Nvidia GeForce Hotfix Driver 350.05

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ital, Apr 3, 2015.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Nope, I still get flashing sand textures (sand/dust that blows across the map) on Dustbowel map only.

Also, shooting windows of cars the "break" texture also flashes as well.

I think this is an SLI issue, maybe the games engine is at fault but this never happens in other frostbite games.

2. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    There is a good reason I quoted Tj´s post because he has a very good eye for these sort of things. So do I. You on the other hand apparently need to rely on tools. If you accuse me and Tj of either lying or being wrong I do suggest you need to prove that, if you want to be taken seriously. You making bugreports to Nvidia doesn't really qualify for anything really. I also note that one of the alternatives you suggest is taking screenshots. This is probably because you know very little of how the brain handles visual information.

Also I really don't know why you are so mad, I'm just saying you are plain wrong, and not backing it up with anything. All I see is a lot of 'probably' and namedropping tbh.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ok this BS ends here, or infractions will be handed out.

4. James D

James D Member

GPU:
    GeForce 650m @1124MHz
    Some very useful info! gonna use it now for couple drivers and settings comparison. Always wondered how texture filtering affected look.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

5. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    You're welcome. :)
    But consider that it only shows texture filtering of D3D10/11.
    With D3D9 and older or OpenGL, results can be different. However, there should be no difference, apart from fixed LOD bias with D3D10+ HQ.

6. Headless Knight

Headless Knight Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    This driver has caused all kinds of issues on my 780 Ti. I got artifacts and crashes even at stock settings. Once I reverted back to 347.88 all the issues gone. Performance is worse too than 347.88. I hope 347.88 is not the last good driver for Kepler cards.

7. Sildur

Sildur Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 4GB (1555/7400)
    349.90 Runs great on my GTX770, yet it's a win10 driver. However there's hope I guess. :rolleyes:

8. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    For Maxwell, it seems to be fine. I'm experiencing absolutely no issues with my setup GTX 980, single DVI display (apart from ShadowPlay preventing downclocking when maximum performance power profile is chosen in a game profile, known problem).

9. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    what program do you use to overclock ?

10. Headless Knight

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    That card was always at its factory OC its entire life. It is a very crappy bin that doesn't overclock at all past its stock OC. So it is at it's factory overclock by EVGA, 1150MHz. Probably it wasn't even that stable at its factory OC to start with, but it started to show off more because the new drivers pushes it more . I hope this is the first and last driver does that, really hate to RMA, even if the chances are 99% higher to get a better binned chip from the RMA, lol.

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Did you try forcing lower AF levels to see if maybe these games just using some 2x or 4x or 8x AF instead of 16x?

"AF On/Off" or AF as a part of some "texture quality" setting isn't very informative usually. Most of games these days use AF but they use lower levels sometime or omit it for some textures.

Forcing AF from the driver you force all textures in a game to a selected AF level, removing what developers think is correct for what texture. Sometimes this works, sometimes it may produce shimmering or alter game's art direction significantly.

12. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    msi 780 ti game here. these run fine.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Same here on on my 780 @ custom bios OC boost 1150mhz, just played ACU for the first time and it ran smooth.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

No all those games had ingame 16xAF, but I disabled (set trilinear if its selectable) it and used driver 16xAF.

14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I'm curious if you will have a "game ready" driver planed for Project CARS which is due to release in mid-May?

15. Headless Knight

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    You guys make me nervous :(. I hope there is nothing wrong with my card. If anyone here with a GK110 card and willing to test Tomb Raider 2013 at 1080p max + 4x SSAA (in-game bench) . If there are any black lines appear after leaving the benchmark for a while (around 2-3 min)? Please do not close the bench screen by clicking OK for 2 minutes at least, and try to spot if there are any artifacts with this driver. BTW my card only artifact with 350.05 and doesn't with 347.88 WHQL. I think I spotted artifacts in The vanishing of Ethan Carter (Max 4k and no AA) but I am not very sure though.

16. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    for me every game smooth hehe tj

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Vs your old 670GTX or 770GTX I bet it is. :)

btw I thought you didnt have "enough" money to buy it now and congratz it should last for a while :nerd:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  18. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Don't be, it differes between manufactorers and possibly even between individual card from the same manufacturer. Just get a driver that works.

19. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Thank you! Oh, btw any beta or alpha driver a bit earlier?

20. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Why is it that my GTX 580's clocks are stuck at 2D clocks after alt-tabbing while playing games (which causes major lag and a drop of -75% fps)?

https://i.imgur.com/rFpybxj.jpg

I was later able to solve my problem by simply rebooting my computer.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015