BF3 artifacts with 306.97WHQL & 310.54beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Gattsu4, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Gattsu4

Gattsu4 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    This is the only game that shows artifacts, after a random interval of time.

Any way to fix it?

2. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    It's been a long time since I played BF3. But does the artifact show with 310.33 ??

3. Gattsu4

Gattsu4 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I haven't tried, should I? 306.97 were the first drivers I ever installed, and the 310.33 were the second ones. I'll try 306.23 right now and report back.

4. angmar

angmar Guest

i'm not trying to insult your intelligence or anything but humor me is your card overclocked or anything....just trying to figure out why your artifacting. Also does it do this in any other gpu intensive games or do you not play any other then bf3.

5. Gattsu4

Gattsu4 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    No problem, I didn't really expect anyone to be able to read my mind and I haven't provided much info.

No other games do it. I've tried a few, such as crysis, devil may cry 4 (something like 6 hours straight, even), Stalker COP, Vampire bloodlines, and the Heaven benchmark (left for a few cycles). No games show any problems whatsoever.

I also have the MSI power edition, which comes overclocked by default, but I haven't touched any settings. In fact, I did try overclocking it for fun (just +80/+200MHz) and it worked, but wasn't worth it, so I set to to default.

Temps are usually around 30ºC idle and up to 80ºC in load.

This is what it looks like, too:
    [​IMG]

I only have mesh quality on ultra.

6. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    I've never seen texture problems like that in BF3. Do the textures look like this all the time or does it only happen after playing for a little while?

I'd almost guess your game install is corrupted, have you tried to reinstall it?

7. Gattsu4

Gattsu4 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    It's artifacts because it's always random. This didn't happen with my 5870, and I haven't touched my game folder since then. Can happen in the first 20 minutes or not at all for hours.

[​IMG]

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    If you OC, lower your vram OC.

9. xm8z

xm8z Guest

GPU:
    TBA

are u using Max pre-render ahead limit value = 1 or more from nvidia control panel for the game profile ???? for me thts the main culprit :bang:

this issue started for me with driver 304.48 still continues 310.54 beta and drivers prior to 304.48 works fine :)

10. Gattsu4

Gattsu4 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Yes, in fact, I did use it on 1. I'll try again in the following days and tweak that setting.

11. xm8z

xm8z Guest

GPU:
    TBA
    http://postimage.org/image/44ylk9p5t/

Anyone have solution to this bug exist since (304.48 till 310.54 beta and continue ) (only happening to all r304,r306 & r310 branches ) only BF3 exclusive

Maximum pre- render frame = 1,2,3,....8 cause this specific issue

except Maximum pre-render frame = Use the 3D app setting is stable .... :3eyes:

12. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    What graphic settings do you use in game? Also NVIDIA Control Panel (if you are using any overrides)?

13. Gattsu4

Gattsu4 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670

Settings (except that I used a fixed # of pre-rendered frames before):

[​IMG]

14. xm8z

xm8z Guest

GPU:
    TBA

here is my nvidia settings ManuelG : http://postimage.org/image/qxggnd5kt/

ingame no AA or AF all low settings 1680x1050 , fov = 90 i play the game for competitive purpose !

to be honest with this issue started since 304.48 still continues :bang:

its bf3 exclusive , no problem with other games even if i set max pre render valueto 1 or more :3eyes:

its max pre render issue with bf3 and driver 304.48 and above please fix it , u know how long m waiting ^^ since 304.48 till 310.70 :bang:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  15. xm8z

xm8z Guest

GPU:
    TBA
    with same ingame settings and nvidia drivers settings r301 worked fine ....drivers like 301.42 or previous drivers....

16. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800 XT
    @gattsu, disable colour-blind support and try again.