Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    The faster TTK, lower ammo and no auto healing are good things imho but I suspect they will all be gone by release (if not shortly afterwards).

They are already talking about adding more ammo and TTK has already been increased.

EA always caves to moaning :rolleyes:

I think they should have casual and hardcore servers (the way they used to), that way everyone is happy.

I loved playing BF3 Hardcore, no pumping half a mag into someone only to have them run behind a wall, heal and kill you.

If that's the type of gameplay you enjoy, more power to you but I don't care for it.

I paid $25.00 for Insurgency Sandstorm and that game is about 1000x better than what I've seen of BFV so far.

Albeit, I prefer a more realistic shooter so I won't fault BFV (or CoD for that matter) for offering a more arcade experience.

Also, what @corrupt^ said is 100% correct, if you want to encourage teamplay, institute the requisite voice system.

Project Reality and subsequently Squad are shining examples of games that support and encourage team play properly.

Solfaur likes this.
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I absolutely agree about the normal / hardcore servers... huge mistake to drop that system.

But their whole "unify the player base" ordeal meant they dropped it, to the great regret of everyone, because now the players who prefer normal mode think it's too tryhard, and the players who prefer hardcore mode think it's too casual.

I've always prefered normal mode, so yeah, i'm not a fan of most the changes they've made.

BangTail likes this.
  3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Hey, the changes wont last mate, because the normal mode is by far the more requested mode and the game is already in financial trouble so it will all be changed.

There is already a ton of complaining about the TTK.

What I'm saying is that it will probably end up being the game you want as opposed to the game I would like.

I'm skipping CoD 4 and BFV this year, I won't say I won't pick them up if they are on sale, but neither franchise is doing anything that I want to support.

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I think the ttk is fine tbh, it was very low in bf3 normal mode aswell, and i liked that too.
    What i don't like is the very limited ammo and no auto heal aswell as the no spotting... makes sniper campers a real pain !

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Sadly, they absolutely refuse to enforce class limits on ranked servers so everyone is a f*cking sniper.

Rising Storm Vietnam handles this beautifully, 1 or 2 snipers per team, not 31 or 32 :rolleyes:

Dragam1337 likes this.
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    You like hardcore mode, i like normal mode, so obviously our ideas of how a battlefield game should be differs quite a bit. Which is why it's beyond stupid that we only get "normal" mode, cause it isn't going to satisfy either audience.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  7. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    Heh, I miss battlelog with proper servers. Normal? Hardcore? Pistol Only? Minimap disabled? Sniper limit? 20 man conquest? Health pool? Ticket numbers? Or more? All that stuff and much more was customizable and there were always a server for everyone needs. Now, that is all dumbed down that we should be happy that we even have a shitty server browser.

And another thing, am I the only one here that is annoyed about how small conquest maps are on beta and that it's all infantry combat? Tanks and other vehicles are nerfed hard. Grenades too, you can't even clear fortifications without throwing at least 2 grenades.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Very interesting that you get the same FPS on a 64 player map in BFV as in BF1. Ultra settings? I will download BF1 again for comparison but last I tried I got a solid 95 fps at 3440x1440 in BF1 but only around 80-85 in BFV. Also glad you didn't get the hiccups that I get, not that they're terrible but it's slightly annoying for sure. I also don't have DX12 enabled in BFV (or BF1 for that matter) since it's apparently bugged and doesn't work.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    That's mapdesign for you.

Mapdesign went downhill after BF3. Take Strike at Karkand, now that's a good map that catered to everything. Tanks having lots of space to manouver in the middle, the sides having appartements with flanking routes for infantry, ...

BF4 had a lot of open maps which made the infrared on vehicles OP as hell, BF V actually has a lot of open spaces with no "useful" cover as well.

The snipers aren't the problem, the mapdesign is, there's no cover to engage in medium/close infantry combat in a tactical way, from a 360° point around you, some sniper always has an angle on you. Even on the Narvik bridge, you're only safe behind the parts with the cloth hanging over and they're the parts that often don't have good cover for the actual bridge fights if you pay close attention.

It can be small things such as adding a few train carts and make it so they fell over towards the non seaside, this way this will give cover for the bridge fights from the rest of the map.

BangTail, Dragam1337 and Solfaur like this.
  10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    BF1 has some horrible maps, huge plains of nothing which is no fun for tanks or infantry and then you make the planes op.

From the maps i've played so far BFV's are better.

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    While I agree that the map design is way too sniper friendly, I would still prefer class limits as 'too many snipers' was a problem with the franchise long before this particular iteration.

Last time I checked, they didn't issue every soldier in WW2 with a sniper rifle.

I remember when BC2 went live there was a hill on one of the maps where there were always ~20 people sniping, it was hilarious (and tragic ;) )

Solfaur and Dragam1337 like this.
  12. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    As said before, its's a beta. And if I compare it with BF3, BF4 and hardline beta, it isn't much different, even better I might add.
    No doubt the big maps will be a different cake, and I do hope tanks wont be so overpowered as in previous games.
    No fun in players tanking the entire round and doing 50:1 or double that kdr.
    And after all, that's what we end up with when tanks stop destroying eachother and go for footsoldiers.

I'm still in doubt, but the game thusfar does pull a bit at me.Lets see the official reviews.

13. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I can't even get the damn game to run. I hit play and it looks like its loading, then it does nothing and goes back to the origin screen.

14. Jake-from-State-Farm

Jake-from-State-Farm Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 1080-FE
    I was an alpha tester for BF5, and now as beta. As a big DICE fan, I just don't like the *feel* of BF5 to this point. I continue to play BF1 a great deal.

15. Jake-from-State-Farm

Jake-from-State-Farm Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 1080-FE
    I was just playing beta BF5 an hour ago...

big ROBOT bill likes this.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    You have to go into compatibility settings, and disable full screen optimizations.

17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well I didn't change the auto graphic settings which were set to "Auto: high fidelity", and the below in detail settings were greyed out but only showed "ultra" at the time. I honestly did not try to set everything manually. I'm only playing 16:9, not widescreen, though. No hickups, no, seems I was "lucky" in that regard. Technically and performance wise the beta was spot on for me.

18. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Is there going to be Crossfire support for this game?

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I launched BF1 on a 64p map and kept a steady 95fps at Ultra (DX11). Then I tried BFV but cannot play in Ultra due to performance problems. Maybe my hiccups are due to using MSI AB? :) I read something about that in the thread concerning the next driver release.

signex likes this.
  20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah I don't even know which version of AB / RTSS I'm currently running tbh... might need to check that. But yeah I don't know, I was surprised when people said it performs worse than BF1 since I could not replicate that. Maybe if I'd have set all things manually it would have shown, thinking about the issue, who knows what the game really sets when you leave it at "auto max"