PS4 Hardware.

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Strikerx80, Nov 17, 2012.

1. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    ^ Sounds like a big legal mess with Immersion, but I agree that its not a bad idea to scrap the shock and come up with something new. I didn't realize its been 16 years with that thing!

2. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
  3. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Saw that some time ago on IGN. I like Sony's choice of 4GB GDDR5. Seeing what they can do with only 512MB ( 256MB gddr3 video, 256 XDRAM ), I can only imagine what they'll achieve with 4GB of fast gDDR5 memory.
    8 Gigs of DDR3 ( 3 reserved for the system ) doesn't seem as good. Definitely an upgrade in capacity over 360, but it can hardly come close to gddr5 in speed.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Easy.....make users enter a CDKey when they first load the game into their console. That CDKey will be directly tied to your account. Without the CDKey being entered, you will never be able to play the game.

Sure there are ways around it but this would be an incredibly easy thing to incorporate into the console and PC gamers have been dealing with it for years.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Yeah that was pointed out earlier :) Even though some later news already throws that list out of accuracy (in that the units will ship with an AMD Jaguar CPU), the dev kit is a good example of what the power of the final machine may be like.

It is a dev kit afterall, so if developers make a game that pushes the dev kit to it's limits in terms of CPU, memory, and video card, they would be extremely pissed off if the final product were slower and they'd have to cut back the game. Using that hypothesis, you could argue the dev unit is actually lower performing than the final unit, so it is quite impressive :) Of course, it doesn't state the processing capability of the GPU, only that it is a HD8xxx based (may be a specially designed one similar to one of the GPU's in the HD8000 lineup). At a guess, I would say it's a GCN2 based GPU, so at least an HD87xx equivalent. This HD87xx equivalent is also in line with the suggestion that the GPU can do more than 1 Teraflop, seeing as the HD86xx and below are entry level GPU's and the HD8670 is already listed as having 768 Gflops (so likely to be either HD8740 or HD8760, probably the latter).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
  7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Basically at last we can log in with more than 1 account at a time, which is all the ps3 can do at present........silly system to be honust........just means if your playing say a Tiger woods games on the ps3 only one account gets the trophys.......now the ps4 is catching up with 360 features.

Now if it gets some form of game chat in and out of game, and manages to keep online free....well that's going to be a whole new ball game next time round.

I will be standing on the side lines next time waiting to see whats what, bugger jumping on that launch bandwagon again......just to bloody expensive in the long run. lol

8. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    It is VERY unlikely a 8000 series GPU would be used, for no other reason then uncertain performance, yields, profit margins, uncertain thermals, or the fact that it hasn't even been produced yet. A higher tier 7000 series is FAR more likely, and thats what the majority of sources are reporting.

9. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    If Sony does this, they will never see a dime of mine ever again. Frankly this idea would be suicide for them. Someone, if this real at all is smoking some bad ****.

10. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

11. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    yeah maybe an official announcment on ps4. like a release date. then they can actually show it off at E3

12. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    My only concern is that they are using Bulldozer cores in the dev kits. I hope those are running faster than 1.6 GHz... Probably are since the CPU is rumored to use AMDs new Jaguar cores.

As said in many places. The odds of the GPU being based on GCN2 is highly unlikely. Those GPUs might even be delayed on the PC side of things until this fall.

13. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
  14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Being more powerful and easier to develop for bodes well for Sony, but locking out used games bodes well for MS as publishers will favour the Xbox meaning better versions of the game and more chance of MS exclusive games.

As I said in the other thread, I don't see one doing that and the other not though.

15. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    If this is true then next gen I will supporting Sony. Especially since they don't have a great deal of money and their stock is considered 'junk' status (including Panasonic) :(

Always support the underdog especially if they are the better deal and are willing to try harder this time.

16. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
  17. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    8 GB of GDDR5 memory... nice.

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Arent 3GB of that dedicated to the os and what not?

19. Vardant

Vardant Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    The memory is shared and there will be some part always taken up by the OS, but 3GB would be too much. I'd be surprised, if it takes up even 1GB.

The PS3 OS takes up 50MB for example.

20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    nice cpu, I like your style lol. =)