AMD Catalyst 12.6 (8.980.0 June 11) AMD Official WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Same issue here. Had a Powercolor first which had this Issue so i replaced it for a Sapphire - same issue. Must be driver related. Report it to AMD.

www.amd.com/report

This needs to be fixed, there are a lot people with this issue in other forums too.

2. iCeMan_26

iCeMan_26 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1115/1250
    12.6whql unstable when overclocking hd7850

i haven't reverted back to 12.4 yet, doing some testing bout the driver related errors, seems to me that these drivers are unstable when overclocked, just realized that when it's on the stock settings it is stable but then when i overclock to 1050mhz poof! white screen then no video signal had to manually shutdown. so i reverted back to stock settings, so far.... still stable but i think i'll just revert back to 12.4 for good coz i want that overclock settings^^

3. C-Tri-X

C-Tri-X Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5850 Xtreme
    Mine got BSOD when I upgraded to 12.6
    Reverted to 12.4 and everything is a OK...

Yes, I already cleaned the leftover before upgrading to 12.6
    Already tried it twice with the same result...
    Driver crashed after a while when playing game...
    Heck, it even BSOD once...

FYI, I tried it with Max Payne 3...

So I guess the driver is faulty then...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  4. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Anyone getting flickering in Eyefinity?

I got some serious crazy flickering like one of the monitors was out of sync or something with these drivers (same for 12.7B). Interesting that trying to record video footage in either fraps or Afterburner fixes the flickers while its copying frames into an AVI file. Must set the sync back at the cost of frames per second. Working with sean iu at AMD to resolve these problems. Hopefully they will have a better idea!

5. sebhitman

sebhitman Guest

GPU:
    6520g
    no support for 6520g???

so i should used Hotfix 12.4b??? only?

6. Frozen82

Frozen82 Guest

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5870
    Driver has stopped working and has recovered or BSOD while playing Dragon Age 2.Never before with catalyst,i was lucky.
    Upon restarting scaling is ****ed up,it needs time to stretch desktop without black edges,like couple of minutes.Never happened before 12.6
    Done clean install-uninstall drivers,boot in safe mode,deleted what's left with Driver Fusion,install 12.6.
    Still sucks.

7. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    well went back to 12.4 got 3 crashes in the past week i think cause the 2d voltages weren't upping. I think some other people have reported this with these and the 12.7 betas

8. mdcobra

mdcobra Guest

GPU:
    Club3d 7970
    How did this driver get trough QA?

9. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    If you have a reference hd 7970, and you are COMPLETELY sure it can handle 1050/1500 clocks, you can flash the ghz version bios with the unofficial AMD cross flasher (linked in the other driver thread) and that should cure all of the 2D crashes completely. You should have the dual bios switch, and the old bios backed up just in case (atiflash on techpowerup should work to restore any failed flashes)

10. bikemanAMD

bikemanAMD Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6530D
    Is the Next Catalyst Release gonna Fix Secondlife Game Issues?

With 12.6 reports of people crashing in Windows 7 64bit with AMD Radeon 5000 Series, 6000 Series, No Repots of 7000 Series Crashes or Windows 8 64bit crashes

Stable driver 12.4 works fine
    12.6 Crashed alot, Driver not responding
    12.7 beta the same--

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    wow, people still use that?

12. bikemanAMD

bikemanAMD Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6530D
    Yes Millions of People still use Second Life 3D Game around the Country and Overseas--i just hope the next driver release is stable, and works well with That Game and all my games

13. J.B.west

J.B.west Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GTX 660ti
    Im having a problem with any driver newer than 12.4

when I reboot the drivers will underscan my 27" monitor by 15% and I have to go in manually to the AMD properties and go under "My digital flat panel" and then go to "scaling options" and having to click on the slider to get it to go back to 0%

[​IMG]

The weird thing is that the slider (after reboot) is set to 0%, but all I need to do is click on the slider and my screen goes "full screen"

So basically after any reboot I have black bars on the top, bottom, left, and right of my screen making my view able area smaller

I hope that makes sense!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  14. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Its a known bug, its in all releases after 12.4. I think I read the new 12.X 19 July it is fixed in them. You could try installing them ones?

15. J.B.west

J.B.west Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GTX 660ti

I installed the 12.6 offcial...do I need to wait for newer drivers?