MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 3 (2011-05-08)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, May 8, 2011.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Hope that I've nailed down and fixed the issue, which could lead to vertex buffer corruption and flickering raster font. Please give new OSD server beta a try:

http://nl.guru3d.com/afterburner/RTSS421b2.rar

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  2. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Tested and flickering issue is fixed.

3. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Tested the beta2 and the font flickering(Raster3D) in COD 5 is gone !!
    Tested other games , Fifa 11 , Lara (Guardian of light) all DX9 games and no more problems.
    DX10 and 11 games never had problems.

4. Unwinder

Thanks for good news, Tom. Yep, only D3D8 and D3D9 raster font rendering codepaths were affected, and as a side effect of fix both D3D8/D3D9 raster font rendering paths became a bit more efficient from CPU performance hit POV.

5. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    No thank you m8 , again a other nice feature in MSI Afterburner.
    Got my font set at "Blade runner movie font".
    Been playing for 2 hours now with no problems !!

Quick question : is there going to be a new tab or selection button in the Afterburner OSD server interface where you can select the fonts or do you still need to go into the config file in future releases?

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  6. Unwinder

Honestly, I don't know it myself yet. I'm not sure if such deep font customization feature is actually needed by end users.

7. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Needed maybe not, but if it got easy acces to the basics (changing into pre-installed list of the font types for example) I think it will be a loved feature.
    Changing fonts depending on what game you play would be nice. But that is maybe a dream to far.
    Any way excellent work !!!!!

8. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Is there a good website with a selection of suitable fonts for download because most of what I've found was rather bad.

9. Unwinder

Ok, now holding <Ctrl> while clicking <Raster 3D> button is opening standard OS font selection window allowing you to select font type and weight (regular or bold). Holding <Ctrl> + <Shift> while clicking <Raster 3D> button is opening file browser window allowing you to select a bitmap file with pre-rendered font texture. Font settings are now stored into application profiles.

10. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    That would be supurb !! looking forward to test it !!

Last edited: May 16, 2011

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    MSI HD6950 Twin Frozr III Voltage Issue

Like a previous poster mentioned, cannot seem to get the voltage to change. GPU-Z, TRIXX, Afterburner all report the stock voltage no matter what the core voltage is set at. Also, if this has any meaning, both bios versions had the exact same fan profile. So, what is advertised, as having a choice of silent or performance in regards to the fan control was not so for my card. The switch gave access to two identicle bios versions.

EDIT: Issue solved. Needed to change a setting for the gpu. The defualt was "High Leakage"...changed it to "Low Leakage" and now the voltage changes to what it is set at.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  12. Unwinder

13. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ah I just wanted to post .. at defaults it should work fine though, I actually just popped in the card to verify / identify your issue and then installed a fresh copy of the latest beta. It worked fine straight away.:

[​IMG]

14. WarHammerEBDA

WarHammerEBDA Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 6950 DirectCUII
    Works perfect Unwinder.

The only issue I have now is that I run triple view at 6000x1080 and would like to centre the OSD in the top centre of the middle monitor. Current the offset only goes to 2024. Any chance of an increase to the available offset?? doesn't really worry if you can't..

15. Pretoriano

Pretoriano New Member

GPU:
    MSI HD4870 OC 512mb
    Yes,last night i was "playing" again with AfterBurner and changed from "High Leakage" to "Low Leakage" and now the voltage tweak is working.
    I didn't changed that option in first place because i thought it was an "autodetect" feature but i was wrong.

16. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Whooooooooo !!!! Thanks Alexey !! You are amazing , again so nice and easy !!
    Working great !!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I can link a game to a specified Font if I want !!

Supurb!!!!!

17. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Nvidia 275.27 beta breaks Raster 3D. Vector and other OSD functions are unaffected. Raster 3D default font and most other fonts shows nothing. By changing the font to Tele-Marines the lines you see in the following screenshot became visible:

[​IMG]

Edit: Did some more testing and it seems DX10/DX11 titles are still fine. The new beta driver seems to have only broken Raster 3D in DX9 titles. Can anyone else confirm this?

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  18. Unwinder

Cannot confirm it, I'm under 275.27 myself and see no problems. OSD is nothing but simple 3D scene, it can be incompatible with some game engines due to the way they setup 3D pipeline when rendering game scenes, but it is beyond of my udnerstanding how the driver can break it in all DX9 games.

19. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Every thing still working fine here under the 275.27 driver.
    No negative effect on my DX9 games.

20. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC