GeForce 466.11 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you tried getting that dpc trace again?

2. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Ok I tried doing it again with twitch in the background and a couple of tabs/going in and out for 5 mins
    upload_2021-4-25_22-40-34.png

I am confused.The first 2 times it happend it was sub 3 mins and the other was like 30 seconds after.

I'm starting to think there's something up with latencymon 7.00. I've seen it run for 15mins+ without issues but then in stats it would say there was dpc spikes between 500-1000 but the highest displayed would be something like in the 300s.

I think in one of my older threads it was you who caught it or it was someone else.I'm starting to wonder if its over reporting or under reporting.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    theres something wrong with windows 10 in general, it just doesn't stay idle, something always kicks off after a few minutes of no input and distorts the result.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  4. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    Windows 10 is messed up since nov 2020. Updates been whack and loaded with unnecessary crap. Also bunch of microcode updates defo didn't improve performance, actually the opposite. Nvidia drivers been ass for the past months too.

5. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    I had some similar DX error randomly happen in Apex on alt-tab but a few days ago I uninstalled those two Windows updates that affected game performance on some machines and Apex stopped crashing.
    Could be just a coincidence though.

6. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  8. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If I read it correctly it will come as an update within the next 24 hours. Maybe winupdate?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  9. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I tried these yesterday and got a driver crash, first crash in over 6 months.
    470.25 are very good.

10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    If you are not using muli displays then I wouldn't worry about it and if you are WU will fix it one way or another (either rollback or update).
    That is the way I read the issues.

11. kaibosh

kaibosh Member

GPU:
    Blech. Gaming on the bleeding edge has *never* been more of a pain in the asshole. The issues being discussed over the last handful of pages are only the beginning. Windows has also forced compliance with 'newer' microcode to match what is in the 'newest' mainboard BIOS releases. That's great, except it is WAY slower than the BE code. Yes, you can partially undo updates and then shadow block the offending code, but... I give up, I just want to play games. For the meantime I'm just dropping things to 1440p in any serious game. I don't even bother trying to use VR, it sounds like it is *still* broken - for almost a year now? I don't even want to do a deep dive, especially into the horrors that is the nvidia forums, but can you even fix that issue by completely obliterating all tweak software?

Who cares about HAGS and Re-Bar when Nvidia and Windows are in an arms race to see who can damage our gaming experience the most? I have been gaming since a PET 2001, so i know all about early adopter tax - but we should be past that by now. I don't have time to spend countless hours just keeping up on how to maintain a decent framerate in game X, when I have enough processing power to run the Matrix. When mouse and GPU drivers have forced telemetry on top of the 200 IP's Bill Gates pokes at me with...

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I do have multi displays, they just arnt running both at the same time, General PC use I use my monitor for gaming I switch to my UHDTV

13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    The driver is great for me!

XantaX likes this.
  14. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Out of curiosity If I click "enable logging" it says additional logging has been enabled.Reading the pdf it says you need capture ETW not "enable logging" did I mess up or something?What does "additional logging enabled" mean?

I also tried again playing wow and got the warning again twice.Happens around the 3 min-5min mark.Don't think the logger can log 5 straight minutes.

Should I keep using it latencymon?You said dpc latency while gaming shouldn't count but other drivers triggers latencymon less in the same scenario.

15. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Any dpc latency spikes on your end on this driver?

16. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Hey Kman haven't really tested to be honest, but haven't had any noticable problems with this driver. No sound stutter or anything!

17. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    [​IMG] Getting this while playing wow. You on a 3k card right?

18. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    MS has released a Known Issue Rollback for 19042.928 and 19041.928
    If 1837593227 exists under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FeatureManagement\Overrides\4\ it's deployed and takes out the code causing the issue while rest of the update is intact.

19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Checking LatencyMon just on that page is generally a bad idea, can't remember where but it has a way more detailed log that might show that something else is the root cause of nvlddmkm.sys spiking like that.
    I had a similar issue years ago where the root actually was a NIC, once removed everything worked fine.

20. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    You mean like the stats page?You reckon something is spiking at the same time triggering nvlddmkm.sys?
    So I could tell if it was something else if I see another process spiking right?i need to keep tab for next time.

Also,if the issue was something else wouldn't it also show on other drivers?Driver 457.51 doesnt get this.

Here is 466.11
    https://imgur.com/a/yV99fB7
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/12oDai4aSKm33U7UHPa7k4FnmEqLIeL6R/view?usp=sharing

And 457.51 while playing wow/twitch in the background
    https://imgur.com/a/SJqmq1k