OverdriveNTool - tool for AMD GPUs

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tede, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Wizard of Vega

Wizard of Vega Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56
    @tede & everyone else ;)

Hey, I just installed Windows 10 64 v2004 and also AMD Adrenalin 20.5.1. It seems like OverdriveNtool has a problem with the new registry of the driver or the Windows version. As I installed both after another I am not sure what exactly causes the problem, but I think anyhow an update for OverdriveNtool is now needed. Now it says that no driver is installed. And it doesn't makes a difference if you have no powertables installed, or merged your registry backup of the settings of your GPU. I write this, because I know that this can also happen if you save settings that are out of range. But I use the same settings as for months before.

And yes, sadly beside that OverdriveNtool doesn't works, also the registry entry under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]
    "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable" doesn't changes the behaviour of the card. I double checked it with FPS monitor, HWMonitor and GPU-z. My undervolting is ignored.

Can someone confirm on v2004 and Adrenalin 20.5.1 the same? And what about ideas for a solution?

Edit: According to Wattman the PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable seems at last to change a bit. Target clocks are overtaken for core and memory. But not the voltages and the fan curve.

Edit: Found someone else, what partitally proofs that OverdriveNtool doesn't works anymore https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-20-5-1-driver-download,6.html

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  2. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Hello, problem in 20.5.1 is because AMD has chagned one file name from 'atikmdag.sys' into 'amdkmdag.sys'
    Here is 0.2.9 beta1 which should fix this
    source code

3. Wizard of Vega

Wizard of Vega Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56
  4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Nice, works great again!

5. NCarter84

NCarter84 Guest

GPU:
    RX590 8GB
    Started having some issues with my 5700xt.

If I manually type in my new clocks and volts, hit apply only the mv and memory sticks. Core stays stock.

If I load a profile and apply it, it's fine. But, when fine tuning, nothing happens.

Thoughts?

Odnt 2.8 beta 11
    Win10 19xx
    Drivers 19.11.3

6. Poisson

Poisson Member

GPU:
    RX 590 Nitro+
    Thanks for the fix. Do the fix is to add the new file name at Unit1.cpp file at line 527?, or are additional changes needed?.
    Could you help me to update my ONT version to your ONT newer version?.

7. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    Ok, this has been asked before I am sure but I honestly couldn't find anything.
    I applied my settings with OverdriveNTool for a while now but I don't really want to use it anymore. The problem is, whenever I make changes in Wattman and click apply, it changes back to the settings I applied via OverdriveNTool. I can load a Wattman profile, that seems to work but as soon as I make manual changes in Wattman they reset back immediately to the ones before I hit "apply changes".

I tried DDU in safe mode and all but it's still happening. I can no longer use Wattman to apply any changes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  8. testsieger73

testsieger73 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 56
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  9. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Seems even the 0.2.9 beta 1 doesn't work with DX12-WSL-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-20.20.01.05-June17 (adl error not supported).

EDIT : my bad it's working, hadn't switched to gaming mode.

10. snaky115

snaky115 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Politely requesting to get a version to control my R9 Fury fans, like the old v0.2.6 which does not work now.

11. DaveScream

DaveScream Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
    -consoleonly -getcurrent dosent show Offset and LLC parameters, so from CLI there is no way to parse and know if GPU has compatible VRM.

12. DaveScream

DaveScream Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
    If run with -consoleonly and some profile in .ini is corrupted, the GUI message about this appears

-consoleonly switch is on, but got this messagebox:
    ---------------------------
    OverdriveNTool
    For security reason I2C offset must be between -48 (-300mV) and 48 (+300mV)
    ОК

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  13. Jellis

Jellis Member

GPU:
    AMD Rx 5700 xt 8gb
    0.2.9 doesn't seem to work with the new 20.7.1 driver, settings either go back to stock or i get a driver crash when i try to apply one of my profiles. not sure if this is the cause but the reg key for softpowerplaytable did change, its now PP_PhmSoftWTTable

Rambo likes this.
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    try 0.2.8 ;)

15. Jellis

Jellis Member

GPU:
    AMD Rx 5700 xt 8gb
    just tried 0.2.8 same issue, I think it is a rdna problem though. i have a 5700xt and a friend has a rx 580 and is not having any issues with this driver and OverdriveNTool

16. Carlos Terraza

Carlos Terraza Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX5700XT

Known Issues

• Performance Tuning Profiles saved from previous Radeon Software releases will no longer be compatible with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.1 and onward.
    Looks like the XML files have been changed

OnnA likes this.
  17. DaveScream

DaveScream Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
    -consoleonly is set, but GUI appears

OverdriveNTool
    Wrong command: -ac0 Mem_P0=*;*

GPU with id=0 is not supported
    ОК

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    20.7.2 is ok with it?

19. Jellis

Jellis Member

GPU:
    AMD Rx 5700 xt 8gb
    No just tested it with my 5700xt still not working correctly.

the voltage resets completely back to default when i try to apply a profile, everything else sticks though. i also get a hard crash when i try to lock the clock (P0 2000,P1 2050, P2 2100) and run a constant voltage, i can run the same thing threw Wattman without crashing though.

Is there anything i can do to help figure out whats going on? OverdriveN is alot more convienent than using Wattman

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Use both, in Relive all must be at Manual :)
    Try to run both as Admin.