OverdriveNTool - tool for AMD GPUs

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tede, Aug 6, 2017.

1. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    Thanks I found out how to un gray them but yes your right they don't seem to take effect great work tho :)

2. Shonk

Shonk New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    I didnt say it doesnt work i said it doesnt work properly there's a difference
    I have pointed out the problem if you choose to break your voltage table specific to you chip bin
    so be it but i told u

If you apply settings it works fine
    if you ever hit that reset button your voltage table is broken until you remove the adapter in windows and let it reinstall

3. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    No just tried it and it works fine.

PP table still there after reset

4. Wizard of Vega

Wizard of Vega New Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    @tede & everyone else ;)

Hey, I just installed Windows 10 64 v2004 and also AMD Adrenalin 20.5.1. It seems like OverdriveNtool has a problem with the new registry of the driver or the Windows version. As I installed both after another I am not sure what exactly causes the problem, but I think anyhow an update for OverdriveNtool is now needed. Now it says that no driver is installed. And it doesn't makes a difference if you have no powertables installed, or merged your registry backup of the settings of your GPU. I write this, because I know that this can also happen if you save settings that are out of range. But I use the same settings as for months before.

And yes, sadly beside that OverdriveNtool doesn't works, also the registry entry under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]
    "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable" doesn't changes the behaviour of the card. I double checked it with FPS monitor, HWMonitor and GPU-z. My undervolting is ignored.

Can someone confirm on v2004 and Adrenalin 20.5.1 the same? And what about ideas for a solution?

Edit: According to Wattman the PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable seems at last to change a bit. Target clocks are overtaken for core and memory. But not the voltages and the fan curve.

Edit: Found someone else, what partitally proofs that OverdriveNtool doesn't works anymore https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-20-5-1-driver-download,6.html

Last edited: May 28, 2020

5. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Hello, problem in 20.5.1 is because AMD has chagned one file name from 'atikmdag.sys' into 'amdkmdag.sys'
    Here is 0.2.9 beta1 which should fix this
    source code

Rambo, GamerBoyManuel16, OnnA and 2 others like this.
  6. Wizard of Vega

Wizard of Vega New Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
  7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Nice, works great again!