Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Okay. I've gone through this thread thoroughly. The problems that're mostly observed while using AMD's Crimson drivers are:

1) Fluctuating core clocks while running GPU intensive 3D applications & games.

2) AMD's newly built Crimson control panel crashing on startup.

3) Overdrive settings and other changes made through the UI not being saved and is being reverted to default or a troublesome value upon restart.

4) Random artifacts observed in games that goes away when certain resolutions are used.

5) AMD promising a lot but yet again under delivering as usual, so what else is now? We know by now that this new QT GUI is nothing but a diversion which broke more things than it fixed.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  2. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    What he means is unless you unlocked overdrive by agreeing to the EULA or something, it remains locked.

3. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    After install/reinstall (DDU) this driver i manage to have no errors.No more cnext.exe crash.
    1st time and 2nd time of instalation install manager show me to install the light version of CCC.After 3rd time no more that option and now no more errors.

For Shader cache i make profiles for every game i play and put the option On(not Amd optim).

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    This sounds like a codec/acceloration problem if music plays fine.

5. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I have no clue if i did that, but seriously. There should be a way to disable it, because i don't want it. :p

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yes, thats what i mean. I cant even open it before i agree/accept, which i didnt. It means disabled by default.

7. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    We just wait 6 months for Amd to fix this driver.

I think this was the case with catalyst as well. But I only enabled OverDrive once, after that I had to uninstall Catalyst and reinstall it to restore OverDrive to default.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure if even reinstalling helped or not, because that was the time when I installed Win 10.

8. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I'm pretty sure you could disable overdrive by unchecking "enable overdrive" (I used the dutch version, so i'm not sure how it's called in english).

9. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Dunno... But I won't enable OverDrive :p

10. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    Hi,
    I'm using Freesync as well and zero problem for me with Crimson so far. The core clock is stable at 1040Mhz on Mad Max and Witcher 3. This is what I've done everytime I installed new driver.

1) Disable ULPS
    2) Set the Power Limit on Overdrive to Max +50%
    3) Use AB to disable the PowerPlay by selecting the Unofficial overclocking mode and select without PowerPlay support

***the only downside for this tweak is during video playback using SVP and MPC-HC it will lock at max core clock, so if you don't have good ventilation for your rig this might cause some problem***

FYI, I guess this time AMD introduce double frame for free sync or something like that in the loading screen on witcher 3 the FRAPS showing 28 frames but the monitor report exactly 56hz which is nice!!!

Try above see if it'll fix your problem or not, if it doesn't should report back to AMD.

Cheers!

11. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Nah, thats actually good, even the new Microsoft Office uses GPU drawn menu, so it shows MSI afterburner if you're in the office Beta and not the normal Office which is excluded in RTSS, simplay start Rivatuner add a new Profile name it cnext.exe and set detection to none :)

12. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Tomb Raider 15.11.1 vs Crimson

[​IMG]

Crimson
    [​IMG]

13. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    It's been documented by some users over at OC.

14. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    OC UK?

Do you have a link?

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm quite happy with the performance of Fallout 4 with these drivers..

The only negative for me is that it isn't remembering hide system tray icon.

16. Gapster

Gapster Guest

GPU:
    2xSapphire R9 290x Tri-x
    Y, but we have Legacy Crimson drivers for us: LINK
    And someone post that leaked beta driver has needed inf files for old card too.
    But i can't install them, black screen.

17. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
  18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Aah corruption. My clocks work fine 300/150 on desktop sometimes memory jumping up when surfing but ofcourse since hardware acceleration is on. Clocks fluctuate between 1000-1040 when gaming unless I use AB to force clocks to 1080 or something.

Is the clock bouncing only for Fury guys? I know they introduced way more aggressive power saving features maybe that is acting up?

Crimson software works really well.

But yeah noticed bit of artifacts when changing ammo in AW so that is the corruption everyone is getting. I wonder what triggers it, it seems to be rather small things.

Reported the display corruption among other things :)

19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I have had that happen on some earlier drivers this year. AB needing reinstall because I updated drivers.

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Do you remember that ugly artifacting sword hilt in Witcher 2? If it is anything like that it is due to shader doing some weird math.
    Maybe shader cache? Especially if it does for many users. People making shaders often make them like alchemy with trial error till it looks good to them. Unreal Engine has very good shader studio, but CoD AW, I do not think that engine has very good tooling.