MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Try to perform clean install with full uninstallation of the previous version (including profiles removal). And no, old AMD drivers cannot be the problem. Unlike AMD who constantly tend ignore backward compatibility, I prefer to stay compatible with all previously supported drivers and hardware.

2. Emil

Emil Member

GPU:
    ZotacGTX 1080 AMP Extreme
    MSI Afterburner does not properly support the VRM fan control for evga gtx 1080 ti sc2 hybrid.
    The GPU has two fans. One on the heatsink, the other on the VRM. Unfortunately, in SC2 version you can control the fan speed only on VRM. In EVGA Precision XOC theoretically there is a slider for manual control fan on heatsink but its handling change nothing otherwise then the variable expressed in [%] - Let's call it variable X.
    There is a second slider that controls the variable expressed in percent from the VRM fan control, Let's call it variable Y. Using this slider actually allows you to control the fan speed of the VRM.

The MSI Afterberner problem is that it allows you to control and monitor the X variable but that is not useful in the case of this graphics card. MSI Afterberner must allow to control and monitor (variable Y) the VRM fan for evga gtx 1080 ti sc2 hybrid. This is called - Power Fan tacho in EVGA Precision XOC.

Please fix this because I do not want to use EVGA Precision XOC, This error leads to
    abnormal operation of the fan from the VRM causing the high temperature section of the power supply at the custom fan curve created in MSI Afterberner
    Sorry for my English :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  3. Unwinder

Use search please, no need to beat dead horse. There is nothing to "fix", it is EVGA's homework, not mine.

4. Emil

Emil Member

GPU:
    ZotacGTX 1080 AMP Extreme
    I can not find anything about it. Can you give some link?
    If EVGA did their homework I would not have to look for alternatives to their software. I hope someday you will do something about this problem.

5. Unwinder

Emil likes this.
  6. Olivier Hess

Olivier Hess New Member

GPU:
    2x Poseidon 1080TI
    Bug in the actual 4.4 beta:
    When i change the voltage curve (CTRL-F, changing entire curve with SHIFT / mouse, CTRL-L to save),
    the Core frequency will be augmented by the same value!
    Example: I undervolt the GPU by 122 mV, the core clock will be augmented by 122 MHz!

7. Olivier Hess

Olivier Hess New Member

GPU:
    2x Poseidon 1080TI
    I have 2 ASUS GTX1080TI Poseidon.
    ---------------------
    Bug in the actual 4.4 beta:
    When i change the voltage curve (CTRL-F, changing entire curve with SHIFT / mouse, CTRL-L to save),
    the Core frequency will be augmented by the same value!
    Example: I undervolt the GPU by 122 mV, the core clock will be augmented by 122 MHz!

8. Unwinder

That's a bug in your understanding and it is up to you to fix it, sorry.

9. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi gtx 1080 8gb
    msi gtx 970 4gb + msi ab v4.4.0 beta 19 + rtss v7.0.0 beta 29 + 387.92 whql in win 10 home 64bit...

OSD isnt show at all in call of duty modern warfare remastered..... why?? how to fix this?? T_T

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  10. Unwinder

Nobodyy besides you knows what exactly do you misconfigure with such “detailed” problem description.

11. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi gtx 1080 8gb
    sorry.....it has been update....

12. Unwinder

I do not own call of duty modern warfare remastered and definitively don't plan to purchase it, sorry.

13. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi gtx 1080 8gb
    so, there is no solution ?? and why this happen?? :(

14. Unwinder

How can I say why without having a way to test a game here? I'm not even sure if it is real incompatibility with the engine of some user config error on your side. There is always solution for such cases and for investigating issues with some specific applications, which I cannot test myself - you may purchase the copy of the game so I'll gladly verify it, but I really doubt that you'll prefer such way.

15. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi gtx 1080 8gb
    can u using COD MW remastered from torrent ?? because, iam very curious, why the newest update of MSI AB cant support the game engine from COD MW remastered....? T_T

16. Unwinder

I didn’t said that new AB “cannot support” the the game engine. And no, I do not use stolen game copies to test anything, it is a complete no go. According to youtube, remastered cod mw engine is perfectly compatible with AB, there are a lot of videos with RTSS overlay on both AMD and NV platforms so it is a question of user config error in your side. So configure your system properly, sorry.

17. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi gtx 1080 8gb
    perhaps they are using another version of driver vga, MSI AB, RTSS, etc... or something.... but, if there is some case just like this in the past, usually, what is the solution.....?? :(

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  18. Unwinder

Solution is configuring the system properly. I cannot help you with that.

19. arni

arni Member

GPU:
    msi gtx 1080 8gb
    Solution is configuring the system properly....??? what do u mean by that??

osd steam overlay is working fine in COD MW RMS...... OSd MSI AB is working fine in MMO WOT & MMO WOT SB.....

btw, OSD MSI AB not show up in Mafia 3, the witcher 3 GOTY, DOOm 2016 & Fallout 4 too... but, steam overlay osd is working fine in those games, why?? :(

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  20. Unwinder

I mean that I'm really angry now. I just paid the next $25 from my pocket to verify the next false bug report and see that someone cannot configure application again, and I'm afraid that it was the final straw. From now I completely stop commenting any issues like that related to 3D applications, which I don't own. If you report a problem related to such game and insist that it is broken from my side - it is up to you to purchase a legal copy of this game and provide it to me for testing it on my side. Otherwise I'm just paying my own real money for your mistakes.

Attached Files:

• rms.png
      rms.png
      File size:
      108.8 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.