About GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H and SSD for caching

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by SashaX, Aug 16, 2012.

1. SashaX

SashaX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX TITAN @ 1150 MHz
    Hi ^^

I have the GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H mobo, and I just ordered a CORSAIR Accelerator Series 60Gb Cache to use it as cache.

I have many doubts...
    First is:
    Can I fit that CORSAIR Accelerator Series 60Gb Cache without the case, in the mSATA bay in the motherboard?

The mSATA port of the GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H is limited to SATA 2, and the limits of size are 64 GB, so in that way i think there are no problems.

So the main doubts are:
    -Can I use the CORSAIR Accelerator Series 60Gb Cache without the case, directly in the mSATA port?
    -I have the option to return it. Should I return it and get a better sata III of 64 GB and use it as cache installed as the regular HDD's instead of the mSATA port?

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    There not compatible, you need a M-Sata Card to put it inside of the M-Sata slot on the motherboard. Taking apart a SSD drive to do it will not work. It be wasting your time as there not the same connection. Newegg Sells M-Sata for difference prices, if your gonna do caching with the slot. You have to use one of those.

The SSD's that are cache drives are meant to be plugged into a normal Sata 2/3 port and use whatever software they sent with the drive to set it up as a caching drive.