AMD Ryzen Processor with 12 Cores and 24 Threads Spotted

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    For F#&$% sake, who cares about stupid talks about grammar and stuff like that, this is a tech forum, not a stupid school, if you wanna talk about grammar go somewhere else, keep the talk about hardware or bugger off.

2. Camaxide

Camaxide Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X SLI
    Grammar doesnt need to be perfect. If errors are spotted its nice to point them out so they can be corrected, but does not make or breake a news post. Its more important that the news are correct and relevant :) Guru3D is my nr1 goto site for tech news. Not because they have the least spelling errors, but because they have good and up-to date news presented in a nice way. Keep up the good work :)

3. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Not wanting to jump on any bandwagon, but Spellcheckers have been around for quite some time now, and are pretty easy to use.

For frontpage news, i'd take an extra minute or two to check it, personally.

In the forums, or comments, well, its not so much of a problem.

4. anthos

anthos Guest

GPU:
    -
    *you

5. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Can we please stop with the grammar trolling. English isn't Hilbert's first language (despite Dutch education being amongst the best in the world and him being fluent), but the content on this site is amongst the best on the web so it's why I keep coming here. People make mistakes when they're in a hurry, so lay off.

In other news, 12 and 16 core Ryzen is very tempting...

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Jesus AMD! They're making it rain core count!

7. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Side note to the write - pours and safe - Sorry it's the Teacher in me :)[/QUOTE]

Write a thousand tech articles in Dutch and see how well your grammar and spelling stands up to nit picking. In my book pointing out the obvious for no other reason but to be righteous is a vainglory move.

On topic.. I am glad to see AMD finally spreading their wings. All this new technology is a win win for us the consumer.

8. Zeka

Zeka Active Member

GPU:
    PowerColor R9 280
    Spellcheckers do not work with valid words like "save" or "pour".
    I studied English language and literature and I'm not bothered by an occasional typo or wrong word. It's a tech news site, and Hilbert is not a native speaker.

On topic: AMD seems intent on taking the game to Intel in the workstation arena. Exciting times ahead.

9. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    I agree, its nit picking, but literally EVERY site has people in the comments suggesting corrections.
    It shouldn't be taken as a slight against the author, it will ALWAYS happen.
    yes, spellcheckers don't do correctly spelled words, i get you there.

I'm an Englishman living in France, and I am probably the only person who uses spellcheck in this company before sending out emails. :)

This is an English site iirc, if it was Dutch, and then had a translated version of the site, that would be different.

Hilbert should just take it in his stride.
    People will correct, and they are only trying to be helpful.

On-Topic : Glad I didn't jump the gun and go for an AM4 CPU. This is going to be an exciting year for AMD CPU's and GPU's :)

10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I make miss steaks all the time....and I have a Spell checker?

11. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Its very good news to see these counts going up. That means the waffers are getting good yields. Which is very good news for us. I can't wait see what else they have up their sleeves.

12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Their wafers really yield only four cores which means that they can scale up indefinitely with better profitability for each step. It's kind of ingenious actually.