Afterburner & PotPlayer bug

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by CrazyDron, Mar 4, 2021.

1. CrazyDron

CrazyDron New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080
    Good day.

Searched for "potplayer" in this section, nothing happens, so:
    After upgrading to Beta 5 (this is not exactly, maybe earlier) I found incorrect work with Afterburner & RTSS working in tray and playing video by Daum PotPlayer.

When video is played in PotPlayer window, and manually/automatically switch to next/prev video - image is freezing and corrupts.
    Closing PotPlayer, opening it again - it plays. Switch to another element in playlist - picture freezes.

First I was thinked it is RTSS. Closing it does no effect.
    Closing Afterburner & RTSS - all works fine.
    After upgrading to RTSS final - problem still appears.
    Now I update Afterburner to final release - problem still appears.

P.S. I can record video and put it here, if it is needed.
    Settings of Afterburner is close to factory. No deep remaking. I can also put them here.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Doubt that you checked it correctly and identified the cause properly, it cannot be caused by AB running in background, it doesn’t hook anything in the system. RTSS does. Incompatibility with RTSS hooks or overlay renderer is most likely the reason. Add it to RTSS exceptions list.

CrazyDron likes this.
  3. CrazyDron

CrazyDron New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080
    Thanks for answer.
    Of course, I'm not sure that I identified the cause properly.
    Info:
    PotPlayer's video renderer wasn't changed for a long time. It is "Enhanced Video Renderer".
    Settings was not modified even in a bit.
    When I close RTSS (not Afterburner), OSD disappears, but PotPlayer is buggy.
    I don't know, is RTSS stop working after closing, or only closes its OSD and still running.
    When I close Afterburner, it unloads RTSS, itself and something what i don't know, and problem goes out.

I added exe file of player to profiles and set detection level to None. It works, but I accustom to see OSD in all applications, and video window too.

But, if it possible, I want to now more about that. When I ask my question, I mentioned that, for example, you or someone else use this good player too, and have a bit more information, what happens.
    Earlier there was no incompatibility, and I want to understand, where it is now.

P.S. My words was a little incorrect. When I close RTSS, it relaunches for a few seconds. I hasn't seen that and says "Afteburner without RTSS problems too". That's my fault.

P.P.S. It the theory, I can ask this question at Daum forums too, and I want to do this (I have another questions too), but these forums are half dead, I cannot authorize in there, and there is no answer from support...

4. CrazyDron

CrazyDron New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080
    I cannot edit my previous post. Alex, can you install latest 64-bit PotPlayer and try to see the problem?

5. Unwinder

I won’t be trying to make OSD work in video player, sorry. It is a waste of limited and expensive development time. You have to use RTSS exception profile and disable OSD for it.

CrazyDron likes this.
  6. Unwinder

CrazyDron likes this.
  7. CrazyDron

CrazyDron New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080
    Yeah, it works. Thanks.

Bad is that you wrote me, but don't mind my words: "Earlier there was no incompatibility".

Anyway, I don't blame you for a single gram, because I understand (very little), how hard is your work.

Thanks again.

P.S. Привет земляку. Живу в соседнем с тобой крае. Ты реальный молодец. Пользовался ещё древними версиями RivaTuner, начиная c MX 400.

Unwinder likes this.