GeForce 466.11 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Stevebutabi

Stevebutabi New Member

GPU:
    Asus 3080 TUF OC
    It's bouncing off the power limit probably. I have the same card and it does the same thing on certain games depending on settings. The card has to keep it under the power limit so it's constantly adjusting the boost up and down. (If I correctly understand how that works)

2. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Your GPU may not be taxed enough. When these RTX 3xxx cards aren't taxed enough, they drop to the specced "base boost clock" set in the VBIOS, even when Prefer Maximum Performance is set (you may even have to set it to even get into boost clocks).
    Try to run at a higher resolution with higher settings (you could use DSR to virtually bump the resolution if your monitor doesn't support it).
    A similar thing can also happen if your GPU is being taxed too much, especially from the power limit side.

One thing you could try is a flash a VBIOS that has a higher boost clock set out of the box (not sure what's available for the 3080).
    It's the main reason I use the EVGA Kingpin RTX 3090 BIOS on my card, as it has a base boost clock of 1920MHz instead of the 1860 my 3090 Strix card has by default in older and/or CPU limited games that don't tax the GPU enough to boost over the base setting.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  3. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti Strix
    Gpu was getting taxed,infact it was 80+ when core was dropping.Just a quick example of what I was doing to make the gpu usage go really high minus the crash in the end.

ignore the fact game crashed.I tried going back to an older driver.Micro stutter wise/clock wise its still erratic on other more "stable" drivers

Also im on 1440p 165hz.I could try 1080p sure to reduce the issue but it kinda defeats the point of getting a 3080.

Also I have no idea how or where to safely get/do an update on my gpu.Would it void warranty?My gpu bios is 94.02.26.48.40 from what I can tell.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  4. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    My card never dips below 1875Mhz on default settings. It doesn't boost horribly, but does like to extra boost with certain overclocks, specifically from +120Mhz on the gpu.
    I did the asus bios update for my tuf 3080 oc. and it reads 94.02.42.40.66. I first did it on the silent performance mode, then after succes on the performance mode. the asus file auto checks which setting you have the switch and acts accordingly.
    Now, if it would help with your clocks, I don't know. It didn't change much on my card. Boosts the same, overclocks the same, performs the same on the games I play.
    My temps are max 64°C on oc settings. Max 62°C on default. Just as in the reviews. My memory junction temperature goes to 85°C max.
    You can see the latter in HWInfo64.
    ps. updating the bios of your card shouldn't void your warranty, just use the official asus update file.
    ps2. It does ofcourse lowers the clocks when a new gaming scene is loaded or when starting a game and watching it load to get to the menu. The normal behaviour when the load drops on the gpu.

5. loracle

loracle Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    This is a crap driver :mad::D;):)

6. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    Don't be silly

Xtreme512 likes this.
  7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Display driver nvlddmkm.sys stopped responding and has successfully recovered, with this driver. 3 times in Satisfactory and just now in Nier: Replicant. Happens after longer play sessions.

8. loracle

loracle Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    This is why i said it's a crap driver, i got the same thing, when i revert to previous one all ok even with the procreating kb installed :D:)

flow likes this.
  9. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    These are fine for me, playing Cold War and BFv, even got my best Time Spy score

3DMark-24-04-21.jpg

10. strawpedro

strawpedro New Member

GPU:
    idk if it's this driver or there are some sort of conflict but Yakuza : Like a Dragon stutters a lot in Yokohama (the main map, the prologue map works flawless for me) for me... the game is DX 11 so idk if i am missing some dx11 components

3090 here

11. loracle

loracle Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Same here, i got a good score in timespy first time, then after heavy gaming i started getting "nvlddmkm" crap crash to desktop, revert to "465.89" and all good again ;):)

12. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    Never seen this one before while playing

err.jpg
    [​IMG]

13. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti Strix

[​IMG]

while only having twitch in the background on latest driver on a 3080. 457.51 doesn't have the issue.

My c-states/speedshift/speestep are disabled.My windows is using high performance power plan and my nvidia global power setting is on high performance also....

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you tried getting that dpc trace again?

15. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti Strix
    Ok I tried doing it again with twitch in the background and a couple of tabs/going in and out for 5 mins
    upload_2021-4-25_22-40-34.png

I am confused.The first 2 times it happend it was sub 3 mins and the other was like 30 seconds after.

I'm starting to think there's something up with latencymon 7.00. I've seen it run for 15mins+ without issues but then in stats it would say there was dpc spikes between 500-1000 but the highest displayed would be something like in the 300s.

I think in one of my older threads it was you who caught it or it was someone else.I'm starting to wonder if its over reporting or under reporting.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    theres something wrong with windows 10 in general, it just doesn't stay idle, something always kicks off after a few minutes of no input and distorts the result.

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  17. Sylencer

Sylencer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Windows 10 is messed up since nov 2020. Updates been whack and loaded with unnecessary crap. Also bunch of microcode updates defo didn't improve performance, actually the opposite. Nvidia drivers been ass for the past months too.

18. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    I had some similar DX error randomly happen in Apex on alt-tab but a few days ago I uninstalled those two Windows updates that affected game performance on some machines and Apex stopped crashing.
    Could be just a coincidence though.

19. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
  20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black