Terminator Resistance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DocStrangelove, Sep 20, 2019.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    New Gameplay Footage.

2. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Looks generic. Doesn't start off too well when you have a terminator, whose sole objective is to kill humans, and instead acts like a human movie villain by grabbing and throwing the protagonist instead of just shooting and killing him instantly. Maybe it was programmed to be very inefficient. How about a Terminator game where you play as a Terminator. Playing as Robert Patrick as the T-1000 would be cool. Something different.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Looks pretty decent tbh, although might get a bit boring if most of the time you only have those little ground bug terminators to shoot

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Yeah, it might be one of those "okay" games.

Which is fine to be honest.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Extraordinary likes this.

5. GameHaven66

GameHaven66 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 580 8GB
    i hope this game isn't awful.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nothing special but yeah looks playable.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The only thing that bothers me about it... the lack of a screen bob while he's walking.
    Otherwise, looks better then the new movie. :)

Undying and angelgraves13 like this.
  8. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    This would have been a great game..... back in 1999. ;p Not to mention the franchise has been literally beat to death. Too little.... too late. The only hope for it now, is if the Resistance can send the game back in time. Back to 1999.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  9. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

Do you enjoy motion sickness?

TheDeeGee likes this.
  10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've never gotten motion sickness from a game.

But something looks off while moving. Either the lack of screen bob, or how the weapon is animated.

Shataan likes this.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Looks as good as something like Metro Exodus, i'll get it.
    I'm already more interested by this game than by Death Stranding tbh.

Edit: Ok, i've now watched more than 2min. I might not get this game afterall - there's already a ton of great game i need to finish <.< The walking with handgun animation at 2:22 kinda killed it for me, especially after playing cod:mw

DocStrangelove and ramthegamer like this.
  12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Yeah looks like AA game wraped in AAA graphics,but the animations cannot be compared to a next gen game mechanics like COD MW

13. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    What "next gen game mechanics" does CoD have?

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Animations, gun animations, etc,it s better than bf5

15. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Those aren't mechanics. They're visuals. A mechanic would be leaning from corners, but that has been done in games from the early 2000s (just not in CoD).

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    The overall experience of the game is the sum of all those smaller decision, you can't really draw a line where "this feature really doesn't matter to the core experience" as everything as been finetuned iteration after iteration upon hundred hours of playtesting by a lot of people.
    The entire camera perspective of CoD:MW as very little to do with previous CoD:Game, the way they're using locomotion animations impacting the first person perspective makes the game almost feels like a "true first person" experience.
    Weapons animations has been done for years, but the balance between procedural animations, handcrafted animations, animations impacted by character locomotion, makes for an incredible balance in CoD:MW something we've never really experienced at this level before.

Playing BF5 last week-end after playing Cod:MW made me realize how DICE has been increasingly using procedural animations for weapons to the point of losing a lot of character, charm and identity.
    Let's not even mention weapon custmomization, DICE has gone completely rogue with their 'cosmetic only' approach, completely ditching BF3/BF4 in that regard.

Devils' Advocate, but CoD franchise has been taking lots of risks with jetpack and such, going back to the basics but at a level of polish never achieved before is still commendable and innovative.

17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Dark Fate is not a bad terminator movie.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Definitely a matter of opinion.
    I for one... think it is a bad Terminator film. But, some are blinded by Cameron's named being slapped on it (even though he was never once on set).

There's one great Terminator film (first one), one damn good film (T2) and one original, flawed, but still decent film (T: Salvation)... everything else is garbage. And Dark Fate... fits right in there with T3 and Genysis.

19. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Dark Fate is mostly equal in terms of garbage to Genysis, honestly. The Terminator franchise has two good movies in it (1 and 2), one unnecessary movie (T3), one more original, but overall not very good movie (Salvation) and two really bad ones.

As far as Cameron's name goes, people shouldn't immediately use it as a mark of quality. Ridley Scott also made Prometheus and Alien: Covenant, and those movies were far from being good (good to laugh at, maybe).

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Cameron hasn't made a good movie since True Lies.
    And, there were several reports/articles that even with his name plastered all over Dark Fate... he was never once on set.

cerebus23 and Shataan like this.