Geforce GTX 770 Owners Club

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Slam, May 30, 2013.

1. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    Wow! 1333 on core? How's the temps on that?. I was thinking of getting the gaming version but I'm at a crossroads on going for gigabytes windforce oc, or the Asus direct cu2 or the msi gaming

2. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Here's one:
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6716575
    Could definately be more if only I was able to change voltages a bit ;)
    EDIT: will post temps later on. I think it's still under 80 degrees, but I can't remember for sure.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    You cant flash your bios for more voltage like a 680?

4. Rafael_Morales

Rafael_Morales Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Congratulations!
    Nice score!:thumbup:

5. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Haven't looked into that yet. My baby is only just over 4 days old :)
    I hope it's possible! Could you provide me with a proper link for that? I'd appreciate that.

I'm awaiting the OCing GTX 770 article Hilbert promised.
    Meanwhile, I found a thread on another well-known site about circumventing Afterburner voltage limits. Possibly a scam and it's definately not supported by Afterburner and/or MSI. So I'm reluctant to do that. But I do feel I should be able to change voltages for a cards which officially supports overclocking :p

6. Rafael_Morales

Rafael_Morales Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Sorry derail the topic, but it's hard to trust some reviews especially when VGA is new on the market.

I just test the Dirt Showdown the same way Anandtech.

Here the result:
    [​IMG]

Anand:
    [​IMG]

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
  8. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Thanks for the free game! ;)
    I'll definately look into this later tonight. Playing 'Remember me' and benching with higher CPU clocks will have to wait. Good thing it's raining outside.

EDIT: Kepler BIOS Tweaker isn't compatible yet... Seems like we'll have to wait for v1.26 with GTX 770 support.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  9. Ya Mother

Ya Mother Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX770 amp
    Got myself a Zotac gtx770 amp edition...... .got mine at 1180mhz gpu....1860mhz memory ....Boost 1232mhz.....standard is 1150mhz gpu....memory 1800mhz......boost 1202mhz....i could go higher but that will do me.....never touched the voltage.....temps playing bf3 on ultra 65c oc ....idle 29c :)

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Charts vary. Different cpu, ram etc. Also a couple of frames can be margin of error.

12. Lemonking

Lemonking Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4090 OC
    I just bought the MSI 770 Lighting with newegg's billmelater service how long do I have to wait to make a payment?
    it said the order was charged but when i login to paypal no balance is due???

just got off the phone I guess it won't show up in my paypal til Monday...I wanna get this **** paid off as soon as possible I feel bad enough for buying it in the first place lol.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  13. Waylander

Waylander Guest

Well, I've had mine since Monday, and it is awesome.
    I knew it'd be a huge improvement on the 460, but it's like playing different games. you think your old card is doing ok, getting decent framerates/gameplay etc, but I didn't realise just how much detail the old card simply wasn't doing.. lol

One question though, the card never seems to idle.. always sits at 1100, boost works fine, goes to 1202 (which is higher than it's meant to, and I haven't done anything to it)
    When I first installed it, it would drop to 300-400 when sitting on desktop, and sit at around 29-30 degrees, now it sits at 1100 and about 40 degrees. I've had a look through the settings and don't see anything.
    Anyone got any suggestions?

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Never planned on getting a 770 since my 660ti was doing just fine in all games. It was more of an impulse buy really. Only benefit its brought me is being able to turn up the settings in games like Crysis 3, FC3, Metro LL, TR. Not a lot of difference in visual impact of the higher settings, which makes me even more impressed with how good the 660ti was.

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    If anyone happens to get a 770 Classified, upload your LN2 bios please. I want to try flashing it.

16. Numb Nuts

Numb Nuts New Member

So what would you recommend,currently 660ti is approx 60% cheaper than a 770, looking to replace amd 4670 for something newer.
    Was considering an Asus 760 if anyone has Asus 770 any chance they could run some benchmarks with card running at 760 speeds particularly interested in effect on temps & fan noise if any.

17. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    Not an owner but wondering if i should upgrade to a 770 or just stick with my 660 (non ti) until the next gen comes out. i do plan on playing all the latest games when they come out, and the fact that i love splintercell games and they have that promo going on right now. what do you guys think?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  18. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    Well I've just recently got my 770 and it's everything ive read about good performance on 1080p only thing is that I have to put shadows down in some games like fc3 for it to be smooth 60fps constantly with low aa which isn't a big thing for me.

the 760 by its self will perform like a 660 and oc'd could get to the ti you'll have to sacrifice some settings though in big games.

Your 660 will hold off till the 9000 Radeon but if you don't like Radeon Maxwell will be around next year just have to ask yourself can you sacrifice graphical settings to get to Maxwell or do you have enough money to get the 770?.

Personally I'm gonna sell this 770 once Maxwell comes out and spend an extra 100-200$ on a 800 series. On a side note if you don't play alot of physx games the 9000 series Radeon will definitely be a great card to get :)

19. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    Thanks for the great input. I think from the sounds of it ill just till the next series. I do have the money now but regardless, $400 is $400 lol. Besides if current games are already requiring some settings be turned down, then I'm sure it will just be that much more behind when the next gen games start coming out. I've got the ftw sig version 2 so even though its not ti at least it's not stock. Thanks again :)

20. n9nu

n9nu Member

GPU:
    NV GeForce RTX 4090
    Last week I decided to buy the Gigabyte Windforce 770GTX OC 4GB model for $459.99 via Newegg...model: GV-N770OC-4GD. I upgraded from my eVga 670 SC 4GB w/backplate model which I bought just last November..lol.

I ran into some unexpected [yet welcomed] cash and decided to take the plunge. This is my first time owning a Gigabyte GPU as I usually stick with eVga due to their upgrade program, however, this card received excellent reviews and came with the Splinter Cell offer.

I notice a substantial FPS increase in the only game I have played with it so far; Max Payne 3. I have all the in-game settings for graphics & rendering maxed out..with MSAA x 4 enabled and can achieve 50 FPS+ most of the time, so I am more than happy. The 670 topped out at 38 or so with MSAA x 4.

I have noticed that there is a newer version of the GPU which is Revision 2.0. The only difference between Revision 1 and 2 is the power plug configuration. The newer 2.0 cards have two 8 pin Molex connecters versus the 6+8 combo for R1 cards.

Tim
    N9NU