AMD Alledgedly Cuts Down Ryzen 7000 productions due to lacking demand

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 17, 2022.

1. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    What's up Maulkin,

10900k, 3090 and 64gb DDR4 3600. I'm seeing this in Spider-Man, Days Gone and Guardians of the Galaxy. Mainly Spider-Man.

Cyberpunk and Forza are playing beautifully though.

2. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Hey there @tty8k,

My CPU states 5.5 to over 5.8 according to NZXT. Rivatuner is not showing the speed of my CPU. I probably missed a setting. My card overclocks itself to over 5.7-5.8 without me overclocking it. I have the Asus Tuf OC.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  3. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I'm using Windows 10. I will try your suggestion and thanks!

The 7600x beat or match the 12900k in gaming? Whoa!

I will definitely admit I have alot to learn with the AM5 platform. It's just shocking to see Spidey walking around Times Square at high 50s to low 60s fps on this system. Same settings on an Intel Alder lake is hitting 90 to 100+ framerate.

4. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Hi @Ryu5uzaku

From what I'm seeing it may be the Nvidia endorsed titles. Playstation to PC games. I want to be accurate with my findings and not support any conspiracies.

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    This is not normal at all, update us what happens after you disable on CCD.

Regardless, there might be some issues with Windows 10 scheduler and Zen 4.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Good to know - I may look into that.
    My DDR4 was from 2016 and at least on my current build, it gets stability issues from just a 66MHz overclock, so I will not be using it lol. By the time the 13400 comes out, DDR5 prices ought to be pretty good.

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Could be it has something to do with that yeah. Not a conspiracy as such most likely. But some quirk or even compiler thing.

Also vs 10900K it should be a clear difference in almost everything

8. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    Yeah CPU heavy scenarios will depend on latency to a large degree, its pretty high on r7000 while on 10th gen it is reasonably low.cyberpunk loves ddr5 bandwidth,but most games are still more dependent on latency. I can honestly tell you that you could have put some high bin od Samsung bdies on that 10900 platform,something that would do 4400 c17, and it would do magnificently against any r5000/7000 CPU,meaning get pretty close to it.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  9. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    Probably hynix SPD,I couldnt even get 100mhz OC out of my 3733 c17 hynix kit either so I sent them back and got bdies that do 4133 c16 with just 1.45v

10. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I looked at your specs. Your RAM is running at 6400 MHZ? Its not 1:1 with the IF. Set it to 6000, 1:1 IF and LOWER your latency as much as possible. THEN rerun those games and compare.

11. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Im sure i read or heard that having 1:1 wasnt important with AM5, to be honest my AM4 rig isnt running 1:1 but ive got pretty toight timings and my rig posts speeds up their with other similar hardware.

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    If that's any indication, you can check 3dmark hall of fame for GPU only benchmarks, those have light CPU workload (like most games which aren't open-world actually) Speed Way, Port Royal... There's barely any 7000 serie AMD cpu in top 100, mostly dominated by 12900K.

As mentionned before in this thread, releasing without 3DCache on all CPUs made them dead on arrival. No one rebuild a computer from scratch for 15-20% performance uplift compared to previous gen, and lower or equal performance compared to Intel which (can't believe i write this) might even be more affordable. Also would have been smart to have cross compatibility DDR4-DDR5...!

13. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    here :
    5950x + asus x570 dark hero = 573 + 437 = 1010 and you can use DDR4 which works
    7950x + asus x670 = 763 + 728 = 1491 and you need ddr5 which never worked properly on z690
    the un-necessary 95°C fiasco doesn't help

14. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I think the 7000 series is for mainstream and the X3D will be targeted at gamers more since we already know it's coming. I doubt there will be two X3D chips, just a 7800X3D 8 core 16 thread and it'll be much better at gaming while being slower than 7700/7900/7950 in multi-threaded apps. Maybe not the 7700 but the others defo.

Their gonna charge an arm and a leg for it but gamers will want it. Problem is switching over too AM5 costs way too much right now but i think worth it for the real gaming chip. Think about it AMD will release a X3D for gaming mainly so what does that mean for the other chips? not really targeted towards gamers like the x3d will be.

If you're a gaming addict like me then of course you're gonna want the best gaming chip you can get, whether you can afford it or not is another thing. I just hope if that's the case that AM5 lasts for a very long time and not like 2 years.

Valken and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  15. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Hey dudes. I just got home from work. I'm about to try all the different suggestions. I have the day off tomorrow. I'm going to give myself some time to troubleshoot. If I don't see much of a difference, I'll probably be on the road to Microcenter :(.

I truly don't feel like removing the Kracken, Mobo and SSD's. Major pain! :(

16. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    XenthorX man. You're one of the coolest dudes in the forums. Always informative and I've watched a ton of your vids. I'm amazed how you and @Dragam1337 broke over 10,500 in Speedway.

In my BIOS I enabled DOCP and PBO. I overclocked my Asus Tuf OC to 3040mhz. My highest score with Speedway is 9,588. I don't get it. I know you guys are pros with undervolting to get cooler temps and all but maaaaaaan! Only 9,588???

Ok I'm going to quit whining and start troubleshooting. Hopefully some of the suggestions work. What's scary is that some of my games are screaming with framerates and visuals. The others? Performance is lacking.

Valken and XenthorX like this.
  17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I wish you all the best luck tbh.

Maddness and TheDigitalJedi like this.
  18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I did spend countless hours tweaking my 5900X and overclocking it using the "HYDRA" tool for the past two years, my ram is also tuned to the best it can do in latency.
    360mm AIO also helps.
    There's a fair bit of steps to take into account to reach those high scores and GPU tweaking really is the last.

I would focus on CPU tweaking, managing PBO in BIOS isn't great because you have to restart all the time, you can't iterate fast. I would suggest trying Ryzen Master, or HYDRA to optimize the PBO' offsets.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  19. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    I've just put a 5800X3D in so no CPU teerking for me so I'm working on my RAM, I've found 1T and tighter timings are better in benches than RAM speed to be honest as my 570x Taichi can be pretty inaccurate with the voltages it applies on auto. I'm not into benching nowadays as its not like the days of C2D where you could get insane clocks.

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Port royal seem to have a higher dependency on CPU than SpeedWay, been kicked out of Port Royal leaderboard for a couple days, but still around 20 on Speed Way

speedw.jpg