*NEW* anime thread v2.0

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Loophole35, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    I really did enjoy Code Geass after buying the first series on a whim... then frantically searching for the second series since it was so epic. 6 months later Manga UK release them on Bluray :bang: .

I really want Berserk Movie 3 to be released in the UK, having loved the series and enjoying the film adaptations (although sometimes the 3D animation can be a little off putting) having to wait for the part that probably shocked/surprised me more than any other series I've seen is just too much :bawl:

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The third Berzerk movie is much better on the CG modeling. Watched it already hope they start the black swordsman arc. (BTW the eclipse scene is very disturbing I loved it.)

3. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)

Glad to hear it. I did notice the animation was better in the the Battle for Doldrey compared to the Egg of the King, and yes I really hope they continue with the other story Arc's. I would read the manga's since I've got books 1-6 but 7-9 are out of print and people are selling them for crazy prices. It just doesn't feel right to simply miss them out though and buy the others :(

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    learn to get comfortable with the nudity :eek: I watch Free just fine, DxD wasn't my cup of tea tho at all. Else if the series is borderline hentai it doesn't bother a bit really :eek: it's just nudity :D

5. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Now while I haven't seen this series It's quite a good point to note. There is a good selection of nudity free anime out there but there are shows which try to get boobs and underwear into every other scene and at first it can be quite off putting. After a while though you just get used to it and accept it for what it is or simply ignore it.

6. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Dragon Ball Z: Kami to Kami, movie where
    Vegeta is stronger than Goku, there is no evil villain and Goku lost to a fight, twice. Ending opens up possibilities for a new series/movie (where DB GT prolly never existed)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  7. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I quite enjoyed it. I'll always have a soft spot for Dragon Ball. Maybe not so much GT but the first two.
    Vegeta surpasses Goku until the final fight, at which point Goku somehow has his regular SSJ power levels boosted after using God mode. Although Vegeta going nuts was still the high point of the movie imo.

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    It was really awesome indeed :eek: Enjoyed that movie more then DB in general actually.

9. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Well:
    Yep Bejita going berserk along with its BG music was the awesome part for me as well (cancels the embarrasing part where he was forced to Entertain Birusu lel), Bejita did it by himself while Goku needed to be "imbued" by the others before he could attain it, also lelz at Videl's unborn saiyajin kid

It was the series that got me to anime, except i never really watched GT, just fragments, never really liked it.

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'd love to see a spin off anime that focused on Vegeta. He's arguably my favourite character in DBZ outside of teen Gohan, who sadly went down hill after the Cell saga. He was becoming a royal badass up until the time skip. I really do hope we get a new series in the future with the potential leads the movie gave.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Well seeing as Kai leaves off at cell games then this movie (which I have not watched yet) I hope they get a new series going as I would watch it.

12. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    From what I understand, Gohan was supposed to take over from Goku. Things were changed due to the overwhelming popularity of Goku. A damn shame, in my opinion. I mean.. Gohan was ****ing amazing. alas, the movie is set after the Buu saga and is apparently cannon.

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I've watched up to Goku summoning Shenlong so I realized that it was after Buu and in assuming Videll is pregnant with Pan oh well I was hoping that the Buu saga was a bad dream.

14. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Haha Bejita has been my fav character too ever since i saw DB (even when he's still the enemy), ruthless and aggressive.
    Made me play some ol DBZ games after watching the movie (and recorded a recent gameplay video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gX1celAamE )

The author seems to apparently only have written/planned the series up to Frieza Saga but due to its popularity, they pushed it up to Buu.

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Looking forward to Log Horizon!

Just finished Death Note, the end was kind of confusing and pretty much what i expected it to be. :(

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Okay so watching the new DBZ movie has made me rekindle my love for DBZ watch Kai now.

BTW only 1 more EP of Attack on Titan :(

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Lots of new anime, Coppelion, Toaru Kaoaku no Railgun, Infinite Stratos 2, Kill la Kill i can go on and on. :D

Coppelion is pretty good! Very interesting story.

And Legend of Korra seems very populair, i've never heard of it, very excited to watch the first season.

18. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    Mushibugyou
    Hunter vs hunter 2013

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  19. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    Bleach for me is the best can't wait for the anime to resume !

20. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    It start slow and wimpy but don't let it fool ya!it is awesome in its own right!