MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    The uploaded zip file does not appear to be a zip file:

upload_2021-3-3_18-20-22.png

It's actually a RAR file.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Hilbert must have been sleepy,

MSIAB uploads are almost always Rar files.

3. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    When using the Overlay Editor the Notification/indicator for Screenshots/Video Recoding is positioned strangely.
    That's not something one can set itself is it?
    Anmerkung 2021-03-04 003901.jpg

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

5. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Ahhh indicator will be shown in Topmost layer regardless name. Thanks a lot.
    But the positioning of that indicator is somewhat strange. Not really a problem though.

Anmerkung 2021-03-04 184316.jpg

Anmerkung 2021-03-04 184421.jpg

6. Unwinder

Nothing is somewhat strange if you understand how OSD works.

7. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Hey Unwinder, can you answer something for me I'm curious about. Why do the folders for Afterburner / RTSS update (as in the folder's "Date modified" times) when you open/minimize the applications? There are no new files being added or removed when doing so and nothing is being written to either as far as I can see... I'm also wondering if there is a way to stop this behavior.

8. Unwinder

There are new files created each time you minimize application to tray and removed each time you restore application from tray. Skin engine is fully swapping bitmap cache to file system to reduce memory consumption to minimum when skinned applications are minimized to tray.

9. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Ah, makes sense. Thanks for the info.

10. Unwinder

All

I've got a report related to compatibility regression with AnyDesk (and possibly other D3D9/D3D9Ex apps) in 7.3.0 and hopefully fixed it. Most likely PotPlayer compatibility issue reported in this thread has the same roots.
    Probably we'll officially release 7.3.1 with this fix soon, for now it is available for forum visitors only:

https://download-eu2.guru3d.com/rtss/[Guru3D.com]-RTSSSetup731Build24470.rar

bigcid1, Tomatone, The1 and 4 others like this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Theres so very little that actually ever used D3D9Ex, accidental regressions are bound to happen, good work on the quick fix though.

toyo likes this.
  12. khz

khz Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    Haven't been able to get scanline sync to work for a while. Is there a list of things I can check that would prevent it from working?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  13. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    If you want help, maybe start by telling us what you're doing, what steps, etc... How is anyone to know what the problem is otherwise. (btw, no problems on my end with it, oh and the new hotkeys for it are AMAZING!)

14. Probotector

Probotector Member

GPU:
    Crossfire 290 @ 1100/1400
    Hi, I have random crashes using SLI GTX 1070 and RetroArch with the last stable release, crashes for example in Rainbow Six Siege, Far Cry 5 (this games use Ubisoft Connect Overlay), and also random crashes in DXVK using Direct3D 9.

I can't use RetroArch with Vulkan API (others APIs like DX11 and OpenGL works OK loading the core / ROMs), when RetroArch try to load any ROM of any Core the frontend closes with any kind of error.

ALL WORKS FINE with 7.3.0 Beta 10, not crashes in SLI, DXVK and retroarch works fine with Vulkan.

------------------------

Edit: I never use GeForce Experience or similar bloatware, only MSI Afterburner.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  15. Unwinder

Use beta 10 if you beleive so, I have no wish to kill the next weekend on useless debates and search for a black cat in a dark room.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Clear injection cache, I have no issue with any of these games.

17. khz

khz Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    Well, I've tried all the obvious troubleshooting steps. Clean install of RTSS(multiple versions of it), tried multiple games that all run exclusive fullscreen and worked before, disabled vsync, reset nvcpl settings (tried max performance power mode and disabled low latency if those matter). This is a new PC, but also a clean install of Win10 and my gpu is the same (gtx 970).

18. Unwinder

And one more time for 1-posters: PLEASE don't use this thread for "how do I configure it" questions.

19. khz

khz Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    My bad, I'll look for a help thread.

20. Unwinder

RetroArch start issue is confirmed, it is incompatible with recently added JustCause3/DXVK compatibility rendering path. Compatibility path is optional and profile based now, so RA startup issue should be adressed by the following build:

https://download-eu2.guru3d.com/rtss/[Guru3D.com]-RTSSSetup731Build24478.zip

No confirmation for the rest issues, there are no such changes between the builds.

The1 likes this.