1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce 375.86 WHQL driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    Lol I thought the same thing when I opened the thread.

I really don't understand how the driver team is missing all these obvious bugs. I don't recall it ever being this bad before.

2. Outcasst

Outcasst Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    No issues here.

[​IMG]

Windows 10, GTX 1080 Founder's Edition.

3. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2080ti trio
    Yeah the 810mhz bug appears here too playing bf1

4. hazel1

hazel1 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Ti GM
    Well the optimal power setting is causing it (tested) .Just change it to adaptive/max and restart ,should fix the problem .

5. samusprime89

samusprime89 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    These drivers are beyond botched, i went from getting 120+ FPS in BF1, Ttinfall 2 and rocket league on my gtx 1070 to 30-40 FPS, what the hell is going on. It is not a vsync lock either. CMon Nvidia! step up your game your starting to look as bad as AMD is with driver releases. How did these even make it past testing?

6. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Change to Adaptive power and restart

7. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    Adaptive Power is the FIX then !

please update the Thread so people will know !

8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Nevermind.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  9. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Optimal power has never worked right. It's total garbage.

Who cares about saving a little more power anyway? Pointless if it affects performance.

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    I've never had a problem with it up until this release. I did A/B testing between adaptive and optimal too, when it was released, and saw no performance difference that couldn't be attributed to margin of error.

That being said, my GPU doesn't idle properly anyway, so if there was any power savings from optimal - I probably wouldn't have noticed/saw it. I'm not even really sure what optimal is supposed to do. I read that it's similar in tech to panel self refresh in phones, but I never really saw that confirmed or anything.

Which is another thing that bothers me about Nvidia driver releases. The documentation is terrible. There is clearly more changes going on behind the driver then what they document in the change log. Which is fine, until something like the GIF problem arises, or this optimal power issue. If we had a proper log of changes, or at least something better then what Nvidia provides currently, it would be significantly easier to test the changes and when bugs do arise - quickly associate them to changes made with the driver.

11. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Try it with madvr. Render times sometimes hit 300ms and the video goes out of sync. That's when it randomly drops to 800mhz to save power. Changed to adaptive and render times never rose past 20ms, with 42 being out of sync for 24p content.

It just doesn't work because it saves power at the cost of performance.

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    With this driver or all drivers?

The only thing PSR is supposed to do is refresh the screen with the current buffer, if nothing on the screen updates. If MADVR is causing problems, even previous to this driver (with optimal enabled) then there must be some bug where it's not detecting MADVR changes or something.

I don't use MADVR so idk about that - but as far as gaming, I couldn't find performance issues related to optimal (until this driver of course).

13. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti Sli
    COD Infinity Warfare (SLI profile?) is not working right here. Half the perf. of one GPU?

Also no Skyrim SE, SLI profile yet? (0x080020F5 is working quite good at least).
    Mafia 3 stays dead too on the SLI front. A bit worrying on the multi GPU front..

14. jallaby

jallaby Member

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti ROG Str
    This does not work on my system. Changed from Optimal to Adaptive, rebooted, same result. Tried both the render test and in BF1 as well.

I just quit a remote session with Manuel G, he got the logs he wanted so I hope it wont be long until there is a solution. Until then, I'll roll back to the 375.76 driver.

15. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC OC
    always worked fine to me without differences about performance... just lowering core clock by necessary... and adaptive have only 3 stages of clock but in optimal have anyone clock... example on witcher 3 on adaptive always runs on maximum clock but in optimal works on 1.200mhz/1.400mhz and when necessary goes to maximum clock

i like it because my gpu runs more cold with it

by the way... running here with optimal energy settings and my memory running at 5006mhz normally

16. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Member Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti
    All the menus in BF1 are flickering for me on DX11. Works on DX12. Bad SLI Profile now....

Edit. Everythings a little flickery right now its a mess. What ever you did change it back.

17. reeven

reeven Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 750/1450/3000
    optimal/adaptive power doesnt matter, memory is ok ( 8ghz) 1060 g1 gaming and evga 1080. so.... fix is not that.
    win10

18. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 580 Armor
    Agreed, the term is totally misleading. What's "optimal" about the fact that the clock doesn't recover quickly enough to prevent framerate drops?
    I can totally reproduce this in games with vsync/fps-limiter.
    They should simply throw "optimal performance" into the trash bin and use adaptive again instead by default.
    (I'm not talking about the memory clock driver issue, but the "optimal performance" profile in general).

19. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    Yes , same , It didn't work for me too sadly. stuck 810 even on adaptive and game is maximum performance.

20. JAMVA

JAMVA Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080
    I've retested both in (DualBoot) Windows 7 x64 SP1 and Windows 10 x64 14393.447.

Changed from optimal/adaptive/maxperf rebooting inbetween each change and tested multiple games , the memory will still not go over 810mhz for me :pc1: