360 Vs. PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ryman03, Nov 12, 2005.

?

Which system do you prefer in terms of graphics and gameplay?

1. CPU

81.9%
  2. 360

6.9%
  3. I still play Atari!

1.7%
  4. I don't care, and in this case I shouldn't be voting.

9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    Why do these threads keep popping up. Without a damn pc, you wouldn't be able to start these stupid threads :p.

2. TomCatV

TomCatV Maha Guru

GPU:
    Ti4200 "My-Fast"
    Well I think you have another candidate for the "Classic Quote" library!!! Guess they all ran off to get a "BIG Mac" ? :)

3. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    :thumbup: :rock: :thumbup: :rock: :giggle2: :mhp: :evil2: :rock:

4. {LSK} Otacon

{LSK} Otacon Guest

Not exactly........pc's have their limits also, but they are way higher. Like mine, if i wanted to upgrade my video to a new card, i would need to replace my motherboard also. Therefore, pretty much buying a new pc.

5. Red~Mage

Red~Mage Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X800XL
    Yes, it is getting smaller.
    There is no denying it.

Consoles are for younger people?
    Please, why do PC gamers think they are so sophisticated?

PC games have been dwindled to almost be exclusive to FPS and assorted online games. Having a wide variety of shooters does not make a platform complex, or more mature. Especially when they play almost identical to each other. So much for the keyboard opening up all sorts of possibilities (which it would, if developers would implement new ways of gameplay).

I honestly wish I could play every type of game I wanted to on PC like I could in the old days. But that just isn't possible these days. RPGs releases are down, action oriented games (non-FPS) are down. Fighting games are non-existant. Just to name a few.

6. Ryman03

Ryman03 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX260 OC
    I don't see how you can say that you think this can be related to a bad thread. I'm comparing both the CPU and XBOX360 based on graphics, which is what this site is all about. So that comment you made is pretty ignorant.

Second off, I heard someone saying "Oh you can play COD2 perfectly for 300-400$ by getting an XBOX360." Remember, there is a thing called a T.V. you need in order to run the XBOX360 in all of its glory, and this isn't just a regular old T.V., This is called an HDTV, which can cost you a pretty penny, so waive the statement of 300-400 dollars.

7. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Not at all. It's just because this kind of thing has been brought up more times than I care to remember and it always turns out the same. Don't take it personally :D.

Quoted for emphasis. I'm done here.

8. flexmaster

flexmaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire X1800XT 512mb/ 6800 GO
    Yeah thats totally true. I would still get a PC, my cousin build a PC recently for $800 with a AMD 64 3500+ and a 7800GT and it runs any game at max settings, I would choose that anyday over a 360. Although HDTV's are getting pretty cheap a 27 inch can be bought for less than $400 these days and most people I know have them allready, but still building a PC for $800 IMO is much better.

9. Ryman03

Ryman03 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX260 OC
    Yes, you are exactly right. Look at my specs on the right. I bought all of this with my monitor for about $800, just like you said. If you buy the 360 and a good HDTV, it is going to cost you about the same price. In my opinion, I would rather have a computer which can do a lot more for the same price.

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    ok..... just cause of the fact that i don't feel like quoting it.... i'm just gonna say it. to the person that said that you have to upgrade a PC at least twice a year to keep up with game's graphical performance, while a console will play any game that comes out on it with no need for an upgrade..... how did you come up with that? i've had my 6800GT AGP for almost a year now (got it shortly after christmas last year), and just about everything else i have besides the sound card i got at least a year before that. i can play Call of Duty 2 with the settings pretty high, looks pretty damn good, and at a nice FPS. not sure exactly WHAT the fps is, but it's not low enough to make gameplay choppy. plays pretty smooth for semi-outdated hardware. so...... do you want to revise what you said?

and i also played the CoD2 demo on Xbox 360....... i think my computer can play it with it looking just about as nice. i say just about because i'm not 100% sure yet cause i'm not at the point where the demo plays.... so i can't really compare it that easy. my friend says the explosions look better on the Xbox 360... but the only explosions that have taken place since i've been playing so far were enclosed in a building. won't be able to compare THAT till i get to where the demo was.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2005

11. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    I´m saiyng that in order to continue to be an high end system you do need to update. Your 6800GT in one year is already updated by an 6800ULTRA and the geforce 7.
    People say"computers will always be faster". True. If you have the money to make it faster.Spend 1000E on a new computer now and play COD2 at max detail. Next year Halo 3 will run faster and more beatiful on a 360. If you want to play it at max...upgrade.
    An you must understand that hardcore gamers are the minority. And the majority wants cheap consoles, easy to play.
    Like i´m saiyng the future of pc is a return to the past. High end systems in the hand of a few peoples. And for how long do you think developers will create games for a minority?

12. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    That's why you have different detail setting........so most people can run these games...Hey! It is no longer a minority! Krijg nou tiete! :D

13. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850

Yes but then they wouldn´t be plaiyng it better then the 360 would they?:))

14. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    Oh man. I just got my new LCD screen delivered today and COD2 looks sweeter than ever. Nothing to do with this thread but I dunno where to put this :D.

15. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    No, but do you have to? The PC is already there, to play the same game a little better you have to buy a 360 and a hdtv! That's 400 (if you don't want the hdtv) Euro's extra! That's what I mean, almost every household has a decent pc (especially if there are kids around) and only some will buy a console on top of that. There are about 150.000 Playstation2 consoles and 80.000 xboxes here in the Netherlands and there are about 6,9 million households and nearly all of them have one or more PC's at home; what's the bigger market?

16. TomCatV

TomCatV Maha Guru

GPU:
    Ti4200 "My-Fast"
    Well Ya know what they say? ... "Only boring people get bored!" ... so I guess I'm really "bored" today ... but please I'm convinced, I'm running down to Best-Buy and picking up my Xbox360 today! ... and dropping the PC @ the "Salvation Army" ... trippin out the door as I type, I'm still wondering can my X360 do this??? (see below) ... or mod COD2???

Quote:Supatitanman ...

hey guys, i made an AWSOME map! it takes place in a park, youll have tons of fun with a couple of your freinds lol. I finished playing it for hours with some of my mates, everyone had a blast. So its a small map and its simple. So no confusing d3 or something lol. Enjoy!!

links:

http://www.houstonxtreme.com/phpBB2...&file_id=25

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.ph...a388de79ec9ff89

http://www.upload2.net/download2/q6...pwnage.zip.html

Enough already we're all convinced Xbox rules as I choke down another "Big-Mac"!:)

OH ... and if your looking for the highest quality COD3 experience ... try signing up!

USMC
    Consider elite military service. Earn the right to be called Marine.
    www.marines.com

17. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850

Only at the best 10% of these computers can play cod2 at the level of a 360.
    You are right the pc is there. But if you want to play Halo3? Does the current pc do?

18. Red~Mage

Red~Mage Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X800XL
    You beat me to it. =)

This is true, sure... Almost every house hold has a computer these days (I have 3...), but I would say 90% of these are NOT used for any type of high end gaming.

Why do you think the console market is so huge? It's because their is a huge demand for it.

Why do you think the PC gaming market is so limited these days? It's because demand is not as high.

19. BlueDragonXP

BlueDragonXP Guest

i'l take a next gen console any day! :D :D :D :D

I only like my PC for RTS and FPS games.

20. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    If you want to play EVERY game, you'd have to buy every console available, the playstation3 wil cost the same as a mid-end pc when it comes out +xbox360+PC+Revolution+all those games, that would make it quite expensive don't you think? ;) Most people don't want to play only the newest games, like us computerfreaks, and that's the largest market.

And 10% of 6,9 million is still 690.000 top-end pc's, which is a larger market than the consoles (in the Netherlands that is)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.