[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS5 - BUILD 17763.107 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 20, 2018.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I opted out of the slow ring after the RS5 release. If you remain, does it continue updating with the next preview build?

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It will once skip ahead turns to fast ring again, you should be safe until public release of RS5

alanm likes this.
  3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  4. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Anyone else getting lots of these warnings in Event Viewer?

Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    my god, this black explorer theme is horribe, its unfinished lmao

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Its made for the under 18 crowd. :D

7. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I really like it but each to their own i suppose

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    No real issues as of yet, all works ok incl store apps. I didn't check eventlog xD

But how or where do I check this dark theme, when I selected dark theme in main modern settings menu, and then opened taskmanager it was still white?

edit:; ah stupid it was just explorer, uff yeah its weird, they could have easily use a bit lighter shade,same by modern settings, its just too black.. Light black would have been better.
    *Modern apps, like Store looks great in dark theme, just the right shade and that extra transparency looks good too.

And I have insider option disabled and so far it didn't redownload or change anything, it appears as RTM

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    eGGroLLiO likes this.
  9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Have they updated the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool with RS5?

10. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    Not yet..!

11. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    yep, haven't found the solution yet

12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Nah no worries. Both of them were already secure erased :D But the numbers don't correspond to any ports or anything. Before I did the installation, I actually checked which one was which by removing the 850 Pro's SATA cable. However, once I plugged the cable back, Windows changed the numbers AGAIN! Oh well, no big deal...

Regarding the build though, it seems well optimized and stable. The only bugs I've noticed so far is that my favorites hasn't been populated from syncing with Microsoft's servers. Everything else has been synced, but not that. Edge itself seems to have been significantly improved, particularly with input latency.

Also, the clockspeed bug is back in full effect. My CPU is overclocked to 4.2ghz, but it's capping out at 3.7ghz due to the microcode update that was in one of the Windows updates. Usually you should just be able to uninstall that particular update, but because it's already a part of 17763.1, I have no idea how to get rid of it :confused:

AsiJu likes this.
  13. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    You can disable all spectre and meltdown security patches using the inspectre utility after updating. The patch will remain on your disk but it will have 0 effect on performance or your OC.

14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Tried that already and even after Inspectre tool's disabling of the meltdown and spectre mitigations, my clockspeed is still stuck at 3.7ghz :(

I think I may just have to wait until they release a cumulative patch to fix the problem. There is already a workaround for this on the 1803 build, but none so far that I've seen for the 1809 builds.

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I have the fix for you my man...
    With RS4 you can either uninstall the offending KB or replace the mcupdate_genuineintel.dll located in Windows/System32 . RS5 is, concerning the mcupdate_genuineintel.dll that is updated with the carpy code, is integrated. So there is no KB to remove, to uninstall. The fix now is it take ownership of that file, rename or delete it and replace it with a version prior to the patch. I used the July version in SXS backup. Works perfect.
    Until there's a fix, this is how you get your OC back. Enjoy.

Edit...I also set the file to read only.

Maddness, fantaskarsef and Carfax like this.

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    You're a genius dude! It worked! ;):D

I just outright removed it to my desktop for now, and I'm sure it will be fixed in one of the CUs before 1809 RTM officially launches.

17. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    To answer a question I asked in another thread, NVidia has not released a WDDM 2.5 enabled driver at this time. I just checked dxdiag and it said I was running WDDM 2.4 with the latest 411.63 drivers. No idea whether AMD has released their version yet either, but more than likely both IHVs will release the new drivers close to the official launch of Windows 1809 RTM.

18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I can't take credit for it, it was posted in a different thread earlier. But spread it around. It is hit or miss who has it and some don't even know.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    My mind is not.

20. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    This annoying error "Event 1534, User Profile Service" appears 3-5 times a minute, I know it's harmless but still:mad: