Tom Clancy's The Division

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 30, 2016.

1. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Nopes, no crashes here :)

2. Thanks, I haven't tried the latest .36 drivers yet so maybe will give them a shot.

Also the crashes seem to be preceded by clear server desync issues like glitching NPCs, more often than not. So likely the usual server connection lost issue just without the ingame error...

EDIT: no go, the game is crashing constantly and now I even got a BSOD pointing to nvlddmkm.sys with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

No issues with other games I'm aware of but need to check it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2017
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I played with 382.xx and it was ok.. From what I saw IRQ less or equal in general seems to be cpu or system ram OC stability issue.

What code was it, 0x50 or 0x1A?

4. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Downloading now to try it as it's F2P, always wanted to give it a proper go.

5. Can't recall the code, but just to be sure I once more reset UEFI to defaults, powered down completely, and retried with stock settings. Reset GPU overclock too as Division stresses way more GPU than CPU anyhow.

Sure enough got CTDs again. The BSOD could have been due to memory OC I suppose but eg. MemTest and SuperPI passed just fine though.

I have no issues in other games so I guess this may have something to do with W10 CU+NV GPU+Ryzen CPU+Division (1.6.1) combination.

Anyhow actually glad it seems to be the game and not something else causing the crashes.
    Guess I'll need to wait for v 1.7 unless some workaround presents itself. At current state the game is unplayable.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2017
  6. Follow-up:

it may be that deleting all config files helped, at least the game didn't crash for around 1 hour now.

My playing was interrupted by a power outage though this time... argh! Typing from my phone...

(Sorry ToyTen, if my game isn't crashing then our power grid is failing... must be them Rikers :p)

7. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    it's gotta be

8. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I'm about 7 hours into the free trial, level 10 I think. I've just been doing all the missions on a per safe house basis. So far it's good and I'm enjoying it. Performance has been great, 70fps without dips using Fast Sync with most settings cranked up at 1080p. I will definitely be buying this, only the standard edition due to £££ but hopefully that'll give me plenty to do. I still feel very lost but I'm learning.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    If you decide to buy expansions, go for Last Stand and Survival, don't bother with Underground.

10. Depends on what you like to do IMO. If you do PvP then Survival/Last Stand but if you prefer PvE then Underground/Survival.

I've actually played UG again lately, not much to gain from it anymore but I like doing quick ops on challenging every now and then.

Still haven't gotten properly into Survival but after taking a break from the game (and if the game indeed stopped crashing) I might give Survival more attention for variety's sake.

EDIT F**K! Still crashing. Based on Division forums I'm not the only one either having this issue.
    Yeah, uninstall until 1.7 I think.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017

11. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I ended up buying the Gold Edition, the 20% off coupon stacked with the sale price when it's not supposed to, saving me another £6 and bringing the total to only £22 for everything.

I'm 12 hours in and really loving the game, my main is level 15 which I'm playing solo, I also have a level 10 alt which I'm playing duo with my friend, both solo and duo have been very enjoyable for different reasons. Honestly the game is great, just really fun and well made with a ton of content, I'm probably looking at 30+ hours just to reach max level and do all the main content, then there's all the DLC, PvP and farming the best gear.

Playing the game now it's hard to see why it received any hate at all, it's a really good game, I guess it must have been really awful at one point because in its current state there's very little to pick fault with, at least nothing I've run into yet. I will be playing this for a long time, it should hold me over until Destiny 2.

12. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Do people still play The Division?

13. StarvinMarvinDK

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Do people still comment on this due to active forums and discussions ???

:D

[​IMG]

14. StarvinMarvinDK

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Fix this **** and get back in the game bro :D

15. Well I've clocked around 330 hrs so far... and I know people from this forum who have a lot more!

The game has vastly improved with patches. I started playing with version 1.3 and while that already was better than release state, a lot got fixed by 1.4 and on.

So yeah the hate is largely due to the release state and content/balancing.

I would if I knew how, believe you me :D

I guess there could still be some recurring server issue as when I reinstalled the game I was able to play without issues for a while.

Then UPlay was down one day and after that it's been a crashfest. The game will crash if the connection is lost but it doesn't always give the Delta or Mike or whatever error.

Just the Ubisoft "Oh no, it crashed!" which makes me wanna fly to Montreal or wherever and choke someone! :mad4:

16. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GA RTX 4090 G.OC
    Only 330 hours, thought that have ~1000, I count almost 1300 so far.

Game is highly addicted but it surely has it's cons..

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    If i remember correctly 1.5 changed a lot, i would say that is the state game should have been released. Its been fun since, think ive got about 120ish hours. Not even played latest DLC tho, which is a shame! Need more hours in a day!

18. For me the main con is stability, had issues with my Intel build too. The occassional crash is acceptable given the always online nature of the game but clearly there are kinks left.

I have a mobile Internet connection so not the best but I have very rarely any connection issues and it's a 100 Mbit 4G connection giving around 50-60 Mbit peak and 30-40 average so it's solid.

Ping varies between 30-50 ms iirc so no problems there either. Well ping to ISP server, obviously ping to eg. Uplay is different but still.

19. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GA RTX 4090 G.OC
    For me -now- the worst thing(s) is deadeye and ****ty fake cheating balls named seekers...

20. [​IMG]

Uninstalled Division, uninstalled UPlay... f**k this s**t

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2017