Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I must be the only one here actually loving this game. :D

signex and big ROBOT bill like this.
  2. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Nagh I love a lot of the changes they have made, mainly because a lot of them are from BF2 aka the best battlefield. People have totally forgot that game had NO hp regen.

I get the issues with "forced teamplay" but I feel if they ever want to go back to how it was in bf2 e.g no people just running and pretended to be rambo then changes needed to happen.

People will learn I'm already seeing more team play than in bf1.

I love that 3d spotting is finally dead

attrition is good but needs a tiny bit of tweaking

low re gen is a good thing smart use of your bandage reminds me of rising storm

The alpha 2 ttk was better imo it was a bit longer but it does feel great back raging on a group and been able to take 3 of them down in 1 mag

Also this build is around 1 month old a lot of bugs are fixed already but I still worry that another month is not enough, The game needs to launch with a lot of content and not be a repeat of the battlefront games.

XenthorX likes this.
  3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Good point!

From my experience a good MP game 'encourages' team play by giving teams of 2+ players more options but otherwise do not restrict all lone wolf players. Players that can't be arsed to run around with team mates have their experiences / reasons not to.

If you feel restricted as a lone wolf and all the normal gameplay options are only available within a team it feels forced. These games are usually avoided by me cause online you just cant trust ppl. Team hits, grenade kills, vehicle crashes, giving away position while you try to stealth - these are just some examples i've witnessed over the years.

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    You clearly see bf2 as the holy grail, but alot of people don't, myself included. Imo bf2 is way too tryhard, and it ranks amongst the lowest on my favourite battlefield games list. I like bf3 alot better with auto healing, and generally alot more friendly to solo players.

5. flow

flow Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 2000Mhz
    Game runs pretty good on my rig.
    Between 70 and 90 fps 1080p high settings, and same at 1440p low settings, although the latter has it sit around 75 fps most of the time.
    Not bad for that old 2600k.
    As for the gameplay, I found camping and sneaking around give much more kills, running towards your goals gets you killed quicker.
    Not impressed by it either, just your average run&gun game with some nice aesthetics.
    We have to see if that all remains though, in the final game, probably some bigger maps will cause more fps drops etc etc.

As for the rest, feels clunky in movement and shooting. Oh, and I do hope there will be more achievements to unlock, as well as weapon unlocks, or else I feel many will quit before 6 months have past.

6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Love the game, a step up compared to bf1 in every regard as far as i'm concerned

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  7. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    I am liking it and think that low ammo and no regen are good things, you have to play more carefully. No spotting is also good. It pays to stick near team mates that can dispense meds and ammo that's for sure

XenthorX likes this.
  8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Imo it's just annoying, means you have to run to the supply all the time as a solo player... it's just tedious, it doesn't bring anything to the gameplay.

Everyone is talking about "team play", but nearly everyone are just playing by themselfs - barely anyone is playing in a clan or the likes of it, so it seems rather retarded to try and force team play between random people, who aren't communicating in any way.

Thankfully it's fairly easy to play as a solo player... just play as medic, where you can self heal all the time...

Solfaur likes this.
  9. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    The faster TTK, lower ammo and no auto healing are good things imho but I suspect they will all be gone by release (if not shortly afterwards).

They are already talking about adding more ammo and TTK has already been increased.

EA always caves to moaning :rolleyes:

I think they should have casual and hardcore servers (the way they used to), that way everyone is happy.

I loved playing BF3 Hardcore, no pumping half a mag into someone only to have them run behind a wall, heal and kill you.

If that's the type of gameplay you enjoy, more power to you but I don't care for it.

I paid $25.00 for Insurgency Sandstorm and that game is about 1000x better than what I've seen of BFV so far.

Albeit, I prefer a more realistic shooter so I won't fault BFV (or CoD for that matter) for offering a more arcade experience.

Also, what @corrupt^ said is 100% correct, if you want to encourage teamplay, institute the requisite voice system.

Project Reality and subsequently Squad are shining examples of games that support and encourage team play properly.

Solfaur likes this.
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    I absolutely agree about the normal / hardcore servers... huge mistake to drop that system.

But their whole "unify the player base" ordeal meant they dropped it, to the great regret of everyone, because now the players who prefer normal mode think it's too tryhard, and the players who prefer hardcore mode think it's too casual.

I've always prefered normal mode, so yeah, i'm not a fan of most the changes they've made.

BangTail likes this.

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Hey, the changes wont last mate, because the normal mode is by far the more requested mode and the game is already in financial trouble so it will all be changed.

There is already a ton of complaining about the TTK.

What I'm saying is that it will probably end up being the game you want as opposed to the game I would like.

I'm skipping CoD 4 and BFV this year, I won't say I won't pick them up if they are on sale, but neither franchise is doing anything that I want to support.

12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    I think the ttk is fine tbh, it was very low in bf3 normal mode aswell, and i liked that too.
    What i don't like is the very limited ammo and no auto heal aswell as the no spotting... makes sniper campers a real pain !

13. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Sadly, they absolutely refuse to enforce class limits on ranked servers so everyone is a f*cking sniper.

Rising Storm Vietnam handles this beautifully, 1 or 2 snipers per team, not 31 or 32 :rolleyes:

Dragam1337 likes this.
  14. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    I play BF1 hardcore mostly at the moment so it's all good for me. I play in squads all the time, usually as a medic, it's not hard to stick together, that's one of the things your minimap is all about. Also spotting snipers is silly, they hide and camp, that's what they do, though the kill cam red blur in BFV gives them away if you want to go hunt them down.

15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    You like hardcore mode, i like normal mode, so obviously our ideas of how a battlefield game should be differs quite a bit. Which is why it's beyond stupid that we only get "normal" mode, cause it isn't going to satisfy either audience.

big ROBOT bill likes this.

16. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    Heh, I miss battlelog with proper servers. Normal? Hardcore? Pistol Only? Minimap disabled? Sniper limit? 20 man conquest? Health pool? Ticket numbers? Or more? All that stuff and much more was customizable and there were always a server for everyone needs. Now, that is all dumbed down that we should be happy that we even have a shitty server browser.

And another thing, am I the only one here that is annoyed about how small conquest maps are on beta and that it's all infantry combat? Tanks and other vehicles are nerfed hard. Grenades too, you can't even clear fortifications without throwing at least 2 grenades.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Very interesting that you get the same FPS on a 64 player map in BFV as in BF1. Ultra settings? I will download BF1 again for comparison but last I tried I got a solid 95 fps at 3440x1440 in BF1 but only around 80-85 in BFV. Also glad you didn't get the hiccups that I get, not that they're terrible but it's slightly annoying for sure. I also don't have DX12 enabled in BFV (or BF1 for that matter) since it's apparently bugged and doesn't work.

18. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    It's a beta, settle down

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    That's mapdesign for you.

Mapdesign went downhill after BF3. Take Strike at Karkand, now that's a good map that catered to everything. Tanks having lots of space to manouver in the middle, the sides having appartements with flanking routes for infantry, ...

BF4 had a lot of open maps which made the infrared on vehicles OP as hell, BF V actually has a lot of open spaces with no "useful" cover as well.

The snipers aren't the problem, the mapdesign is, there's no cover to engage in medium/close infantry combat in a tactical way, from a 360° point around you, some sniper always has an angle on you. Even on the Narvik bridge, you're only safe behind the parts with the cloth hanging over and they're the parts that often don't have good cover for the actual bridge fights if you pay close attention.

It can be small things such as adding a few train carts and make it so they fell over towards the non seaside, this way this will give cover for the bridge fights from the rest of the map.

BangTail, Dragam1337 and Solfaur like this.
  20. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    BF1 has some horrible maps, huge plains of nothing which is no fun for tanks or infantry and then you make the planes op.

From the maps i've played so far BFV's are better.