Nvidia GeForce 310.54 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by [Arnold], Nov 12, 2012.

1. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    After a long time I played 2 matches in BF3 crash-free. I hope this gets fixed soon though, I don't want to pray for crash-free gaming experiences.

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Here you go ManuelG. This was a post I had made earlier. Thanks for checking in!

He's running Windows 8 Pro 64 bit. He Had the all in game options maxed out, and TXAA x4 on, no FXAA.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  3. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Check to make sure you received an SLI profile update from us yesterday. If so and still doesn't work, please let me know.

4. dmxdex

dmxdex Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470 0C.
    Is anyone else getting gpu squeal with these drivers?

A number of games causing a constant squeal when gaming.

5. medo3000

medo3000 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
    Windows Media Player is not compatible with optimus. Why ?

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NV Update installed something on the 15th. I played for 30 mins just a while ago and GPU 1 was at 100% while the second was at 15% (low 3d state). If it means anything the control panel correctly detects the zombies exe as "Black Ops 2" while the other two exes show their full path instead. I'll check if it is working in zombies later in the day.

7. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I'm having an issue where I freeze just after the countdown finishes (just before the game would start to load). It only started happening after installing these drivers.

(Black Ops 2)

8. Varna

Varna Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    Considering all the issues the game has on higher end Kepler hardware and I don't think they would release a better driver set for it and not mention a thing.

On my end it's the same. 690GTX constantly downclocks and drops below 60 FPS with or without SLI enabled. I understand the nature of mmos and zerg fest will never have consistent frame-rate but my frames are all over the place even just viewing certain scenery.

Still getting the odd flickering with SLI enabled. That's been around since beta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1GyPSqTNHA

I managed to eliminate the stuttering by setting shadows to high and reflections to medium. Game is a slide show when turning the camera with those options at max.

9. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Had same issue, set to AFR2, all is well now.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @AndyB and ManualG - I've just noticed that I had a profile update yesterday and it again show the useless and generic description of "This improves performance, stability, or feature set for programs and games". It does not detail EXACTLY what games or programs have been updated. After doing a compare between an export profiled in TXT format and a backup from before this update was applied, I found that it was an update for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, adding a SLI flag to it.

I've asked this twice before to no avail but is it really so difficult to list the games/programs that are updated when we click on Details under the NVIDIA Update system tray app? AMD manage it just fine with their Catalyst Application Profile updates so surely NVIDIA can? Something along the lines of Call of Duty: Black Ops II - SLI profile updated, Diablo III - Antialiasing flag added, Guild Wars 2 - Ambient occlusion flag updated, Game XXXX added, etc., etc.would be great.

The reason it annoys me that you don't list what games/programs are updated is because I (and many others, I'm sure) often use NVIDIA Inspector to set our own SLI and AA flags while we're waiting for the official ones. These override the defaults unless you reset the flags in NVIDIA Inspector for that specific game meaning that we may be unaware that the game has even been updated with better flags at all unless we tediously wade through a before and after profile using Notepad++'s Compare feature (which is what I currently have to do). If I knew what games had been updated/added then it would be far easier to check each one to ensure we have the latest updates. Even if people don't use custom flags, it is still useful to see which programs and games have actually had profiles updated/added.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012

11. asphalt

asphalt Guest

GPU:
    (2) Titan X Pascals

I am also having this same issue. Where can I find the SLI profile update?

12. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Judging by the graphical quality those settings offer, I'd expect them to be very, very demanding when maxed. The reflections are pretty much perfect. It's funny that I seem to have very few problems with my single GTX 670@2600MHz though (except for WvW, but that's something ANet has to fix).

13. awesome new drivers.. like it and will keep it :)

14. xm8z

xm8z Guest

GPU:
    TBA

http://postimage.org/image/44ylk9p5t/

Anyone have solution to this bug exist since (304.48 till 310.54 beta and continue ) (only happening to all r304,r306 & r310 branches ) only BF3 exclusive

Maximum pre- render frame = 1,2,3,....8 cause this specific issue

except Maximum pre-render frame = Use the 3D app setting is stable .... :3eyes:

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Anyone noticed Vsync stuttering?

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Why not one word on BF3 crashes? They aere very random, for people...it can happen after a few hours straight playing, or sooner...

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Maybe because Battlefield has its own share of problems anyhow?

18. Gattsu4

Gattsu4 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    This is true, but the game (for many) did not crash using other drivers.

19. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Be nice if they'd put out a new SLI profile for World Of Tanks. With the 8.0 update, WoT completely changed the graphics and physics engine, so the old SLI profile is out of date.

20. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are currently still investigating the BF3 crashes.