AMD Catalyst 12.7 (8.981.2.0 June 26) AMD Official BETA

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    You mean a fix from Asus, as its a motherboard problem. :p

2. raysin

raysin Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 to 290X
    Actually I do have a problem recently. Don't know if it's driver related.

Main monitor is my ASUS 23" that's connected via HDMI
    My 2nd Monitor is connected via VGA through a DVI converter

This has happened twice but when I click on a youtube video, my main monitor goes black and then gets flashy lines on it. I cant do anything about it until I restart my computer.

3. jomama22

jomama22 Member

GPU:
    3x 7970 Lightning
    If anyone is having problems with afterburner I suggest using 2.2.1 as this seems to be the most stable for 7970s right now. The HDMI issue has been here for a hot minute though.

4. Erizo

Erizo Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3 GB
    How can it be ASUS related when it happens to me as well on a Gigabyte board

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Try updating Flash.

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Then you need a fix from Gigabyte, AMD have already said its a motherboard problem (as have others in this thread), they've done something in their drivers that renders lots of motherboards incompatible now, you need a BIOS update, my board was rendered incompatible by their change (had a 7970 since their release in January without issues, 6+ months, but after their driver change, i was getting black screens, stripy screens, 100% fan), so i had to go Nvidia, as Biostar havn't released a new BIOS for my board to get compatability back, the last one they released was over 2 years ago, and was only so i could use Gulftown CPU's. :(

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  7. defcoms

defcoms Guest

GPU:
    MSI-7970ghz Bios Trifire
    Where did AMD say that?

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    In their release notes apparently, someone mentioned it further back in the thread.

EDIT: here it is :-

Motherboard BIOS update is needed, some have already had an update (AsRock have just released a new BIOS for their boards i think, which improves VGA Compatability), but its not a guaranteed fix, as someone has already updated their BIOS with the new one, and is still having the same issue.

Yup AsRock :-

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  9. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Why are the new drivers incompatible with older BIOS versions? :confused:

Really sad if that really is the case, not every motherboard will get a BIOS update(my haven't yet)

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I don't know, im just wondering if its got something to do with the Ghz Editions, as they are supposedly different voltages, timings etc..., so the newer drivers for those (12.7 and on), could be affecting the non Ghz ones as well, as i can't see how they can say its a motherboard BIOS problem, if the black screens, 100% fans etc... have only started with the 12.7's, as if they were not compatible with these boards, then they wouldn't have worked from day 1, not stopped working 6+ months down the line, and only stopped working on the 12.7s, it just doesn't make sense to me, as if its the 12.7's that are the only drivers giving these problems, then that makes it a problem with those drivers imo, not your motherboard as AMD say, as if you go back to a previous set of drivers, you get no problems at all.:confused:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    There a are a coupl idfferent issues.

1. on-board vga bios incompatablilties.

2. PCIe power saving states.

make sure power on by pci/pcie is enabled on the bios, and you can try to increase your VCCIO a smidge to see if that helps for number 2.

12. bc_tileguy

bc_tileguy Guest

GPU:
    xfx 7970 crossfire
    there not all incompatible !! i'm using a (almost) 2 year old bios on my rampage 2 extreme (socket 1366) , and the newest 12.7 drivers kick ass for me :) not one single issue

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No they're not all incompatible, mine is now though, so had to switch to Nvidia.

14. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    With the 12.6 whql i think i had a similiar problem. One time when loading up with SC2 the screen froze with vertical grey stripes and another time when BF3 was loading it did it. It wasn't all the time but i figured it was because of the new 2d voltage not upping.

15. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    if it's in game most of time it's a too high clocked video ram.

16. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    well i am going to try the 12.7 betas again and going to drop my memory from 1625 to 1575 to see if that helps but if i get another grey stripe crash going back to 12.4 again.

17. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Just check if you get them in idle or In-Game. In-Game greyscreens are common when you clocked your video-ram to far. I know that issue myself when i overclock to far.

If you get it in idle it could be the same issue a lot of people having with the drivers AFTER 12.4..

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  18. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    well i was running my memory at 1625 since june 18 and no problems until july 9 on the new 12.6 and last night.

19. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    well the beta just crashed on me back to the 12.4. had SC2 alt tabbed clicked it and crashed. no new bios either for my mb one on 5/22 but it doesn't say updated vga compability.

20. DavidGX

DavidGX Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Fury X
    12.6 and 12.7 both give me the crash and max GPU fan bull****. ASUS Z77 MB, dual 7970s. I swear these will be the last AMD cards I ever buy. Sick of this beyond my ability to describe.