AMD Catalyst 15.15 (Official Radeon 300 Launch Driver)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Those of you that are facing trouble downloading from Mega, try installing Jdownloader. It's great for downloading files from different hosting sites.

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    If the "trouble" is the ISPs "protecting us" DNS blocking the user to access to any Mega IP address Jdownloader will not be able to download the files.

VPN addons for browsers or Tor Browser (based on Firefox) can help in this specific case.

3. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    VR is going to be a very short-lived fad that will make a few lucky people very rich, very quickly, and will fall by the wayside faster than stereoscopic 3d did. (Microsoft is spending < 5% of what Zuckerberg has spent of his stockholder's money thus far.) AMD shouldn't count on VR for anything--way too many caveats against general, widespread adoption. VR is nobody's panacea...it can become a financial quagmire otoh if people in high corporate places get carried away with it. Besides, "VR" requires *traditional* rasterized 3d-acceleration technology anyway--so just concentrate on that and the rest of it will fall in line (if VR ever does fall in line, that is.)

The funny thing is that when I read on nVidia forum's it's the opposite: according to them, AMD is doing everything better...;) I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the street, eh?...;)

AMD really needs a fire ignited under its rear-end in the gpu driver department, though. What a shame to go from undisputed industry leader to also-ran in that department simply because you got tired of monthly WHQL driver releases....AMD just gave that distinct marketing advantage away...I guess AMD grew weary of being #1...

4. bd712

bd712 Guest

GPU:
    290x
    Can I install this modified driver on a 290x without flashing the 390x bios?

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Modified means yes you can.

6. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Has anyone managed to get the vanilla 15.15 driver working on a R7870 OC 2gb gddr5 card (the now R370 rebrand) ?

Installing vanilla version got me the new CCC but everything else was missing...

The mod version got me CCC, Install manager, gpu & video transcoding, but Audio was missing :3eyes:

The Mod version also got CTD after several minutes of Witcher 3 :(

Some slight hitching was evident in GTAV (all games run AAA with 15.5) meaning 15.15 mod was a big disappointment :bang:

@AMD !!! Sort it out or you'll be getting a visit, Capiche??? :biggun: :chainsaw2:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  7. bd712

bd712 Guest

GPU:
    290x
    Forgot I had to disable digitally signed driver protection. Got it working.

8. b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gaming XXX 1070
    Im no Win 10 x64 Pro and didn't have to disable any driver enforcement or enter safe mode to install the 15.15 drivers for my 280x.

Just download asder's package and run the setup.ex as an ADMIN. First install i didn't do this and it didn't install properly.

To be honest i really hope AMD bring new features that are useful to the game. Adaptive vsync, Pre-render frames and working vsync would be really great. No need to rely on Radeon Pro anymore and these features would provably solve a few issues here and there too.

9. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    windows 10 not been able to install R9 380

Hi I have an Sapphire NITRO R9 380 4G D5 video card.

I can install perfectly under windows 8.1 without no problems !

But on windows 10 when I use the driver for it the installer finish but my display driver is not installed

I have tried almost every installer out here and still no succes !

I hope somebody can help me with this one :)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  10. SabotageX

SabotageX Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090Ti
    These drivers are not for Windows 10. AMD will release a new driver the 15.20 which will support Windows 10 officially.

If you're talking about Asder's modded drivers, then you have activate Test mode in command prompt.

11. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Yeah tried Asder's modded drivers in test mode but that did not solve it !

I want to use my card now but I have to wait for official release ore an other modded driver I guess !

12. R4zen

R4zen Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    If someone have problem to install this drivers on R9 2xx/HD7xxx here is guide for You:
    First you have to active Test mode in your system. Run Command prompt with administration privileges and write command:
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON and confirm [Enter]
    Then install Display Driver Uninstaller:
    ~.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ddudownload.htm (instead of "~" write "www", it's my firs post thats why I can't add links :bang:)
    and allow it to start in safe mode, after restart click on the "Clean & Restart" option.
    Now you can install modified by asder00 AMD Catalyst 15.15 (Official Radeon 300 Launch Driver) from MEGA:
    [FONT=Arial Narrow"]~.mega.co.nz/#!Rt0wmZQC!o9tHK5igB0RyeE8CO_iAGMYi1ZcJmS6tEjdIxrvndsc[/FONT]
    or Mediafire:
    ~.mediafire.com/download/4nd4527i9jl7ci5/AMD_Catalyst_15.150.0.0_June11-asder00.exe
    After installation and restart you can disable test mode by command:
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

13. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    I have checked the inf files in The asder00 modded installer and my vender id is present tonga 1002-6939 so I don't get why it is not installing the display driver :(

I'm on windows 10 10130 btw

14. afaque

afaque Member Guru

GPU:
    x1300/g210/hd5750/r9280x
  15. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Those witcher results look promising, and keep in mind that these drivers donĀ“t even have low overhead from 15.200 driver series :)

Things are starting to look good :)

16. Ungeheuer97

Ungeheuer97 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Thanks for the link man! Just tried out the DLL's with the in-game High preset enabled, which includes Hairworks (Geralt only), and I was getting exactly 30 FPS out in the open with the occasional drops to 28 FPS. And the game was running at around 22-23 FPS with the same preset before pasting these DLL's in the installation directory.

17. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Is the reduced overhead even correlating to any perf improvs in games? (GTAV and Witcher 3)

18. afaque

afaque Member Guru

GPU:
    x1300/g210/hd5750/r9280x
    yes the results are too good, this shows that amd is improving performance of tesselation on its gpus bcz of that gameworks **** xD now our gpus are getting upgrades lol

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    If i remember correclty an improvement of 40% in DX11 API Overhead calls is roughly translated in 10% FPS improvements as we saw in the API Overhead thread tests.

20. Hoppel2007

Hoppel2007 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950 Crossfire