MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Use search please, no need to beat dead horse. There is nothing to "fix", it is EVGA's homework, not mine.

2. Emil

Emil Member

GPU:
    ZotacGTX 1080 AMP Extreme
    I can not find anything about it. Can you give some link?
    If EVGA did their homework I would not have to look for alternatives to their software. I hope someday you will do something about this problem.

3. Unwinder

Emil likes this.
  4. Olivier Hess

Olivier Hess Guest

GPU:
    2x Poseidon 1080TI
    Bug in the actual 4.4 beta:
    When i change the voltage curve (CTRL-F, changing entire curve with SHIFT / mouse, CTRL-L to save),
    the Core frequency will be augmented by the same value!
    Example: I undervolt the GPU by 122 mV, the core clock will be augmented by 122 MHz!

5. Olivier Hess

Olivier Hess Guest

GPU:
    2x Poseidon 1080TI
    I have 2 ASUS GTX1080TI Poseidon.
    ---------------------
    Bug in the actual 4.4 beta:
    When i change the voltage curve (CTRL-F, changing entire curve with SHIFT / mouse, CTRL-L to save),
    the Core frequency will be augmented by the same value!
    Example: I undervolt the GPU by 122 mV, the core clock will be augmented by 122 MHz!

6. Unwinder

That's a bug in your understanding and it is up to you to fix it, sorry.

7. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 3080 10gb
    msi gtx 970 4gb + msi ab v4.4.0 beta 19 + rtss v7.0.0 beta 29 + 387.92 whql in win 10 home 64bit...

OSD isnt show at all in call of duty modern warfare remastered..... why?? how to fix this?? T_T

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  8. Unwinder

Nobodyy besides you knows what exactly do you misconfigure with such “detailed” problem description.

9. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 3080 10gb
    sorry.....it has been update....

10. Unwinder

I do not own call of duty modern warfare remastered and definitively don't plan to purchase it, sorry.

11. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 3080 10gb
    so, there is no solution ?? and why this happen?? :(

12. Unwinder

How can I say why without having a way to test a game here? I'm not even sure if it is real incompatibility with the engine of some user config error on your side. There is always solution for such cases and for investigating issues with some specific applications, which I cannot test myself - you may purchase the copy of the game so I'll gladly verify it, but I really doubt that you'll prefer such way.

13. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 3080 10gb
    can u using COD MW remastered from torrent ?? because, iam very curious, why the newest update of MSI AB cant support the game engine from COD MW remastered....? T_T

14. Unwinder

I didn’t said that new AB “cannot support” the the game engine. And no, I do not use stolen game copies to test anything, it is a complete no go. According to youtube, remastered cod mw engine is perfectly compatible with AB, there are a lot of videos with RTSS overlay on both AMD and NV platforms so it is a question of user config error in your side. So configure your system properly, sorry.

15. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 3080 10gb
    perhaps they are using another version of driver vga, MSI AB, RTSS, etc... or something.... but, if there is some case just like this in the past, usually, what is the solution.....?? :(

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017

16. Unwinder

Solution is configuring the system properly. I cannot help you with that.

17. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 3080 10gb
    Solution is configuring the system properly....??? what do u mean by that??

osd steam overlay is working fine in COD MW RMS...... OSd MSI AB is working fine in MMO WOT & MMO WOT SB.....

btw, OSD MSI AB not show up in Mafia 3, the witcher 3 GOTY, DOOm 2016 & Fallout 4 too... but, steam overlay osd is working fine in those games, why?? :(

18. Unwinder

I mean that I'm really angry now. I just paid the next $25 from my pocket to verify the next false bug report and see that someone cannot configure application again, and I'm afraid that it was the final straw. From now I completely stop commenting any issues like that related to 3D applications, which I don't own. If you report a problem related to such game and insist that it is broken from my side - it is up to you to purchase a legal copy of this game and provide it to me for testing it on my side. Otherwise I'm just paying my own real money for your mistakes.

Attached Files:

• rms.png
      rms.png
      File size:
      108.8 KB
      Views:
  19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    At least Steam now offers a refund system ( http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/ ) which should work to get the money back since the current conditions (Purchased within two weeks and less than two hours played.) shouldn't be a problem for just testing the OSD compatibility, however Valve does have some other restrictions with how the user isn't meant to rely on the refund system to demo games but using it a few times should be a non-issue though more frequent usage might see the function getting restricted or blocked for the user so it might not help if there's multiple compatibility reports and having to buy the games to test these.

Prices keep going up too so it would be costly as well to have to purchase and test each single game that gets reported and the refund process can take a while too to complete so having the games being donated could be a way even if the software itself isn't donation driven. :)

As for OSD compatibility? Not much I can suggest since RTSS already covers most of the common settings from it's configuration panel. Third party software issues is also different for every system.
    (A delayed injection works pretty well for me, it's not guaranteed to work with everything though.)

In general I have Afterburner set up so that under "Monitoring" FPS is ticked and set to "in OSD" for it's properties, more can be ticked if needed such as hardware information.
    (Knowing the framerate and API used works for me, less CPU usage too with less things drawn though it's probably pretty light for most of these stats.)

And for Rivatuner the "Low" setting for the global profile tends to work in most cases, OSD support set to on and that should be about all that's required. :)
    (The "i" button in Afterburner also shows a handy info list including current detected 3D processes and it might be helpful to set up a profile to exclude software that shows up here from being monitored.)

EDIT: The above games are all from Steam too, perhaps the Steam overlay is being difficult again?
    (They should also all be 64-bit but I'm pretty sure support for that is on by default in the current version of RTSS.)

20. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 3080 10gb
    problem solved..... after clean instal and reinstall MSI AB+RTSS to another folder..... :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thx, dude.... :D

still there is 1 problem, in COD MW RMS and the witcher 3, i can take screenshot as many as i can.....but, in mafia 3, doom 2016, fallout 4.... i cant take any screenshots at all.... so i must using steam overlay, again.... to take screenshots in those game.....why?? how to fix this?? :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.