436.02 Win10 X64 WHQL SLIM

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Exostenza, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Limited Edition Mott's SLIM Driver Available Now:

nVidia took the driver down because there was a bug that made it so you had to install GFE which a lot of people (including me) do not like to do. So, I pulled the driver and made a SLIM version of it for everyone. This means it has absolutely no telemetry, GFE, or any other crap - just the driver, hd audio, and the latest physx. I also compressed it to a more manageable size using 7-zip ultra compression as previously requested when I have made other drivers.

Enjoy your download here.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Thank you. I was just going to ask, why the hell i still need to install GFE if i had choosen not to install it at the 1st setup step.

3. max2

max2 Member Guru

Thanks!

4. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    It is a bug. Makes it force GFE. I took all that out so you don't have to worry about it.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Uhm yeah, you already stated that in the OP. :D

6. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Wow. Thanks a lot for this. I will try this maybe later.

7. yobooh

yobooh Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Sorry for the question: What is the difference between this "Slim drivers" and "Clean Version" on the forum?

Dyabzhee likes this.
  8. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    They are essentially the same. I just saw that cryohellinc had not gotten to it yet and a while ago he PM'd me and said he might not be able to make all the drivers on time so if I wanted to pick up the slack to help him out when that happens he would appreciate it. I figured he was busy and I had some extra time on my hands which is why I made a SLIM version of this driver. I just call it SLIM and he calls it CLEAN... cryohellinc provides more comprehensive options and explanations in his thread, so it is advisable to get it from him when he has them out and if he lags behind you'll see a general Windows 10 x64 version from me until he can make his drivers.

tl;dr they are the same just with different names and I put it out in case he was too busy to get this driver to people who rely on the smaller download and/or modding done for them.

cryohellinc likes this.