NeverWinter Dungeons and Dragons free to play MMO

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DeathDealer175, Apr 13, 2013.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    there's no rush. the game seems really busy atm anyway. but once you get in, the servers seem to be pretty stable, which is a good thing. Keep your opinions coming guys.

2. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    One hour of this:

[​IMG]

3. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I bought the $60 pack so have had access for some days now. Its a fun game, the combat mechanics are fun, has rag doll physics. Hopefully it is fun in the long run, Im only lvl 7 so far.

Really the only thing that bothers me, is you have to tweak the heck out of the game for it to not look like a jaggy filled blurry mess. Once tweaked it looks pretty sweet.

Its best to turn off the in-game AA as it blurs everything severely. For Nvidia people either use forced FXAA or open Nvidia Inspector and use the Antialiasing compatibility value 0x004012C1. It seems to look and perform best with 4x MSAA + 4x Supersampling. One problem is Transparency Supersampling seems to not fully work without turning shadows to low in-game. You can also experiment with turning bloom on or off, I think it adds additional blur.

4. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    The client download speed is just hellish remember that in the NVidia giveaway it was bad I would at lest hit 200KB/s if I was lucky now its 64.0KB/s

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    How long we are going to see this queue. Damn. I better keep playing gw2 until they improve this.

6. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Now that its gone open beta I can't log in lol, Q is going nuts.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Like I said, ignore what the queue position says. I was queuing last night, it was jumping up and down, then I went from queue position 6xxx to in-game in an instant. Anyone got this working with SweetFX? I didn't want to log out last night to tinker with it because of the queuing. Also any AA tips for AMD cards? Will play more today, so far so good.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    eclap, they dont put PRIORITY to paid customers right? like happens in BF3 premium.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    They do. But it's not too bad really, queues are ok.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I have two accounts. And I have no idea which one is paid and which not. Their Web site is useless. I can't see a section for my starter pack belongs to which account. Damn

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hows it Eclap? not as bad as the last MMO we tried? Dragon Prophet or whatever it was called?

12. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Try play around with forcing AA in catalyst I guess (FSAA might work I think). Haven't tried Sweetfx myself as the sharpness increases nicely once you force AA and turned off in-game AA. I generally only use Sweetfx for the sharpness effect, because I don't like how it messes with the original colour palette of games.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I only use SweetFX for a touch of sharpening and SMAA. I'll mess with AA and SweetFX in a bit. Didn't see an AA setting in game menu btw. Is there an advanced settings I missed?

14. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Its there, has a max of 8x. Might have to click on some tabs to expand and get the extra settings.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yes mate, from what I've seen it's much better. Combat is fun too.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ah, found it. Cheeky little checkbox for advanced settings. Can't login atm, connection to login servers is timing out :(

edit: nvm, seems like the servers are down till 7pm uk time. although they might be up earlier. gutted. want to play!!!

edit2: to get sweetfx working you have to copy the files to the Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live folder, where GameClient.exe is located.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  17. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Game also supports DX11, its in the troubleshooting options.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    thanks for the tip mate, found it! there is indeed a lot of settings to play with, most I've seen in a game in ages. lovely. now I just want to play. I have maxed a lot of the sliders out, sliders that were only half way when I played yesterday.

So compared to what I saw on the screen I'll have more AA (8x), SweetFX, DX11, better textures, particles, view distance etc. oooh, excited, I want to play now! :)

19. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This is the Star Trek Online/Champions Online engine. So any nvidia inspector/sli settings use those.

20. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Thx, didn't notice that, it was hiding.