The Witcher 3 - GTX 780Ti Could Push 35-45 FPS At Max?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    He kinda has a point in that advertising dual gpu single cards with the ram per gpu combined is very misleading :)

2. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    I disagree, all the specs tell you is exactly what is on the card not how it interacts in the system. If someone doesn't know the basics of dual GPU setups that it's split 50/50 per GPU then really they shouldn't even be thinking about SLI/Xfire as they are unlikely to be able to solve even basic issues.

It's only misleading to people with more money than sense who think bigger numbers a newer is always better at which point I think it's fair game.

3. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Does this mean its gonna run like crap on my 7850?

4. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    Maybe there are too many stupid people out there. If i had a dollar for every person I've encountered who had a 690 and thought the 4gig memory was shared I could go out to dinner for free.

5. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    It's somehow a little disappointing to see that anno 2014 and the internet/google/wikipedia etc era and we still discuss the basics of multi-gpu.

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    ^This 100%

7. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I was going to say you could buy another 7970 but maybe i over estimated the number of people..or the restaurant your eating at :)

8. Rage

Rage Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 2GB
    I'm sorry, but where can I find a 780ti for $550?

9. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    I just don't understand how so many people buy expensive things without even a modicum of research. For me 1/2 the fun of buying things is the research leading up to it, the part where money leaves my bank, not so much!

Although I'm pretty OTT as if it's an area I have no idea about I spend months reading about technology, reviews, user feedback etc. until I feel I know everything about it.

There really is no excuse beyond pure an utter laziness, you can literally find a guide to almost anything on the internet these days that even a child could understand.

What makes me laugh is when people take the time to ask a question and wait for the response to something they could have found in a few seconds on google :bang:.

10. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    LOL. Not that much... Though. ..

I had a friend that said the 690 didn't have enough ram at "4gig"... I laughed, yes "4gig"... So he instead bought 3 X 680s so he then had "6gig"... I thought it was a joke till he showed me. I nearly wet my pants laughing while explaining his error. Not that you would have been able to tell from the rivers of tears of laughter coming from my eyes. After I managed to compose myself I asked why he didn't buy 2 X 4gig 680s he looked me dead in the eye and said (without flinching) "8gig VGA ram is overkill for a 1080p monitor, 6gig is the sweet spot" My face hurt so bad from laughing non stop for the rest of the day.

Later it turned out his motherboard only supported 2 way SLI. He will NEVER live it down. He's a bit more tech savvy now and asks questions before hitting the buy button. But FML.

11. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    I am the same with researching stuff. I love it when people ask a most basic question in a forum that can easily be answered by Google in a few seconds yet instead they will wait hours for a reply.

12. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Damn..he went through all that and his Mobo didn't even support three way SLi? Jebus...don't get me wrong i've made some impulse buys in my time and everyone has their days, but damn. Depending on when he bought all this those 680s could be worth anywhere from 900-1500$.

13. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    I don't think I'm going to have to upgrade for along time:) no aa single monitor at 1080p. The games are really just starting to come out that make this rig worth it. I can max titan fall out with a single card. Only crysis 3 has pushed both my cards to 95% usage.

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    The entire post was cringe worthy I saw nothing factual in there.

15. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Will Steam be involved at all with The Witcher 3?
    They weren't involved with The Witcher and The Witcher 2.
    That's why I bought them.
    Would just like a little clarification in this matter.

16. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Me too. I'm not even considering an upgrade until dx12 becomes relevant and broadly utilized.

edit:

Like others have said, since there are already plenty of games that bring top end cards to their knees with max AA, this isn't especially surprising news.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  17. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    You can purchase Witcher1 and Witcher2 and you probably will be able to get Witcher3 on steam.

Will Witcher 3 require steam to be played? probably no.

18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    lolwut....

[​IMG]

19. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Thanks for your reply, sverek.
    In that case, I should be able to go into my local branch of GAME when The Witcher 3 is released and load it up without having to bother about any Steam registration.
    Would be a real pity if CD Projekt Red fell by the wayside.

20. Yopfraise

Yopfraise Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    The real questions about these performance & fps are :

Is it 40fps indoor or outdoor ? Wide area or not ?
    Did they put Ubersampling(SSAA4X) on it along with the 8XMSAA or not ?

Because Ubersampling is still the biggest gpu killer today, among all the games i have seen so far.