Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    since when do u have to reinvent the wheel to make a good game??? cast your mind back to 1313 and there was nothin in that demo that i had not seen before in some other title yet it still considered a Star Wars treasure forever lost to us. i will say the budget on 1313 looked like it surpass anythin ea are workin on right now and thwat was a 2012 unreal engine 3 game!!!

the majority of the game was NOT shown in the demo today and for all the ohh no dismemberment no buy pish it still looked pretty brutal in places to me he cut one enemy pretty much in half only his body did nt fall apart still not bad for the age of star wars disney

• Players will be able to customize the exterior of the ship, dubbed The Stinger Mantis
    • You won't encounter loading screens when moving from planet to planet, as each flight occurs in real time. The ship will feature different activities for players to take part in.
    • Each planet, according to Game Informer, features a hub that players will land in with further activities to explore. These hubs are where you'll be able to rest, use skill points, save, and talk to other characters. You can fly to any planet at any time for both freeform exploring and to pursue story missions. There’s a hub in each world, where you can rest, save, spend skill points, and talk to NPCs. The ship also offers other activities Respawn doesn’t want to reveal just yet.
    yer much more to the game than was shown n i liked what i saw and heard a lot of Sekiro *(Star)* Wars thrown about by many only bein showed off on easy to get through as much as they could in the time i can imagine many fights bein very tactical, best of all tho was the use of unreal engine im so sick of frostbite bein forced on us as technically great it can be it is so the main problem with many games at the same time. if only anthem had launched usin it instead mebbe it could have all been different. bit jaded with open world games right now and lookin forward to a nicely structured linear experience again.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    ShadowDuke likes this.
  2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Indeed.
    Sadly, yes. I really liked what i have seen in the 1313 Gameplay Demo. Also the canceled Visceral Game looked very promising at first glence.

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    more and more interestin

The extended gameplay demo was something of a prequel to the public livestream: turns out that before Cal starts swinging through Kashyyyk's jungle canyons like Tarzan, he's busy swimming through disgusting gloop while avoiding the attention of several AT-AT Walkers. After making his way over to one of the mechanical beasts, there's an Uncharted-meets-Shadow of the Colossus moment where Cal uses vines to climb aboard the monstrous Walker and bop a Stormtrooper on the head.

Before Cal got back to fighting, he took a moment to meditate at a glowing silver galaxy mark on the floor, which briefly opened up the skill tree menu. Unfortunately we didn't get shown any of the abilities or the exact mechanics of the skill tree: however, it seems you can only unlock skills at certain meditation points within each level. There seem to be a couple of these per level, so it should be an option open to players fairly frequently.

a brief look at the travel options suggests it's possible to journey back to past planets and adventures - so it seems you're not limited to tackling one level at a time.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...wars-jedi-fallen-order-extended-gameplay-demo

ShadowDuke likes this.
  4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I liked what I saw. Definitely going to buy this.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Like i said, it is boring for me. you dont need to convince me it should be otherwise. its fine if you like what you saw , i rather did not.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Personally, I really like what they showed.
    Looks more in line with what I want from a Star Wars game, definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

XenthorX likes this.
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    At least it's not being made by DICE........ is what my brain first thought.

8. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I really dislike that the level is an absolute tunnel. At least combat seems nice, although I have to assume it's on the lowest difficulty as the player was getting no damage. I hope it's at least somewhere around 10h, but I guess we'll see the result soon.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The player healed himself twice in the demo, the second time his health was almost empty.
    But, yes, gameplay demos such as these are normally played on Easy. Also, most "hands on" demos people are allowed to play at conventions and shows... are locked to the easiest difficulty. So players can get through it quickly.

10. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Seems a lot of people found it underwhelming, myself included. Wouldn't be surprised when it was originally canceled, that was the main reason why.

11. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    OK when I first viewed it this morning it was on my Pixel 3 XL before going to work, so the format helped to make the game look really good. When I came home tonight, I watched the video again on YouTube at the 4K setting on my desktop, and to be honest, the game looks very dated graphics and animation wise. I know it's alpha footage and all, but why show so much gameplay on an alpha build when the game is supposed to release this year? First impressions matter a lot!

The overall concept is fantastic, and the storyline will likely also be really good coming from Respawn. But man, it looks like a crossgen title from years ago at times, rather than something that is releasing near the end of the current gen cycle on a mature engine and platforms.

And I think the reason might be because it's a 60 FPS title on consoles, which means the asset quality will take a nosedive :eek:

12. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I'm not going to judge anyone, but are the looks really that important ? It doesn't look amazing, but it looks fine. I'd much rather have a great and fun game with mediocre looks than the other way arround

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Personally, I think for an Alpha state, it looks fine.
    And, more importantly, it looks fun. I see people complaining "I've already done all that kind of stuff in other games"... sorry to tell you this, you've done pretty much everything that will be done... in other games.

The gameplay demo reminded me of Jedi Knight 2. And given Respawn's creativity, level design wise, in Titanfall 2... I'm already sold on this.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    It is realy simple if you get bored in other games with certain gameplay elements , should it be ok in this game ? i dont think so.
    If they would add new gameplay elements it would make it less boring and ease the struggle to play.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yet, people are making very large assumptions from a very short bit of gameplay from an alpha build.
    Yes, the games uses gameplay mechanics other titles have used, but that doesn't mean it's all that it offers.

TF2 never showed off it's time travel level gameplay before release, keeping it a surprise for the players.
    Sometimes, it's not what they show, it's what they don't.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    if your going to fall back on tried and true mechanics, then you better put into that story and world.

the latest dragon quest uses pretty much the same old jrpg formula that dragon age always used, but the story and characters and world make that game a joy to play.

and after 5 either meh or ok movies, only single player star wars experience fans have maybe seen is the meh bf campaign last year. so yea even a good story might carry the title more at this point, people just hungry for anything good.

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well i guess its good for them people like you still have hope.
    I have no faith in EA bringing nice stuff to the table, they havent for years and wont suddenly do that now.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, thankfully, this is being made by a studio with better history in single player experiences.
    Unlike Dice who's bread and butter is MP, did anyone really expect a good campaign from their Star Wars BF game? They haven't made a decent single player campaign since Bad Company.

Respawn is formed by guys with a lot of experience in crafting campaigns, and with their comments about this having no MP, no microtransactions... I'm willing to remain optimistic.
    Besides, there's already enough crap in this industry, I don't see the reason to get negative about something we've seen so little of.

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    eh i hate ea as much as the next guy maybe more, but we have some evidence that the blame for EAs woes falls both directions at the penny pinching suits in the board rooms, and the devs under them bring their own issues to the table.

I fully buy that EA pushes the money stuff RMTs, lootboxes, mp over single player because $$$, but the bad story, buggy games, lack of qa, pandering, mostly falls to the individual studios.

and yes we have no reason to think respawns best days are behind it yet, unlike a bioware as a prime current example of a dev that has MASSIVE internal problems leading to horrible games hardly EAs fault, they seemed to give them as much rope as they wanted until they dragged their feet on anthem. one could argue ea was even too hands free with bioware they got away with murder while fobbing off the work.

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Respawn should be in charge of Battlefront, and fallen order should be with bioware.