Just cheated on nvidia for the first time.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by proliferazor, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Like 1-2fps? rofllmao

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Well that may be, but it doesn't help the end users who have issues with unstable vram. Issues like GSOD (grey screen), split screen images, vertical lines and texture corruption.
    Only GDDR5 memory is affected, so that's basically the 5xxx series up to the current gen cards..

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  3. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I have not see yet this with current AMD 7970 .. if his card have a problem, he just rma it... i can imagine the PWM or VRM could have a problem. or a memory block have a problem, but this is not due to the specs of it... the ram on the 7970 is set a lot under their specs. ( 5000mhz and they are rated at a minimum of 6000mhz ). ( on standard reference boards ).

Basically the ram is working a lot under the minimal spec made by Hynix ... So it is really hard to imagine thoses specs are pushed to their limits.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah that's what I meant...AMD prob underclocked it a little to make it more stable.

5. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    more for meet their TDP and in case AIB need to use lower rated ram in future.
    ( not the case yet on 7970, no worry to have )

But i suspect we will see a lot of RMA this year in gpu's ( any brand ).. The Taiwanese, chinese and Japan factories are really pushed to their limits, with condition who are really bad... they can control the human factors, but not their environnement.