GeForce 375.86 WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Outcasst

Outcasst Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    No issues here.

[​IMG]

Windows 10, GTX 1080 Founder's Edition.

2. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    Yeah the 810mhz bug appears here too playing bf1

3. hazel1

hazel1 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Ti GM
    Well the optimal power setting is causing it (tested) .Just change it to adaptive/max and restart ,should fix the problem .

4. samusprime89

samusprime89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    These drivers are beyond botched, i went from getting 120+ FPS in BF1, Ttinfall 2 and rocket league on my gtx 1070 to 30-40 FPS, what the hell is going on. It is not a vsync lock either. CMon Nvidia! step up your game your starting to look as bad as AMD is with driver releases. How did these even make it past testing?

5. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Adaptive Power is the FIX then !

please update the Thread so people will know !

6. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Nevermind.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I've never had a problem with it up until this release. I did A/B testing between adaptive and optimal too, when it was released, and saw no performance difference that couldn't be attributed to margin of error.

That being said, my GPU doesn't idle properly anyway, so if there was any power savings from optimal - I probably wouldn't have noticed/saw it. I'm not even really sure what optimal is supposed to do. I read that it's similar in tech to panel self refresh in phones, but I never really saw that confirmed or anything.

Which is another thing that bothers me about Nvidia driver releases. The documentation is terrible. There is clearly more changes going on behind the driver then what they document in the change log. Which is fine, until something like the GIF problem arises, or this optimal power issue. If we had a proper log of changes, or at least something better then what Nvidia provides currently, it would be significantly easier to test the changes and when bugs do arise - quickly associate them to changes made with the driver.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    With this driver or all drivers?

The only thing PSR is supposed to do is refresh the screen with the current buffer, if nothing on the screen updates. If MADVR is causing problems, even previous to this driver (with optimal enabled) then there must be some bug where it's not detecting MADVR changes or something.

I don't use MADVR so idk about that - but as far as gaming, I couldn't find performance issues related to optimal (until this driver of course).

9. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    COD Infinity Warfare (SLI profile?) is not working right here. Half the perf. of one GPU?

Also no Skyrim SE, SLI profile yet? (0x080020F5 is working quite good at least).
    Mafia 3 stays dead too on the SLI front. A bit worrying on the multi GPU front..

10. jallaby

jallaby Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix OC
    This does not work on my system. Changed from Optimal to Adaptive, rebooted, same result. Tried both the render test and in BF1 as well.

I just quit a remote session with Manuel G, he got the logs he wanted so I hope it wont be long until there is a solution. Until then, I'll roll back to the 375.76 driver.

11. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    always worked fine to me without differences about performance... just lowering core clock by necessary... and adaptive have only 3 stages of clock but in optimal have anyone clock... example on witcher 3 on adaptive always runs on maximum clock but in optimal works on 1.200mhz/1.400mhz and when necessary goes to maximum clock

i like it because my gpu runs more cold with it

by the way... running here with optimal energy settings and my memory running at 5006mhz normally

12. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    All the menus in BF1 are flickering for me on DX11. Works on DX12. Bad SLI Profile now....

Edit. Everythings a little flickery right now its a mess. What ever you did change it back.

13. reeven

reeven Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 750/1450/3000
    optimal/adaptive power doesnt matter, memory is ok ( 8ghz) 1060 g1 gaming and evga 1080. so.... fix is not that.
    win10

14. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Agreed, the term is totally misleading. What's "optimal" about the fact that the clock doesn't recover quickly enough to prevent framerate drops?
    I can totally reproduce this in games with vsync/fps-limiter.
    They should simply throw "optimal performance" into the trash bin and use adaptive again instead by default.
    (I'm not talking about the memory clock driver issue, but the "optimal performance" profile in general).

15. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Yes , same , It didn't work for me too sadly. stuck 810 even on adaptive and game is maximum performance.

16. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    I've retested both in (DualBoot) Windows 7 x64 SP1 and Windows 10 x64 14393.447.

Changed from optimal/adaptive/maxperf rebooting inbetween each change and tested multiple games , the memory will still not go over 810mhz for me :pc1:

17. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Yup. I have used optimal power settings for couple of days , then went back to adaptive mode. Something is making huge mess in that mode , even related to flickering.

Looks like i will wait for the next driver as usually.

Q&A is really terrible at nvidia.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    tried all power modes, result all the same. memory stuck. Need new drivers

19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I have another request for users hitting the video memory stuck at 810Mhz issue. Could you email me the following:

1) GPU make and model
    2) Are you running single GPU or SLI
    3) Can you extract the VBIOS from your card and email it to me at driverfeedback@nvidia.com? Here is a guide for extracting the VBIOS:
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4188/
    4) Does your issue go away if you set Power Management Mode to "Adaptive" or "Prefer Maximum Performance" and then reboot your PC?

20. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    How about the core clock stuck issue? All series are effected with this "feature".

I won't try this driver to see the "final fix" for flickering issue due to causing lot more issues on the side hand.
    How about DirectX 12 driver to Fermi?

Friend of mine just reproduced this core clock issue on 480 too, right away.
    Same happened on 680.