HD 7xxx drivers for flicker/BSOD fix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by vejn, Sep 10, 2012.

1. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    why should this change smth if not used AA in some games ?

2. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    Thats just the point. Try it with AA.

For now it seems that NoAA can produce more artifacts as AA with supersampling. Dont ask me why...

3. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    I have experimented with various AA settings in Tropico 4, in game or forced form CCC, with 8.98-120611a-141402C-ATI (12.6 WHQL) on Win 7 x64 and there doesn't seem to be any difference from 13.1 WHQL or 13.2 beta on Win 8 x64, on both OSs the flickering is still there.

In Tropico 4 the best way to make the flickering black triangles appear seems to be to construct a road and move the mouse overlap an existing building with it so that the existing building is highlighted in red and then moving the mouse away so the existing building is no longer highlighted. Repeat for a while and the flickering triangles will appear.

4. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    doesn't make any difference here either. 1 year - no fix lol.

5. abollo

abollo Guest

GPU:
    HD7970
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  6. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    abollo, [H] is full of crap, as is that thread, you really should look at your sources and their rep and history, kyle(guy who owns/runs that site) banned a guy for reporting a legimate problem with early 8800gt's that later was found to be true....

glad you sold your amd card, enjoy nVidia, just never update your drivers without waiting a few days and checking for reports of, for example the driver disabling the gpu fan causing many cards to cook themselves.

on these problems it seems only some people get them, I get ZERO dx9 related problems, infact, a few games I play have less problems in dx9 mode(like bc2 that has always had shadow/terrane flicker issues for me in dx10/11 modes, even when I had my 8800gts512 and 8800gt cards in the system....)

7. abollo

abollo Guest

GPU:
    HD7970
    Congrats !:)

8. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    thanks, I do believe they happen, because, guess what? I know they do happen, I know im not uniq when I do have problems, I know im not uniq when I dont have problems......

9. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    I sold my both cards, 7850 2gb and 7770 1gb gone.

Going green where i should have stayed...

10. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    good, intel users should stick to nvidia videocards, rather then using amd products in their intel systems.....

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    you are not alone, i have zero problems as well.

In this case of [H], its not the site, its the troll that started that thread.

I have a few choice comments in there as well.

lol

12. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    problem to 100% solved with 13.2 !
    No more flickering. dx9c works like dx11 now, perfectly ! black shadows are history !:infinity:
    THX FOR THE FIX AMD:infinity:

If you have problems try 13.2 and everything is fine.:banana::banana::banana:

13. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    well, it is the site in that, if it had been a similar thing about nVidia, the OP would have gotten banned very quickly for bad mouthing nvidia.....

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1041483/nvidia-8800gt-experiences-teething

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1238771

yes that was me, I got banned for relaying what I was told by tech support when I called BFG, it was later confirmed by multi sources that some of the first batch of 8800gt's had problems, I never attacked bfg or anybody else just relayed what I was told thinking I would help some people avoid what happened to me.....

and yes i know the inq isnt a great site for valid trustworthy news, but as the linked threads show, i was far from alone even on nvidia's own forums there where similar reports of issues.....yet, to this day im banned there for simply reporting what happened(infact, later I made posts about how great jeff at bfg was and how happy I was with my cards when I got stable ones.)

but thats [H] for you, useless fanboi riddled site.......

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Honestly, i dont find the GPU section on there particularly useful.

The CPU sections on the other hand have a bunch of reps running around helping so its pretty useful.

15. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    I think the thread can be closed ! FIXED
    Im so happy now !
    World of Tanks, Dishonored, Black Ops, everything clean !
    I played over 12 hours

Not even one black triangle.:banana:

:bunch:

16. fasor

fasor Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GForce 750Ti 2Gb
    you should try GTA 4, Skyrim, Trine, XCOM, Witcher 2, DOTA 2 ...
    and then you will open thread again =)
    i'm talking about unofficial 13.2 beta

official 13.2 beta should be posted next week
    The best driver for now is 12.11b11

17. WiFry

WiFry Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD7870 Directcu II
    Must vary for card to card.
    My 7870 is getting very rare corruptions even in Skyrim now.

18. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    It seems so because the corruptions heavily depend on where you are, where you stand, where you're looking at etc -in Skyrim, for instance.

Too many parameters in order to get a safe result and thus, the correct word should only be "fixed". If it happens less, lesser or rarely, it means the problem hasn't been resolved. I understand you want to feel better about your choice of GPU and how you spent your money, but...

19. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    true
    I caw flicker(pink, blue, grey squares/rtiangles etc) only in 1 location, near river, and only on distance 50m or so from it. In 1 or 2 particular places. Driver 12.11b4
    13.2 had it too, but rarer.

20. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    NiColaoS is right, it depends on the view angle, i was wrong about building roads in Tropico 4, it was the angle, not the action that triggered the corruption/triangles. There are certain angles that when found constantly trigger the corruption. Unfortunately the are hard to find and sometimes hard to maintain.

And 13.2 leaked beta definitely does not fix the corruption, I have seen the corruption in DotA 2, Tropico 4 and The Witcher 2 EE.