The Guru3D S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Thread #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    just wait till you get a rifle :p

2. Davo9

Davo9 Banned

GPU:
    4850 1 gig
    I found one...lol.

3. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    No offense but you are a rookie.
    Stalker is not a game that picks you up by the hand and let you walk trough the game.You got to put some effort into it,especially early game.
    Try to get these guns and armor and life in the Zone is a lot easier.
    [​IMG]

I have no problems putting human enenies down with one shot:biggun:

Just try it,maybe you got lucky like me and you will have a crash/bug free game:)
    The faction wars is pretty stable now,at least for me.I was a loner for a long time and just joined up with the Duty to kick some Freedoms butt.

4. Davo9

Davo9 Banned

GPU:
    4850 1 gig
    No offense but you're full of **** and another hardcore gaming hero trying to act like a big man.
    I've played FPSers since the original Doom and own over 30 games on disc and none of them are as "f..ked up" hit detection wise like Stalker.

Quit making excuses for the shody programing aka as being honest and being a real man.

People can't take 3 close range shotgun blasts FFS.

5. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Don't even bother with the shotgun in this game, the shotty just plain stinks I can pump 5-6 slugs into guys watching the blood spew and they won't go down. Sell your shotgun and ammo, get $240 as fast as possible and purchase the two accuracy upgrades for your pistol, after that go for headshots (you'll want to use crouch + rclick aim). The starter pistol is better than any shotgun in the game.

This game is all about headshots from behind cover.

6. NN1T1NN

NN1T1NN Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 280 (700/1200)
    alright i have set everything to max on dx9 and get about 30fps, is that normal or should it be higher, i want to play this game at a pretty decent image quality settings. Thanks for any information.

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    One tip for ya: don't take everything so personal ;)

But he is somehow right, this game needs more effort then the average games. This is something me and alot of other people that played games competitively like about this game as an SP.

I've played FPS's since the original Doom, Duke Nukem, etc and I've played in the Belgium Nation team on Clanbase for Sof2 and since I started playing loads of MP's on quite a decent skill level I find alot of SP's boring because they're not challenging enough and this is where stalker comes in: "A nice balance between a challenge and playability", something I rarely see in new games nowadays.

Another game that offered this was DooM³, if you played it on nightmare :p However it was different then stalker, shooting a monster is easy, even on nightmare, but having only 25 hp, you were forced to dodge everything perfectly because 1 shot would kill you.

@NN1T1NN, that doesn't sound right, I get the same fps with the same settings. Try lowering some of the sun/ssao options, the difference is quite marginal in IQ but the fps sure is alot better. Or turn down AntiAliasing, it barely does anything in this game anyways.

And like I said in the PM: Shotguns are indeed fubar in this game, they're ment for use against mutants not stalkers. Use the pistol until you get a MP5 (viper) or AK.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  8. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    Turn it to DX10, if you want quality its the best possible, i play all max settings, plus AA 2X and get around 30 FPS, you should get something similar.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I think he's using XP, not sure though. Btw why does everyone have these huge loadouts, this is all I need in the zone:

[​IMG]

And for looting purposses I have the extra weight artifact :p My artifacts I just swap out according to what the situation demands.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  10. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    Ah ok, but running Vista thats my video settings with the GTX 280, at 1680 x 1050, very smooth gameplay btw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. NN1T1NN

NN1T1NN Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 280 (700/1200)
    yeah i use xp, my options doesn't have the drop down like that for aa it has a slider, anyways i guess i will go tinker with it a little and see if i can get a smooth playability with some good image quality.

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    remember, if u don't use DX10, AA = pretty much useless ;)
    SSAO, Sun Rays and Sun Quality are the real performance killers.

13. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get the stalker faction out of the red once it's in there?

I joined Bandits , finished them up for my gun & then went freedom which boosted my stalker rating out of the red, but I had to kill a few stalkers and went a notch in the red in red forest.

I've tried wiping out bandit base but that didn't seem to move it.

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Not being in the opposing squad and not attacking any off them, for a long long while.

15. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Hmmz nice, currently playing Shadow of Chernobyl with OL mod though. What I would like actually is a mod that combines the 2 games. I like the artifacts/suit/repair/mod/slightly more expanded maps and new routes to go from map to map/faction wars in CS but I prefer the atmosphere and bigger variety in levels of ShoC.

17. Mr.StanleyDudek

Mr.StanleyDudek Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD 3870 X2 1GB
    ^THIS, for the love of...

18. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
  19. XLR8R

XLR8R Member

GPU:
    Asus/6870/1024mb gddr5
  20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Have they not fixed the missing camouflage netting, barbed wire etc... on ATi cards yet.