Atomic Heart

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, May 10, 2018.

1. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    Andromeda was the first and last lesson for me. another factor is age. the older we grow the better we can manage delaying gratifications, i sure hope i said this cra* the correct way. my point is - pre-order is unnecessary in these days, whoever feels it's doing something for him.. great.

now looking again on this AH trailer, they sure took some ideas from the original Vampire Bloodlines. there was a mission in Hollywood.. taking place in this mansion that looked like sanitarium\mental-place, it's been several years since i last played so i can't remember the name of the mission. some of the developers definitely liked Bloodlines because i saw more stuff related to it.. just cant name it yet. anyway it still looks confusing as a trailer.

Airbud, angelgraves13 and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    This is why people say preorders are killing gaming as its leading to game devs and publishers becoming complacent, lazy, and releasing trash. Like you said Ubisoft doesn't do anything for you, but for a lot of people they do. This is my point, a lot of people base their purchases off trailers. Just look at CDPR, they were the golden child of the gaming world after W3 and its DLC. Finally a big company that does things right. But the writing was on the wall, W3 had fake trailers and downgraded graphics. But the game released was so good it didn't matter. Now we have the CP2077 debacle. It just goes to show greed is what really fuels these companies at their core.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Do you remember Dishonored 2 ? :D

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes, and absolutely loved it.
    But, Arkane have had buggy releases in the past... remember Dark Messiah? ;) Them, like Obsidian, I always go in expecting some rough edges.

angelgraves13 likes this.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Game demos are dead art that all but dead on PC side of thing and consoles about only place i seem them now and even then it rare.

Nioh/nioh 2 demos are reason why I bought both games was not keen on 60fps mode targeting 720p but I would bought the game none the less I sucker for games with those type of themes, I bought Sekiro and I think Sekiro was trash from combat stand point.

I dont prorder games anymore , I think only game in last 5+ year peorder if you can call preordering the the day before it actual launched preordering was nioh/nioh2 and ff7r( which i regret buying at full price) Nioh and Nioh 2 where worth the price. To often then not games are launched in the state that 20+ years ago would been deemed unthinkable. cause internet really wasnt widely available and speed, see release a game in such state would guarantee bad sales.

With internet being back bone of everything now it more release as it fix it later attitude from publisher and maybe the devs too

The game in topic look intresting though kind remind me of bioshock only on land? not fan of first person view games though. probably why I never finish the bioshock collection, probably the only first person view games I actual beat was deus ex games

6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    It was broken for me, i could not play it when it launched. maybe you played it later , hence not knowing of its problems.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, I had pre-ordered DisHonored 2.
    Played it from start to end at release. Performance was awful, but nothing in the game flat out did not work.

A better example would have been Batman: Arkham Knight. A title where the publisher pulled it from sales and allowed people to get refunds, regardless of playtime.

But, the thing for me, is the game is fun underneath all the bugs and problems.
    I will put up with, or wait for a game to be fixed if I find it fun. As I did with both Arkham Knight and Dishonored 2. And, now, I can play both games with almost no issues at all.

But, with Atomic Heart... I was originally interested because of how strange the released media looked.
    But, after all this time, I'm way past caring "Oh this looks weird". Now, I'm just a bit tired of the videos with no context, made to show off RTX.

angelgraves13 and ShadowDuke like this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i think your memory of arkham knight is a bit faded.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Arkham Knight on PC was thoroughly broken on release to the extent it was withdrawn from sale.

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Had far more issues and problems with Arkham Knight personally.
    Love the game, and glad it got fixed. But at release, it was an absolute mess.

But, that's the thing with PC releases. Even ones people state are "broken"... not everyone will have the same experience. Same problems or lack there of.

11. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I didn't follow it too closely but from trailers it looks like soviet bioshock. That's not bad at all.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    It looks bloody awful in that Nvidia RTX trailer. :/

13. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    "Ghosty said:
    I've watched a couple of videos but it's too weird for me."

Same for me man. Amazing to look at though. Another cool looking game I like the visuals for, but is just to out there for me is SCORN. Too
    bad those Devs didn`t work on an ALIENS PC FPS. They`d do an awesome BoneShip. They seem to have Giger down.

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Like someone else here said, not everyone's playthrough of a game will be the same. Arkham Knight for me was like a masterclass in coding compared to Cyberpunk. In CP I had endless broken missions, stuck npc's, texture loading issues, game crashes, falling through the map, horrendous performance for what was on screen and many many more.

Arkham Knight never crashed once, not one mission was broken (i got 100%), the only issues were the 30fps cap, and stutters when driving around the city and a few missing graphical effects (rain drops if I remember). As long as you disabled all the gameworks crap the stutters were not as bad, It was far far from perfect and at times was a slog to play but at least it was playable where as CP was not even close to playable at launch. You would get maybe 10 minutes of gameplay before you would hit another bug and it was sheer luck if that bug was game breaking or not.

Don't get me wrong, Arkham was a VERY VERY bad port overall and if you didn't have a really high end PC the experience must of been a nightmare. I personally just had infinitely more issues with CP to the point I stopped playing for a while whereas Arkham I never once stopped playing it until I got 100% complete.

This also happened the CP on the PlayStation store.

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Looking good.
    But why so bright and vivacious.. Is that a pun in itself? I don't quite get it.
    Not saying it wont work.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Really feel like I need a good extended gameplay clip to really judge this.

I'm interested, but, things have been so rocky on this... I can't trust it to deliver.

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I do agree with u on the video game crash thing, i am seeing a lot of new trailers but barely a game that grabs my attention, we need to wait and see how these games turn up,especially battlefield 6, could be the last nail in the coffin for dice and ea

Shataan likes this.
  18. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    I was initially interested in this as a showcase for ray tracing but now there's quite a few titles out fulfilling this criteria and so I feel this has gone and missed its mark.

19. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    This is gonna be one weird train ride , bring it on!

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yea but I actually think EA will be ok with their billions its the smaller studios that have to watch out. Dice though could very well end up on the EA grave site.

ramthegamer likes this.