Terminator Resistance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DocStrangelove, Sep 20, 2019.

1. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    This doesn't look good. It does indeed feel like some of those b-grade FPSs from the early 2000s. Now, some of those did have charm, but this game will have to get really lucky for the devs to pull off any charm.

It will most likely and up being about as good as the latest Terminator movies (including the upcoming one) - total crap.

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    New Gameplay Footage.

3. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 XT OC
    Looks generic. Doesn't start off too well when you have a terminator, whose sole objective is to kill humans, and instead acts like a human movie villain by grabbing and throwing the protagonist instead of just shooting and killing him instantly. Maybe it was programmed to be very inefficient. How about a Terminator game where you play as a Terminator. Playing as Robert Patrick as the T-1000 would be cool. Something different.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Looks pretty decent tbh, although might get a bit boring if most of the time you only have those little ground bug terminators to shoot

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Yeah, it might be one of those "okay" games.

Which is fine to be honest.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Extraordinary likes this.
  6. GameHaven66

GameHaven66 Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 580 8GB
    i hope this game isn't awful.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Nothing special but yeah looks playable.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The only thing that bothers me about it... the lack of a screen bob while he's walking.
    Otherwise, looks better then the new movie. :)

Undying and angelgraves13 like this.
  9. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    This would have been a great game..... back in 1999. ;p Not to mention the franchise has been literally beat to death. Too little.... too late. The only hope for it now, is if the Resistance can send the game back in time. Back to 1999.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  10. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080

Do you enjoy motion sickness?

TheDeeGee likes this.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I've never gotten motion sickness from a game.

But something looks off while moving. Either the lack of screen bob, or how the weapon is animated.

Shataan likes this.
  12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Looks as good as something like Metro Exodus, i'll get it.
    I'm already more interested by this game than by Death Stranding tbh.

Edit: Ok, i've now watched more than 2min. I might not get this game afterall - there's already a ton of great game i need to finish <.< The walking with handgun animation at 2:22 kinda killed it for me, especially after playing cod:mw

DocStrangelove and ramthegamer like this.
  13. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Looks like a $30 game.

It’s a bit too scripted though...everyone dies but you...yet you take the same hits running away. Sigh.

XenthorX likes this.
  14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Yeah looks like AA game wraped in AAA graphics,but the animations cannot be compared to a next gen game mechanics like COD MW

15. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    What "next gen game mechanics" does CoD have?

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Animations, gun animations, etc,it s better than bf5

17. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Those aren't mechanics. They're visuals. A mechanic would be leaning from corners, but that has been done in games from the early 2000s (just not in CoD).

18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    The overall experience of the game is the sum of all those smaller decision, you can't really draw a line where "this feature really doesn't matter to the core experience" as everything as been finetuned iteration after iteration upon hundred hours of playtesting by a lot of people.
    The entire camera perspective of CoD:MW as very little to do with previous CoD:Game, the way they're using locomotion animations impacting the first person perspective makes the game almost feels like a "true first person" experience.
    Weapons animations has been done for years, but the balance between procedural animations, handcrafted animations, animations impacted by character locomotion, makes for an incredible balance in CoD:MW something we've never really experienced at this level before.

Playing BF5 last week-end after playing Cod:MW made me realize how DICE has been increasingly using procedural animations for weapons to the point of losing a lot of character, charm and identity.
    Let's not even mention weapon custmomization, DICE has gone completely rogue with their 'cosmetic only' approach, completely ditching BF3/BF4 in that regard.

Devils' Advocate, but CoD franchise has been taking lots of risks with jetpack and such, going back to the basics but at a level of polish never achieved before is still commendable and innovative.

19. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Dark Fate is not a bad terminator movie.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Definitely a matter of opinion.
    I for one... think it is a bad Terminator film. But, some are blinded by Cameron's named being slapped on it (even though he was never once on set).

There's one great Terminator film (first one), one damn good film (T2) and one original, flawed, but still decent film (T: Salvation)... everything else is garbage. And Dark Fate... fits right in there with T3 and Genysis.