Display driver stopped responding?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ElementalDragon, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Kinda weird.... cause out of nowhere, all the odd behavior stopped....

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I havn't had that issue since the 290 Betas. It did happen every now and then with 280's and 285's.

I'm cured ever since.

3. smax11

smax11 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570 HD 1280MB
    opposite for me, I got a few right after I updated drivers a few weeks ago then nothing, today I've had 5 while surfing the net. No videos, no flash just text and some pics

4. Ewilusz

Ewilusz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 560gtx 1gb
    started today, cept my screen turns purple. Happened twice today with netflix each time.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    after installing 296.10, firstly it didn't show the physx installation neither the nvidia update while i was installing it, i had to install them manually after the driver installation. i'm getting green lines or artifacts for a second while playing crysis, it's the first time i get artifacts since a long long time, never had anything with 295.73, i think im gonna roll back.

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    after installing 296.10, firstly it didn't show the physx installation and the nvidia update while installing, so i had to install them manually after the driver.
    then i played crysis , after 5 min i started getting green artifacts flashing for 1 second, never had those in a long long time, never had issues with 295.73, do u think it would be better to roll back to it?

7. judicator

judicator Member

GPU:
    PNY 3090 RTX Revel
    Having this exact same issue, unfortunately DX9 API doesn't solve it for me. I've been playing other games since I quit WoW almost a year ago with no problems, but I come back to WoW and it's unplayable.

Do you just get the TDR or do you experience artifacting/screen tearing as well? Usually I'm fine. Then artifacting starts, followed soon after by TDR.

8. judicator

judicator Member

GPU:
    PNY 3090 RTX Revel
    Finally got WoW playable again & with DX11 mode, had to roll back to 285.62. None of the 29X line works they all start artifacting and display driver stops responding.

Lame, since every other game is fine...