AMD seems to be developing Nintendo NX APU

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    On N64 and Gamecube nintendo was so far ahead of the other consoles graphically I was in shock, to pretend that graphics mean nothing when nintendo has gone from far in front to far behind is B.S.

I guarantee you that if they made a a console powerful enough to have on par or better multiplat games, your average gamer would buy a nintendo console again and there would be the install base again to justify a lot of first party games, but as it stands now there are garbage cash in games and little to no first party games worth buying .

2015 and still no new Wii U Zelda, nintendo has lost their minds and their leading years had a lot to do with the graphical power of their consoles.

Remember how n64 had Shadows of the Empire and Mario 64, and PS1 had basically fixed camera corridor sprite based resident evil games, it was laughable how far behind sony was

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Anyone who says the wii-u is inadequate has never played on a wii-u.

3. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    What a load of $#!+.

I owned a Wii and a Wii U and sold it when it became clear that any games worth playing were going to be 1080p 30fps or 720p 60fps ( or less ). I did the same with my 3DS when it also became clear that it was yet another nintendo platform for shovelware with piss poor graphics and performance.

I didn't play a single good looking game on it.

Even the side scrolling mario on launch was 720p 30fps.

The console is garbage, the deus ex port was 720p 30fps, the omfg uber awesome open world monster hunter game was 720p 30fps...

That's not even getting into the lack of AA and texture quality in any game.

The console has 800mb ram............

The fact that the Wii U has sold only 8million copies since launch and has less than a handful of half decent games obviously has nothing to do with the consoles objective failure...it's all in the minds of the haters right...

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Well that is your opinion. However you are wrong about the graphics of the Wii-U there were no 1080p 30fps games none what so ever. Heck there were no games for the Wii-U for that matter that were 30fps.

True that the n64 was more powerful than the PS1 however the cartridges were the downfall of that Console. You are wrong about the GameCube. The GameCube was 2nd to the Xbox in hardware while the PS2 was 3rd.

5. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme

Nintendo exclusive Wii U retail games:
    Bayonetta: 720p & 60 FPS (some struggles)
    Bayonetta 2: 720p & 60 FPS (some struggles)
    Captain Toad - Treasure Tracker: 720p & 60 FPS (same engine as SM3DW)
    Donkey Kong Country - Tropical Freeze: 720p & 60 FPS (loading screen stuttering)
    Game & Wario: 720p & 60 FPS
    Hyrule Warriors (single-player): 720p & 30 FPS (struggles)
    Hyrule Warriors (co-op): 480p & 30 FPS during co-op (struggles)
    Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush: 720p & 60 FPS (framerate in character animations low because the developers wanted to achieve a proper "claymation feel". Could be 1080p as I didn't find a source, but I doubt it).
    LEGO City - Undercover: 720p & 30 FPS (some struggling reported)
    Mario Kart 8 (1-2 players): 720p & 60 FPS (no anti-aliasing)
    Mario Kart 8 (3-4 players): 720p & effective 30 FPS (basically 60 FPS, but the refresh is divided between bottom and upper screen...meaning 30 FPS in practise. No anti-aliasing with some dips once in a blue moon)
    Mario Party 10 - 720p & 60 FPS
    Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games: 720p & 60 FPS
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: 1080p(?) & 60 FPS (major struggles, averages at ~38 FPS).
    New Super Mario Bros. U: 720p & 60 FPS
    New Super Luigi U: 720p & 60 FPS
    Nintendo Land: 720p & 60 FPS
    Pikmin 3: 720p & 30 FPS
    Sonic Boom - Rise of Lyric: 720p & 30 FPS (major struggles)
    Sonic Lost World: 720p & 60 FPS
    Splatoon: 720p & 60 FPS (no anti-aliasing)
    Super Mario 3D World: 720p & 60 FPS
    Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 1080p & 60 FPS
    The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD: - 1080p & 30 FPS
    The Wonderful 101: 720p & 60 FPS (some struggles)
    Wii Fit U: 720p & 60 FPS
    Wii Party U: 720p & 60 FPS
    Wii Sports Club: 720p & 60 FPS
    Xenoblade Chronicles X: 720p & 30 FPS
    Yoshi's Woolly World: 720p & 60 FPS
    ZombiU: 720p & 30 FPS

EDIT:

I owned a PS2, Xbox and Gamecube during that generation, and anyone who has played them all will tell you the same, the gamecube was significantly more powerful than either of the other 2 and produced the best looking games. There were some aspects of the xbox that were better than the Gamecube and many of the gamecube that were better than the xbox, which is why it's games looked so much better.

There was nothing on the other 2 consoles that looked anywhere close to Mario Sunshine and Rogue Squadron 3.

6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Well Sonic boom was crappy game to begin with and same with Zombi-U. Well of course MarioKart8 would be 30fps with 3-4players Mario Kart Wii was the same way with 2. I do see alot of 60fps games which means the console is not crappy.

7. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I noticed you conveniently forgot to mention that 99% of the games at 60fps are all 720p or less, do you need me to re-quote that list and go and bold all of those entries that are 60fps and 720p or less, or do you still have the capacity to be honest and objective and concede that my initial claim of as much is entirely true,l and the only reason we are talking, actually yeah, I'll list it again for you.

Nintendo exclusive Wii U retail games:
    Bayonetta: 720p & 60 FPS (some struggles)
    Bayonetta 2: 720p & 60 FPS (some struggles)
    Captain Toad - Treasure Tracker: 720p & 60 FPS (same engine as SM3DW)
    Donkey Kong Country - Tropical Freeze: 720p & 60 FPS (loading screen stuttering)
    Game & Wario: 720p & 60 FPS
    Hyrule Warriors (single-player): 720p & 30 FPS (struggles)
    Hyrule Warriors (co-op): 480p & 30 FPS during co-op (struggles)
    Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush: 720p & 60 FPS (framerate in character animations low because the developers wanted to achieve a proper "claymation feel". Could be 1080p as I didn't find a source, but I doubt it).
    LEGO City - Undercover: 720p & 30 FPS (some struggling reported)
    Mario Kart 8 (1-2 players): 720p & 60 FPS (no anti-aliasing)
    Mario Kart 8 (3-4 players): 720p & effective 30 FPS (basically 60 FPS, but the refresh is divided between bottom and upper screen...meaning 30 FPS in practise. No anti-aliasing with some dips once in a blue moon)
    Mario Party 10 - 720p & 60 FPS
    Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games: 720p & 60 FPS
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: 1080p(?) & 60 FPS (major struggles, averages at ~38 FPS).
    New Super Mario Bros. U: 720p & 60 FPS
    New Super Luigi U: 720p & 60 FPS
    Nintendo Land: 720p & 60 FPS
    Pikmin 3: 720p & 30 FPS
    Sonic Boom - Rise of Lyric: 720p & 30 FPS (major struggles)
    Sonic Lost World: 720p & 60 FPS
    Splatoon: 720p & 60 FPS (no anti-aliasing)
    Super Mario 3D World: 720p & 60 FPS
    Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 1080p & 60 FPS
    The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD: - 1080p & 30 FPS
    The Wonderful 101: 720p & 60 FPS (some struggles)
    Wii Fit U: 720p & 60 FPS
    Wii Party U: 720p & 60 FPS
    Wii Sports Club: 720p & 60 FPS
    Xenoblade Chronicles X: 720p & 30 FPS
    Yoshi's Woolly World: 720p & 60 FPS
    ZombiU: 720p & 30 FPS

Now I've only highlighted the games that are 60 frames and 720p, if you want me to highlight the ones that are 720p and 30fps I can hightlight twice as many.

Out of that entire list, there are only 2 games that are 60fps and not 720p, one of them is a kirby painting game, and thue other is a cartoon fighting game.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Consistency. Something that the other two consoles severely lack.

The wii-u is far more consistent with its own hardware than the other two consoles. Gameplay and smooth gameplay at that should always come first over gfx. The games on wii-u makes the xbox/ps looks like beige boxes in comparison.

Id take 720p 60 fps fun games over the shooter boxes any day of the week. Now go makes list of how many games on the x1/ps4 are not 30 fps at 920 sub 30fps.

By arguing against the wii-u and for the ps4/x1 in terms of hardware, is just plain stupid. They're both under-powered, but atleast the devs on the wii u understand what makes games fun, understand the limitations of the hardware rather than punching above the consoles weight and deliver stable games that work. Only Naughty Dog and Sonys other two veteran devs are capable of doing anything spectacular with the ps4. As for the x1, MS pissed all over its biggest ip - Halo, with its absolutely disgusting port job.

What, with all the extra hardware, has the ps4/x1 done that simply puts thw wii-u to shame? Sales, it just shows that even console gamers care mjore about gfx than they do about gameplay. Over priced Third party indie crap? I've played enough top-down sidecrolling me too tower defence zombie shooters in the 90's to care. Ubi/Activision/EA? Dont make me laugh...

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Well I stand Corrected on the 30fps games however there are far more on the Xbox-one and PS4.

10. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    There is nothing smooth about the frame rates of wii u games, I have played enough and seen enought review sites bench the games in playthroughs to know that most of the '30fps games' dip frequently betwen 10-20 frames and are as uneven as 360 and ps3 were.

How many '30fps' ps3/360 games had dips down to 20 or less...almost all of them, and the same is true of the wii u.

@Fender178

The xb1/ps4 chose higher res over higher frame rate, both all 3 of them had to compromise because of weak hardware, none of them deserve excuses made on their behalf because of that though.

I have been a lifelong Nintendo fan, I am not some PC elitist, but as a fan and owner of every peice of nintendo hardware except the gameboy advance; nintendo is now producing garbage hardware and shovelware games, there is nothing to defend.

Unless they make a console that is above par from the other makers then I have no reason to care.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Here, heres a new last gen port for you to play on the x1/ps4..

Prototype's HD Biohazard Bundle is a big disappointment
    Lol, the x1 cant even play a play a last gen game @ 1080p60fps.

See, power is irrelevant if you dont know how to use it. Quality over quantity, my friend.

Hahahahaha.

Seriously. Go play on a ps4/x1.
    All games are sub 30fps except for COD (the game everyone seems to think is a technical mess) and some first party games (like 1 or two). Every game is sub 30. The new batman, the Witcher 3 Ubi soft games, EA games....

This is hilarious.

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Quickly but surely turned into a console war :D

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well unfortunately, there are far too many pretend gamers around who argue that games like crysis are just tech demos...then go on to demand that developers put more effort in gfx rather than gameplay. Hypocrisy much?

But hey, what do expect in a world where games like asscreed and bf3/bf4/Hl sell millions a year. Simply minds and all.

14. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    When I was playing Bayonetta there was a little bit of choppiness and the same went for the 2nd game but that is when alot of stuff is going on. Majority of Wii-U titles that I have played have been very smooth. The same thing happened with Diablo3 on the Xbox-one when they made the game 1080p when it had no business being 1080p @60fps because it could not handle it.

15. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    What's your point, I never owned a PS3/360 or PS4/XB1, nor will I ever/have ever defended them.

I have always been a nintendo and PC gamer, now that nintendo makes the same or even worse hardware and even worse games there is nothing in consoles for me anymore.

You make that post as though someone else being as piss poor as nintendo somehow dilutes their failure.

The only console maker with something unique to offer now has nothing to offer, hence their 8 million wii u sales globally since 2012.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Then theres no point in arguing about something you have no experience with..

and the wii-u is the highest selling console in Japan.

17. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I am hoping that the NX will bring back 3rd party developers and it will be just like it was in the NES/SNES days with plenty 3rd party support and before their screw up with the n64.

18. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I am talking about why nintendo and the wii u are garbage, as someone who owned the console, and all other nintendo consoles I am in the best position to comment on it.

The console was garbage, the games were 720p/30fps cash ins or ps3 ports that ran even worse on wii u, old nintendo remakes that despite a decade ( wind waker ) still only ran at 30fps. Most of the games don't even have a proper sound mix on wii u. They may as well be android ports because they are of the same quality.

19. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    And the worst selling nintendo console of all time, with only half the sales of the gamecube...a console that sold so poorly that nintendo stopped selling it mid lifespan...with no replacement.

*slow clap*

That they still sell a console that sold half as many units as one they pulled due to failure to sell, says a lot about their predicament.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Because either the port job was poor, or thats all the console could handle. A nintendo console was never about realistic gfx that match crysis or bf.

And how many cheap cash in under performing ports are there on the other consoles?