PJVol

PJVol Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 XT
    This is actually normal behavior, rather having "overdrive" settings kept is not.

The installer should wipe and recreate all related data in registry, and it'd better to avoid any "keep settings" options when updating.

As for the FRTC limit, it was reset to 60 on every update as long as I remember. Rather it's surprising there are people not knowing this..