7800gtx to quadro

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by marcwe, Jul 24, 2005.

1. marcwe

marcwe New Member

GPU:
    msi 7800gtx 256mg
    Hi everyone.
    I've just bought an msi 7800 gtx tu use with maya 6.5.
    I've read and read the forum, but i can't find any reference to softquadro my 7800gtx.
    could you give some explanation...do i have to use the flash bios utilie?
    At this moment, i've used the reference from the tread
    " GeForce 4/FX -> Quadro 4/FX : The complete how-to"

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95150&perpage=25&highlight=&pagenumber=1
    When installing the patched driver, i choose quadro 4500, trying after quadro 4000, and it doesn't looks like pro capabilities is enable, but in device manager, i've quadro 4500.
    I've run a scene, and playing it in viewport, it run at 8fps instead of 16 with the original 77.72 driver.
    what I does is
    a* patching the nv4_mini.sys with antiprotection
    1* patching unzipped driver (antiprotection than softquadro)
    2* install driver with the last riva tunner
    3* in riva tunner choosed identification to quadro and enabe "use rom..."
    4* reboot
    5* cancel auto instalation
    6* manual intall choosing quadro 4500
    7* reboot
    all seem ok, but no pro capabilities....please help.

2. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    You can't softmod the 7800 cards.
    If you need Quadro caps badly, sell the 7800 and get a Quadro FX 1400.

3. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
    Hi marcwe

Can you post the graphics subsystem diagnostic report including a registers dump plz?

4. marcwe

marcwe New Member

GPU:
    msi 7800gtx 256mg
    wat is "the graphics subsystem diagnostic report including a registers dump" ?
    Isn't possible to turn the 7800gtx to a quadro with the bios modifier ?
    Is there any upcoming softquadro compatible with 7800 gtx ?
    If I did understand write, in the forum, at the begining everybody told no softquadro for 6800, but at the end, it was....or i didn't understood nothing...

5. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
    I guess the bios flash will not help . 7800GTX is unmoddable , just like as NV41/42 .

6. AION

AION Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D HD3850 OC
    Hey, did you enable professional cabapilities in nVstrap driver. That is a way how I modded my 6800LE, to Quadro FX4000, and also I gained chance to enable realwiev in SolidWorks.

7. Lord Banshee

Lord Banshee Master Guru

GPU:
    X1950XT 512 @ FireGL 7350
    Right now no QuadroFX mod for 7800 series.

Hopefully someone lie Rui or unwinder can figure it out but untill then the 6800 series is the real quadro modding that works great.

8. daskog

daskog Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 9600Xt @Firegl
  9. White

White Member

GPU:
    Power Color X800XL DUAL DVI VIVO
    Hi everyone! Right now i'am thinking about 2 cards:
    1 - Gigabyte GeForce 6800 Ultra. I found some information about hardware mod to Quadro FX. So, i can do this and i know ,that it is possible.
    2 - MSI GeForce 7800GTX. I don't know how to mod this card to QuadroFX. Few days ago i talked to Unwinder and he sad, that it's impossible to SoftMod 7800... So, can you tell me about hardwaremod of this card? If it's impossible, i want to by 6800 Ultra... I need your help as soon as possible! Thanks!

10. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
    As far as I know , there is no information about hardwaremod of 7800 series in this moment . Maybe it never will .

11. White

White Member

GPU:
    Power Color X800XL DUAL DVI VIVO
    But the PCB design is the same, maybe some modification will help? I think difference between QFX and GF in few reesistors onboard.

Where i can watch some large QFX 4500 photos?

12. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

The difference is in bonding options. You won't see them unless you're able to remove GPU

13. DaSeitz

DaSeitz Member

If I would remove the GPU carefully, would it be possible to hardmod the GTX 512 then?

-----
    Greetings from Germany

14. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Not very likely, since nobody has been successful in doing that in order to experiment with it - the GPU is a surface mounted chip, and trying to remove it will usually destroy it.

15. DaSeitz

DaSeitz Member

But if I would be able to remove it without destroying it, could I build a Quadro out of the GTX 512 then? Or are the structures that have to be modified to small?

-----
    Greetings from Germany

16. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    rather send me that gtx 512 adn i send you a firegl v7100 and you wont destroy a 700$ priced card!

17. DaSeitz

DaSeitz Member

After destroying a few of them I think I'll know how to remove the GPU without destroying it. Currently I am testing the procedure with older Gforce cards. I'll order some custom made tools (pliers...) and then start modding the GTX cards.
    If I should succeed and one of 2 cards becomes a Quadro, I'll start modding dozens of them.

18. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    i wish you luck o_O

19. SolidModel

SolidModel Member

GPU:
    GeForce 6800 Ultra @ QuadroFX 4400
  20. HoPe

HoPe New Member

GPU:
    Club3D/7800GT/256MB
    Quite interesting... As I tested now my Asus EN6800 in 3ds Max with and without softmod. I tried using direct3D and it is extremly fast. In 3ds max 8 is Direct3D is very much faster without any softmod, than in openGL. Direct3D seems to be even faster or at least just as fast as in softquadro with nvidia Maxtreme driver.

So if you are a 3ds max user, and bought a 7800GT or GTX, just switch to direct3d, and you don't need quadro anymore...

Yes, I know, there are other quadro features, like fog, or line antialaiasing, but I think the most important thing is the speed.

I'm also professional and now I'm quite surprised on these results. I sold my 7800GT because I didn't wanted to miss the quadro features. Now I think it was a mistake... :(